Some support for the Texas Bears from RM

gersgirl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody heard anything from the Texas bears. Looks like it is really bad. 3,000,000 without power so far and the eye is still over Houston.

Not heard anything as yet, big Ronnie posted to the Narsa list last nite around 7pm that it was starting to get bad and that the pub wouldnt be showing the game today, but not heard anything since.

Watched a news report stating that downtown Houston still has power in areas as their lines are underground. Also read though that 911 started getting calls for rescue from the ones near the coast that were told to evacuate before the storm as soon as it hit. That could be a very sad and scary situation when the rescue agencies are able to get in there.

Anybody heard anything from the Texas bears. Looks like it is really bad. 3,000,000 without power so far and the eye is still over Houston.

Not heard anything as yet, big Ronnie posted to the Narsa list last nite around 7pm that it was starting to get bad and that the pub wouldnt be showing the game today, but not heard anything since.

Watched a news report stating that downtown Houston still has power in areas as their lines are underground. Also read though that 911 started getting calls for rescue from the ones near the coast that were told to evacuate before the storm as soon as it hit. That could be a very sad and scary situation when the rescue agencies are able to get in there.

I tried to phone big Davie H a while ago but could not get through.

The news coverage has been showing how bad it is and it still has a while to go. Probably won't know the full effects till tomorrow. Will keep watching the news.

The hurricane hit Galveston this morning at about 2AM local time, it's currently a category 1 hurricane and is expected to remain a hurricane through this afternoon. Galveston has had massive flooding and damage. Most of Houston has lost power and there has been heavy damage in the downtown area.

The hurricane hit Galveston this morning at about 2AM local time, it's currently a category 1 hurricane and is expected to remain a hurricane through this afternoon. Galveston has had massive flooding and damage. Most of Houston has lost power and there has been heavy damage in the downtown area.

Glad your OK. I hope all the rest of the TTB and the BCL are all safe as well as everyone else in the area. Please keep us informed.

Thanks

Lachie has spoken to him, he and his family came through it ok, a few leaks and no power. Here's hoping all the rest are so lucky.

Something I've never understood..........why are so many houses built of wood in these areas? Makes no sense to me whatsoever! :unsure:

Maybe because when those houses were built thats what they had to build from? You wont see houses built of wood alone anymore, and I would hazard a guess that any houses built now would have to meet certain building standards due to the area they are in.

Now that the storm has passed, the real challenge has just begun. People are going back to find their homes destroyed and their possessions gone. There are predictions of billions of dollars worth of damage.

If anybody is compelled to help out, you can donate at www.redcross.org/index.html

Now that the storm has passed, the real challenge has just begun. People are going back to find their homes destroyed and their possessions gone. There are predictions of billions of dollars worth of damage.

If anybody is compelled to help out, you can donate at www.redcross.org/index.html

Excellent suggestion Texas Ger, by all accounts there will be many in need of that help in the coming time. Hope you and yours came through this ok.

Lachie has spoken to him, he and his family came through it ok, a few leaks and no power. Here's hoping all the rest are so lucky.

Thanks T, I'll give him a buzz later when things settle down a bit.