***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

to anyone who hasn't took my suggestion of Havard Nordtveit yet, have a look at him in my Milan team, he has been like that for me for years.

Nordtveit.jpg

im farming him out on loan at present not good enough to displace sakho and richards or toure at the moment.

Likewise. He's been on loan at Falkirk for a few seasons and in all honesty, hasn't done much to impress me. He has made his breakthrough with the Norway side, though.

I bloody hate the work permit ruling. I've just unearthed the Nigerian Josef Bican but i can't get him a permit!

2h666on.jpg

Current side as of 2011 -

155mcmx.jpg

Cracking crop of youngsters coming through as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

won 7 trophies in 3 years with rangers before moving to man utd, re-established rangers as the dominant force in scottish football building a team that would lose only 8 league games during my tenure,

7293kn.jpg

2s7uixw.jpg

eisbpk.jpg

pavel pogrebnyak and guilherme were the best partnership i've ever had with a rangers side,

2dcbsx4.jpg

zo983a.jpg

my starting 11 so far, still in first season as Arsenal

Gk- Stojkovic

Rb- L de silvestri

Lb- Clichy

CB- Richards

CB- Sakho

RM- Walcott

CM- Fabregas

CM- Nasri

LM- giovinco

CF- Adebayor

CF- eduardo

subs

almunia

toure

sagna

denilson

bendtner

Ballotelli

Arda Turan

SWP

also secured around 5-6 16 year olds who my scouts advise me will be shit hot.

one was a hungarian CH, a 15 year old Brazillian for left back (gota wait 3 years for the fucker tho)

Update:

3 games to go and have an 8 point lead of Liverfool and Mancsester utd woo hoo, have west brom at home and then spurs and liverpool away so should rap up the league in my next game.

Won the league cup and in the Final of the F.A cup

as good as in the UCL final after a 4-0 win at the Emirates against Chelsea

Adebayor is a god, been injured fairly regulary but he is still my top scorer with 27 goals in 28 games in all.

looking like a quad in my first season. :gerbad:

won 7 trophies in 3 years with rangers before moving to man utd, re-established rangers as the dominant force in scottish football building a team that would lose only 8 league games during my tenure,

7293kn.jpg

2s7uixw.jpg

eisbpk.jpg

pavel pogrebnyak and guilherme were the best partnership i've ever had with a rangers side,

2dcbsx4.jpg

zo983a.jpg

how did u get that back round

Bastard.

I've beaten Chesney into obliteration to the point where he's got the sack.

The ballbags have went and brought back Martin O'Neil. At least it's a challenge.

Strachan was sacked in mine and they hired Glenn fucking Hoddle as his replacement. Predictably, they were utter shit and offered no challenge at all.

went arsenal. decided to go for a "big" team, signed Veloso, Arshavin, Sakho, Ustari

Arshavin was a mistake my boy. His value drops to £3M after a couple of seasons. Toulalan was the man you wanted!

went arsenal. decided to go for a "big" team, signed Veloso, Arshavin, Sakho, Ustari

Arshavin was a mistake my boy. His value drops to £3M after a couple of seasons. Toulalan was the man you wanted!

tbf he has been really good since a signed him

Toulalan was a very very close signing but I went for Veloso him and Cesc are having a field day of a bring in Nasri they boss the midfield. I needed someone for the right as Eboue is pish and Walcott is well still young,

For the first time i have ever seen, Bojan was not considered good enough to be offered a contract by Barcelona.

Just landed him on a free.

Woo hoo

That's a bug in the game :)

I just done the domestic with gers in my first season, this is my season round up:

gersft5.png

Manged to get Pogrebnyak for £3million, after having a £5million agreed loan fee deal :D

7293kn.jpg

2s7uixw.jpg

eisbpk.jpg

2dcbsx4.jpg

zo983a.jpg

how did u get that back round

www.sortitoutsi.net

Is there anything more satisfying than seeing a youngster that you've trained and nurtured gain his first International Cap? I think not. One of my young gun's has just received his first call up to the Portugal national side, damn it feels good.

Just won the Champions League again, a Toulalan thunderbolt dismissing Inter Milan in the final. I love it when Toulalan scores, it means i can yell "TOOH-LA-LA" in a French accent at the top of my voice, albeit it was a mistake to do so when i was playing the game in a packed out Starbucks earlier on today at lunchtime.

On a sadder note, my first ever Arsenal signing and long term servant, Maxi Rodriguez, has decided to call it day. As a sign of respect, i'll be throwing a friendly tournament, aptly nicknamed 'The Maxi Rodriguez Cup'. Maxi's previous employers, Atletico Madrid, Newell's Old Boys and Espanyol will all be invited, with all the proceedings going to Maxi and his family (hypothetically, of course).

Oh Maxi, you came and you gave without takin'.

Just drew athletico madrid in my champions league qualifier :anguish:

Same :anguish:

was beating them 1-0 away until thomson got sent off, they then equalised.

Home game next! :gerbad:

Well I lost 5-0 in aggregate :lol: There was never a huge difference though....was losing 1-0 at Ibrox, Boyd gets a goal chopped off and Forlan runs up the park in the last minute and wins it. I'm not going to mention the second leg. Got FC Timisoara in UEFA Cup.

Celtic up next :gerbad:

On a sadder note, my first ever Arsenal signing and long term servant, Maxi Rodriguez, has decided to call it day. As a sign of respect, i'll be throwing a friendly tournament, aptly nicknamed 'The Maxi Rodriguez Cup'. Maxi's previous employers, Atletico Madrid, Newell's Old Boys and Espanyol will all be invited, with all the proceedings going to Maxi and his family (hypothetically, of course).

Oh Maxi, you came and you gave without takin'.

I find it really hard trying to arrange friendly tournaments with good teams :anguish:

Is there anything more satisfying than seeing a youngster that you've trained and nurtured gain his first International Cap? I think not. One of my young gun's has just received his first call up to the Portugal national side, damn it feels good.

Just won the Champions League again, a Toulalan thunderbolt dismissing Inter Milan in the final. I love it when Toulalan scores, it means i can yell "TOOH-LA-LA" in a French accent at the top of my voice, albeit it was a mistake to do so when i was playing the game in a packed out Starbucks earlier on today at lunchtime.

:lol:

That is a truly special moment in any manager's career, the pride felt makes all those hours on the training ground feel like a brilliant investment.

However, I must admit that in a previous game when I was Wycombe Wanderers, I had young Arturs Vaiculus in my squad, the Latvian goalkeeper from Rangers.

He was by no means a regular in my team but always found himself in the national squad, leaving me feeling great. My scout reports on him were patchy at best though so I decided to have a closer look at his match rating and stats.

Imagine my horror when I found out the Latvian manager was playing him at left midfield! No wonder he was averaging about 3.6 per game and constantly getting hooked around the hour mark.

I can confirm though, that Walter Smith definitely wasn't in charge of Latvia at this time.

I agree mate but I could just picture everyone watching you in starbucks :craphead: