***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left ma dusseldorf game in november to sign for dundee utd they gave me 4 million to spend they had already sold Mongris ,Prince Beuben and a couple of other first team players the first two goin to celtic

so a bought

David Clarkson for 1 million

James McArthur for 600k

Dorman for 500k

Gary Glen 150k

they were 3rd points behind celtic managed to get them 3 points behind at the end of the january window and got them to a CIS cup final against the sheep shaggers

Clarkson and Glen have scored 14 in 8 games great return

anyone got any players a could buy for cheap and would come to dundee utd need a LB and a LM

I have just started off with Rangers, been pumped off average teams in 2 friendlys so far, anyone any tips on who to buy and who in the team to sell?

I started off the exact same but I changed to 4-5-1 with Beasley and Novo out wide, Boyd upfront. Thomson and Davis will get you a lot of money in a few years. Webster and Broadfoot turned out great in mine (tu)

End of the season you can Bojan for free.

I have just started off with Rangers, been pumped off average teams in 2 friendlys so far, anyone any tips on who to buy and who in the team to sell?

I started off the exact same but I changed to 4-5-1 with Beasley and Novo out wide, Boyd upfront. Thomson and Davis will get you a lot of money in a few years. Webster and Broadfoot turned out great in mine (tu)

Cheers, is there a thread on here with good players to buy? I haven't got a clue who to buy.

Cheers, is there a thread on here with good players to buy? I haven't got a clue who to buy.

Once you get £5m, buy Gignac.

Once you get £5m, buy Gignac.

I only chose a small database so cant get him. :anguish:

My first 3 games of the season I drew 3.3 with Falkirk, drew 1.1 with Hearts and beat Aberdeen away 2.1

:anguish: am shite at this game.

Am fucking shite at this game, due throwing my laptop out the window. Start to the season = DDWDL :anguish:, I lost 3.0 to Motherwell at Ibrox :anguish: :anguish:

The Rangers squad is gash mate.

In my first transfer window at the start of the game, I pretty much sold the whole bunch of them except for Davis, McGregor and Edu.

Used the £20m or so I raised to create my own side and just went from there. Sell as many of them as you can (tu)

I chose the small database, didn't think it would be that small. Is it the Bojan from barca you are talking about that goes on a freebie? Says on mine he is contracted untill 2013.

He was on a freebie on the first version, but the latest patch has 'sorted' that.

If I was you, I'd go and start again on a large database - really makes the game better.

It it a bit easy though isnt it? I got to a champions league semi final with rangers (and lost) just by playing 4-5-1 (not anti football :P), I went out on away goals even though I won the 2nd game :anguish:

I started a new season with man city, brought in some good players and im sitting top of the league, I had a tough spell coming up against manchester utd, chelsea and arsenal I think it was and I havent lost either of them yet