Thomson Utter Mince

thebroxibear

Does anyone else think Thomson was utter mince last night. Can't think of one decent pass, gave the ball away frequently and managed to stay on the park the full game. Bollocks!!!

Why are we not trying Aaron as an attacking midfielder must be better than Thomson!

Does anyone else think Thomson was utter mince last night. Can't think of one decent pass, gave the ball away frequently and managed to stay on the park the full game. Bollocks!!!

Why are we not trying Aaron as an attacking midfielder must be better than Thomson!

Are you implying that Thomson was playing as an attacking midfielder?

everyone played poor except mendes, but even he was not at his best,

when 10 players are behind the ball its difficult to pick out a perfect pass there was not alot of room last night we did the best we could on a bad night!!

No...not implying he was doin anything in particular. Thinking that if we have another decent midfielder and against the likes of Partick we should be setting the team out in an attacking format. Thomson offered nothing in the game. Might as well have played with 10 men IMO

Thomson didn't have his best game last night but over has easily been our best midfielder over the past year. Thought he hadn't a decent game on Sat but has to step it up if he's to keep his place when Fergie comes back

For me he plays to many back passes, a know its keeping posession,maybe hes been told to play this way,but that wasnt the boy who played with Hibs he was far more positive there and thats the way a think he should be playing for us.Maybe hes looking over his shoulder at Barry ma baw,coming back and thinking am oot the team soon.

when 10 players are behind the ball its difficult to pick out a perfect pass there was not alot of room last night we did the best we could on a bad night!!

Totally right there Jimbo , we are all dissapointed with the performance last night would expect a few fucks fired into them next training session

I wouldn't say every one played poor. Davies was excellent again and even though Nacho had the worst day up front he did some important back tracking to help out defence and Bhougerra and Kirk did a lot of good defence work. Sasa had a fine night as well and was pushing up front as well.

ONly player who played good yesterday was once again Davis but i still say there is a problem when we play smaller teams - we seem to drop to their level and play with them like its a friendly.

I know with the team we had out there yesterday, we could very easlily have murdered them with no less than 10 goals last night - why didnt we do that? Why when we score, do we sit back? and if we dont sit back after 1 goal, we do after going 2 up (see motherwell game) so it comes down to why we have to play a game instead of going out there and just murderering each team we actually play be it 2-0 10 - 0 or 25 - 0, we have a team that can squash tiny didly wee teams

ONly player who played good yesterday was once again Davis but i still say there is a problem when we play smaller teams - we seem to drop to their level and play with them like its a friendly.

I know with the team we had out there yesterday, we could very easlily have murdered them with no less than 10 goals last night - why didnt we do that? Why when we score, do we sit back? and if we dont sit back after 1 goal, we do after going 2 up (see motherwell game) so it comes down to why we have to play a game instead of going out there and just murderering each team we actually play be it 2-0 10 - 0 or 25 - 0, we have a team that can squash tiny didly wee teams

This puzzled me as well, it was the same last season. We destroyed Celtic, who are the best team we're going to play this season, but somehow the same team (well, almost same) makes incredibly hard work of beating a first division team. Was the same last season with QOTS, Partick, St Johnstone, etc. Baffling.

For me he plays to many back passes, a know its keeping posession,maybe hes been told to play this way,but that wasnt the boy who played with Hibs he was far more positive there and thats the way a think he should be playing for us.Maybe hes looking over his shoulder at Barry ma baw,coming back and thinking am oot the team soon.

I was thinking this might have unsettled him, but you'd think it would make him play better so he is harder to drop.

This puzzled me as well, it was the same last season. We destroyed Celtic, who are the best team we're going to play this season, but somehow the same team (well, almost same) makes incredibly hard work of beating a first division team. Was the same last season with QOTS, Partick, St Johnstone, etc. Baffling.

Yeah I was thinking the same last night. I mean i know they really raise their game versus us but we should still be putting these teams away far more comfortably! Oh and to the OP, yes Thomson was very poor last night, I was surprised he wasn't subbed.

I was thinking this might have unsettled him, but you'd think it would make him play better so he is harder to drop.

He could play like Messi and it will make no difference. Barry comes back in.

I wouldn't say every one played poor. Davies was excellent again and even though Nacho had the worst day up front he did some important back tracking to help out defence and Bhougerra and Kirk did a lot of good defence work. Sasa had a fine night as well and was pushing up front as well.

:huh: was you watching the game, thought it passed him by not at his best at all the team had a bad day at the office and made the best of a poor display,

saying davis was excellent is crazy he was excellent against celtic not partick!!

:huh: was you watching the game, thought it passed him by not at his best at all the team had a bad day at the office and made the best of a poor display,

saying davis was excellent is crazy he was excellent against celtic not partick!!

Agree with jimbo, Davis was excellent last night (compared to others).

Thomson was pretty poor last night but when he is on form he is one of our most important players IMO. (tu)

Thomson has a good engine but is slow and gets far too many yellow cards. He also could not get or keep possession last night. He is very inconsistent in my view and Barry hopefully will replace him when fit. Edu has still a ways to go to.

Yeah he had a poor game last night. It was a shocking pass by him that let partick have possession for their goal. On top of that once he gave away possession he simply trotted back in a leisurely manner no commitment to close down any of the partick players. I can remember him doing that on at least one other occasion (were one of the partick players got passed him and he simply gave up). There were 3 other playersa who I also felt were poor last night;

JCD - One of the worst performances I have seen from a rangers player in a long time. i dont think he managed one decent pass to a team mate for the whole night.

Novo - Did some good runs in the first half but his distribution was poor, not to mention his finishing (Kenny Missers got a new rival).

Beadsley - Another shocking display (I think thats 3 poor performances in a row now), although he did have one decent run up the left hand side and managed to get the ball to Mendes for the goal (although Im not sure if he tried to pass it or the ball simply hit off him and found Mended).

I would give Aaron a run out since we dont seem to have anyone in the squad that is capable of playing on the left hand side.