Is it just me....

WaltersGotStyle

Right after reading the plans for this "peaceful" protest that is taking place...

Instead of making this pointless protest shouldn't we just be getting behind the team and ensure that any sectarian songs or chants do not take place in the surrounding area of your seat at the game.

If we govern ourselves no one can drag our name through the mud... not even the "big bad" BBC Scotland... <cr>

You are missing the point.

We have already cleaned up our act. There are no sectarian songs sung by us any more within stadia. Yet, we're still made out to be the bad guys by BBC Scotland in particular. Other teams don't receive the same coverage by them as has been shown in several different ways.

That's why some people feel they want to protest.

By all means disagree with their perception of our treatment but please do so respectfully.

Protesting is the right of the cititzen of democracy :)

I 100% agree however if this protest turns nasty and it only takes one... we will have egg on our faces

And if my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle...

Let's see what happens before we declare the protest a success or otherwise. I'm sure the organisers will be doing their utmost to ensure those of us who can't make it (or don't agree with the thoughts behind it) are not embarrassed.

I 100% agree however if this protest turns nasty and it only takes one... we will have egg on our faces

You seem to be assuming that the protest will turn nasty. Why is that? I know you haven't quite said you are expecting it to, but it seems to be the crux of your argument against the protest.

Do you not think that the majority of supporters who attend will be keen on a peaceful protest, and would stop anyone who did threaten to get out of hand?

You seem to be assuming that the protest will turn nasty. Why is that? I know you haven't quite said you are expecting it to, but it seems to be the crux of your argument against the protest.

Do you not think that the majority of supporters who attend will be keen on a peaceful protest, and would stop anyone who did threaten to get out of hand?

Yes and I believe that 99.9% of the fans in Manchester were peaceful as I was their but I will always remember the feeling of shame as a minority started a riot

Yes and I believe that 99.9% of the fans in Manchester were peaceful as I was their but I will always remember the feeling of shame as a minority started a riot

Can you just be clear, do you expect there will be trouble at the protest?

I don't expect trouble.

I think he wants there to be.

Right after reading the plans for this "peaceful" protest that is taking place...

Instead of making this pointless protest shouldn't we just be getting behind the team and ensure that any sectarian songs or chants do not take place in the surrounding area of your seat at the game.

If we govern ourselves no one can drag our name through the mud... not even the "big bad" BBC Scotland... <cr>

So why are you against the protest?

Why would I want there to be trouble I love Glasgow Rangers but I know we have some small minded sections of our support who will use this opportunity to start trouble.

Why would I want there to be trouble I love Glasgow Rangers but I know we have some small minded sections of our support whom will use this opportunity to start trouble.

"whom will?" I take it your degree wasn't English then? :lol:

Why do you say they will rather than they might? I'm intrigued.

Again, do you not think the majority who are there for a peaceful protest would quickly quash any signs of bad behaviour?

Why would I want there to be trouble I love Glasgow Rangers but I know we have some small minded sections of our support whom will use this opportunity to start trouble.

Thus trouble is expected

I think their might be trouble... and I believe that there is no bias in BBC Scotland... just paranoia amongst a small minority of our fans

So you think there might be trouble and you don't agree with the protestors.

I have to say maybe you need to get something more in your life if such flimsy reasons inspire you to start a thread on the interweb, not to mention the despicable comments about your fellow bears on the other thread.

But I can see I'll not get anywhere with you, I guess you've already got me labelled as a bigot just like you have Jiminez.

People like you sicken me. I am ashamed to support the same team as you.

I think their might be trouble... and I believe that there is no bias in BBC Scotland... just paranoia amongst a small minority of our fans

How do you explain that, when the Irish consul complained about Rangers fans' "racist" singing, it was the lead story on Reporting Scotland, and yet when the Spanish consul complained about death threats by Celtc fans, it hasn't been mentioned?

Is Martin Bain paranoid?

He's already commented on how the mud slinging seems to be a one way street from the media.

The BBC are one of guiltiest of the lot.

I think you're here to cause trouble....