Are you ever ashamed to call someone a Rangers fan?

GOAT

I always get the overwhelming feeling that there's no need for this on a football forum.

Am I alone?

Agreed, there too many threads started without any thought and others which are just people stirring, hence the reference to tea/coffee in my last post...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this thread turns into a riot, I'm going to stand up to the plate and say that I think this guy's comments is due to the thread concerning standing/singing for God save the Queen. I personally am now off to read the threads about Saturday's game! :rangers:

I always get the overwhelming feeling that there's no need for this on a football forum.

Am I alone?

But we have a culture and we are defending it! WATP!!!!!!!

Our culture and past aren't debatable though.

It's fact!

I wasn't being serious.

what happened to the days when racism was about skin colour now its about nationality, you cannae bloody sneeze nowadays without getting called a bigot, racist , sexiest bastard. gee me peace a few jokes here and there about people nationalties and people get on their high horses.

its a Internet forum people say controversial things all the time and if the slightest thing offends you - you need to get doon the pub more and have a bit of banter- in your sterile life.

IMO :craphead:

what happened to the days when racism was about skin colour now its about nationality, you cannae bloody sneeze nowadays without getting called a bigot, racist , sexiest bastard. gee me peace a few jokes here and there about people nationalties and people get on their high horses.

its a Internet forum people say controversial things all the time and if the slightest thing offends you - you need to get doon the pub more and have a bit of banter- in your sterile life.

Great point. You forgot about ageist though, bloody oldies, stealing our teeth :willy:

You're a f*cking gay n*gger.

:craphead:

Great point. You forgot about ageist though, bloody oldies, stealing our teeth :willy:

I know, the likes of manticore and Coop really should be ashamed of doing those things...

the reason i ask is because i am quite disgusted with the rank racism on show on this forum. Imagine what people from england, wales, ni or even beyond must think when they come on here. they must feel not welcome.

Rangers is a football club, that like it or not stands for all things British. We are British club, we are a Scottish club.

I am genuinely ashamed of some people. As I said some posters on here might as well live in a republican housing estate because their opinions are the exact same.

Anyway I too this day have never met a rangers fan in person who is ashamed of the union. Funny how the internet works eh?

Ah where to start?

Your username and your pic of spuds makes your racist point stupid from the get go!

You are genuinely ashamed of some people? Why? Because they don't share your opinion? I don't sing GSTQ or Rule Brittania, does that make me less of a rangers fan than you?

Were you watching the Scotland or England game last night?

Stupid thread :rangers:

the reason i ask is because i am quite disgusted with the rank racism on show on this forum. Imagine what people from england, wales, ni or even beyond must think when they come on here. they must feel not welcome.

Rangers is a football club, that like it or not stands for all things British. We are British club, we are a Scottish club.

I am genuinely ashamed of some people. As I said some posters on here might as well live in a republican housing estate because their opinions are the exact same.

Anyway I too this day have never met a rangers fan in person who is ashamed of the union. Funny how the internet works eh?

Ah where to start?

Your username and your pic of spuds makes your racist point stupid from the get go!

You are genuinely ashamed of some people? Why? Because they don't share your opinion? I don't sing GSTQ or Rule Brittania, does that make me less of a rangers fan than you?

Stupid post :rangers::rolleyes:

To return to the initial question...........there have been times in the past 40-odd years that I've definitely been ashamed to call someone a Rangers fan. Like the 15 stone numptie in a Rangers shirt kicking 7 colours out of a wee boy outside Queen St a few yrs ago. And the wee mink that robbed my local not so long ago. I'm sure if I thought long and hard enough I'd be able to come up with a very long list. :(

And yes, I do know this wasn't the real reason behind this thread, but I really don't want to pander to the initial posters need for attention and controversy. :)

You're a f*cking gay n*gger.

:craphead:

im now offended :mutley: :harhar:

Guest Andypendek

Well, I'm glad that's all sorted out now. Btw, Famine: the Debating Chamber is an excellent place for this sort of thread, you should pop in there and see what you think.

Ah where to start?

Stupid post :rangers::rolleyes:

Stupid post manticore :mutley:

I am ashamed that all us Bears used to stand together as one and unite for our culture, religion and laws.

I am ashamed that there seem to be so many hangers on amongst our support (probably brought about by 9IAR) that the very culture, religion and laws we once united to protect are being eradicated by people who say they are the same as us.

How I wish the Rangers of old would come back. Not in terms of on pitch escapades (which were a lot better) but in terms of supporter direction and unity.

If you can't handle those opinions, don't try and call me names.

I am ashamed that all us Bears used to stand together as one and unite for our culture, religion and laws.

I am ashamed that there seem to be so many hangers on amongst our support (probably brought about by 9IAR) that the very culture, religion and laws we once united to protect are being eradicated by people who say they are the same as us.

How I wish the Rangers of old would come back. Not in terms of on pitch escapades (which were a lot better) but in terms of supporter direction and unity.

John, Boabby, Dave, Ally, Jim

BETTY

We have as good as support as we've ever had in our history but if you want to be ashamed of those who don't have the same mindset as you, carry on. Personally I'd applaud them.

:clap: