***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone give me a good striker for £5 million or under. I've tried Marquinhos, Milevski, Kerreison (sp?), Hulk, Gignac, Pavone already. I'm Rangers btw.

Get Bojan at the end of the first season for free. Try Jonatas from AZ, or better yet Kikin Fonseca from Tigres.

My favourite is always Robert Lewandowski, fucking astonishingly good striker.

Got Ched Evans on loan and he scored 8 goals in 11 games for me. Signed Jack Wilshere from Arsenal for £2.5 million and a wee 15 year old Brazilian for a couple of million.....his finishing is 15 already :praise: sold Barry for £6 million to Boro and got rid of McCulloch, Dailly, Weir. Kirk Broadfoot has turned into a great defender and so has Andy Webster of all people. I won the league but now Beasley, Thomson and McGregor want to leave :( Napoli knocked me out the UEFA Cup in the last 16.

edit: Just realised I don't get the Brazilian for another 2 years doh

Can somebody answer me this: Do players develop quicker if they are played in the first team or do they develop at the same pace if they are played in the reserves?

develop quicker in the first team in my experience, so its better to loan out to club so they get first team football. I have risked Fleck out on the left wing in my first season he has done quite well for me so far.

Can somebody answer me this: Do players develop quicker if they are played in the first team or do they develop at the same pace if they are played in the reserves?

develop quicker in the first team in my experience, so its better to loan out to club so they get first team football. I have risked Fleck out on the left wing in my first season he has done quite well for me so far.

Cheers.

Signed Fleck for Man City and he's a demon up front for me in Europe. In the league games he hasn't found that great form yet but in the UEFA cup I'm looking at 6 games played 5 goals scored.

This game is so fuckin tough some times

Got to December 2012 and was quite close to the top of the league, then i draw with Everton at home, lose to Chelsea arsenal and Man city after leading in all 3, draw 2-2 with Middlesborough after they sit in 451 and have 2 decent chances, then lose 2-1 at Watford to a 30 year old James McFadden double

Honest to fuck :anguish:

too fucking easy this game, just started playing again loaded up my Arsenal game, in which i have won all 4 trophies available, play 6 games in the prem win all 6 with half my first team missing through injury, then add the Charity shield and the euro super cup defeating R.madrid with 10 men 2-0 so after 1 season and 8 games i have 5 cups and 1 league trophy.

new signings added to squad were:

Hulk 12M- first appearance as sub 20 mins to go breaks his leg :anguish:

S. Defour 12m- second appearance strains knee ligmanets out for 5 months

kodzieliek (spelling) 17 year old left back from Lyon £4m not injured yet :lol:

asejno 7m - Again injured in training after 1st game out for 5 months :anguish:

Kenny Ogtigba- 200k 16 year old CB that looks VERY promising for the future already has 3 games to his name ave rating 7.45

too fucking easy this game, just started playing again loaded up my Arsenal game, in which i have won all 4 trophies available, play 6 games in the prem win all 6 with half my first team missing through injury, then add the Charity shield and the euro super cup defeating R.madrid with 10 men 2-0 so after 1 season and 8 games i have 5 cups and 1 league trophy.

Kenny Ogtigba- 200k 16 year old CB that looks VERY promising for the future already has 3 games to his name ave rating 7.45

Too easy :|

most ive achieved is the treble in the spl cant do good with any other team or any othere league the passion isnt there :craphead::(

Started a new game with rangers, got my chinese money man in :D team is in my second season.

-----------------------McGregor--------------------

Faubert-----Luiz----------Webster-------Smith

Arce---------Veloso---------Davis--------Nani--

---------------Derbyshire---Milevskyi------------

New LB, CB and Goalkeeper and am sorted, wee Arce is class :pipe:

Too easy :|

most ive achieved is the treble in the spl cant do good with any other team or any othere league the passion isnt there :craphead::(

im trying to bring in my own team but its still too easy, average age is down to 21 for the whole squad of 65 players ( fts,res,under19)

2nd season as Man City in the EPL. Last season I played 4-5-1 with two wide men, this season I want to play it with just the one attacking midfielder lying behind the striker. Can anybody give me a bit of advice on how I should go about this, like how attacking etc.

My team as that formation looks like this:

----------------Vagner Love---------------

----------------Diego---------------------

--Modric----------Ireland----------Snra--

--------------M Sissoko----------------

-Bridge--Miranda---Cuellar---Richards/ Santon

-----------------Given----------------

Also have Robinho, Milevskyi, Sakho and Albin. All fairly decent players.