***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

:P

Villa rips teams to shreds, Silva has been inconsistent for me, Albiol is solid and Mata is a beast. I remember in 9.1 he would always be up for sale and you could sign him for Rangers. Good times! Still, in 3rd place at the mo', 6 points behind Real in 1st, 2 behind Villareal in 2nd.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Villa rips teams to shreds, Silva has been inconsistent for me, Albiol is solid and Mata is a beast. I remember in 9.1 he would always be up for sale and you could sign him for Rangers. Good times! Still, in 3rd place at the mo', 6 points behind Real in 1st, 2 behind Villareal in 2nd.

He is a legend got him on loan then agreed a fee of 2.5m for him was outstanding cant believe that the game somehow disappered from my list of saved games.

just have to carry on my Arsenal game where it seems i am destined to win every trophy that i can. :pipe:

I've heard of that happening before, no idea why though.

As for Arsenal, it's surely impossible not to win every trophey available. They're superb! Or at least, the CPU is superb with them.

Nice bargain there, PG.

I'm trying to pinch Tevez on a free at the end of the first season, hopefully he won't sign a new deal with United and goes on a free. At the moment he's unwilling to discuss terms.

It was a decent price, couldn't say no.

His stats aren't great but I think he's been rotting in the reserves for a while. I'll put him though my 'Bad Ass Motherfucker' training regime for 3 weeks before playing him and get him good again.

I've just realised that I actually never pick the same starting XI for two games in a row :lol:

Also, just noticed that my squad is made up of two goalies, 3 CM's, 3 strikers and about 10 players that can play anywhere in midfield, attacking midfield or up front.

Options aplenty :pipe:

I wanted to buy either Nuri Sahin or Kacar but I only have £5 million.

Everyone should just send their scouts to Spain because there is so many 17 year olds out of contract, that's me got 5 now.

I got Kacar on a free transfer.

Not really a starter, more of a squad player but his stats are brilliant.

He cost me somwhere between 15M and 20M in my second season for Rangers, although I did bring in £50M with the sales of Davis, Thomson and Boyd...

I need help with this game.

I am crap at it also is it possible becuase its a chipped versions its harder.

I am rangers. Who do i buy. Who do i sell.

WHat training do i do.

Also do most people win the leauge in their first season

The first time I started with Rangers I couldn't get it at all then I went 4-5-1 with Beasley and Novo on the flanks. Broadfoot and Webster are actually decent in the game and I only got a million to spend to so I got Jorn Vermeulen for £95k :)

i sold boyd for 7.5 and bought gignac who scored 26 league goals in the first season and 34 all together for 6million built up about 7 million to spend after that by selling people bought razvan rat who scores about 10 goals a season for a LB

First season done with Valencia. Here's my transfers:

Transfers0809.png

I was given a 20m injection midway through the season.

funds.png

So I signed Veloso to shore up the midfield and after the transfer window I put the majority of the rest away for wages.

Finished up winning the Spanish Cup, the UEFA Cup and losing the League due to slipping up on my game in hand away to Espanyol 2-0, 2nd last game of the season. If I had won that I would have been 2 points clear going into the final game of the season!

Fixtures.png

---

League-1.png

As someone pointed out, David Villa is sensational. Finishing with 32 goals in 33 League games and 43 in 44 starts overall. I've had Torres in FM 09 and I don't think he was as good as Villa.

review.png

Is it just me that finds Kevin Thomson fantastic in the game? He's rated as being just about average for my team yet he consistently scores important goals and gets high ratings.

Thommo-1.png

--

ThommoStats.png

So, after being presented with 47m to go and win the league in my second season I've done the following so far:

Transfers0910.png

Still got most of my cash to splash and Morreti, classed as an offload in the near future, heading to Real Madrid for 6m!

Edit: Having just typed that, I continued the game and found he had decided to reject them. doh

why does it say ur 17th in La Liga on one screen and let it says ur 2nd in the next pic, and its on the same date?

why does it say ur 17th in La Liga on one screen and let it says ur 2nd in the next pic, and its on the same date?

On the league standings screen you select the year drop down menu and select the table you want to view for previous year(s).

In the new seasons standings, Valencia start 17th.

First season done with Valencia. Here's my transfers:

Transfers0809.png

I was given a 20m injection midway through the season.

funds.png

So I signed Veloso to shore up the midfield and after the transfer window I put the majority of the rest away for wages.

Finished up winning the Spanish Cup, the UEFA Cup and losing the League due to slipping up on my game in hand away to Espanyol 2-0, 2nd last game of the season. If I had won that I would have been 2 points clear going into the final game of the season!

Fixtures.png

---

League-1.png

As someone pointed out, David Villa is sensational. Finishing with 32 goals in 33 League games and 43 in 44 starts overall. I've had Torres in FM 09 and I don't think he was as good as Villa.

review.png

Is it just me that finds Kevin Thomson fantastic in the game? He's rated as being just about average for my team yet he consistently scores important goals and gets high ratings.

Thommo-1.png

--

ThommoStats.png

So, after being presented with 47m to go and win the league in my second season I've done the following so far:

Transfers0910.png

Still got most of my cash to splash and Morreti, classed as an offload in the near future, heading to Real Madrid for 6m!

Edit: Having just typed that, I continued the game and found he had decided to reject them. doh

Thomson is brilliant in the new patch a just started a new game as rangers made him captain straight away he scores alot of important goals seems to pop up at the right time

• 2 weeks later...

Playing my 2nd season with Rangers now.Here all transfers in my first season:

fmseason09.jpg

I managed to get lots of money for the likes of Hemdani,Adam,McCulloch,Papac,etc.

Nugent and Fowler - awful players.

Kanu - scored 4 in 16 games <cr>

Valeri Domovchiyski was a good signing.Same goes for Barr and Berra.Le Tallec is the only player i buy every time i play :) The rest are youngsters.

I won a treble in my first season.

Transfers,2nd season:

fmseason10.jpg

Manucho and Routledge are woeful players.Guilherme was too expensive but i still signed him,as i`m having a great striker for at least 10 seasons with him in the squad.Altidore started bad,but he`s doing better now and i have some hope for him.Oh,i`ve nearly forgot.

guilherme.jpg

Such a great player.9 goals in 11 games for now.