***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try actually challenging yourself instead of going teams that give you a bottomless pit of money.

although saying that i started a game with Hoffenheim as i know they are bankrolled by a billionaire :lol:

start with a budget of 5m and aim of avoiding relegation.

after 18 games im sitting in 11th place after trying to rebuild my squad on 8.75m i managed to sign 12 players and a couple on pre contract for next season mostly chilleans as they are cheap as fuck!!

sitting 11 th is nothing you might say but its good enough to be 13 points clear of relegation and thats not bad considering i lost my first 8 games trying to find the right formation. finally settling on a 4-2-3-1 which seems to work well but the downside is i have about 6 strikers vying for that one spot.

at the mo my team is as follows.

gk- Kavacan (24 y.o)

Lb- infzuza (19)

Cb- Caeceres (22)

Cb- Tobio (18)

Rb- Jan San Roman (20)

DM- Gustavo (wanted by 25 clubs)(21)

DM- Salihovic (31)

RW- Obasi(22)

LW- Leonardo(22)

AM- C.Eduardo(21)

CF- ibesevic(25)

i also have a VERY young squad with an Average age of 21

Nah, going a team with a bottomless pit of cash is a challenge in itself.

I sold every single player within a season and started a whole new team up with younger players that could dominate for years to come. Stick with it for two years then move onto another club.

That's the best way to play FM for me. I'm thinking of leaving City and going into the Championship to rescue a sleeping giant.

As for Benzema :lol:

Had enough of his gash performances, so I came out in the press and called him a flange. He promised to buck up his ideas after that and has scored nine goals in his last five games :D :D

Nah, going a team with a bottomless pit of cash is a challenge in itself.

I sold every single player within a season and started a whole new team up with younger players that could dominate for years to come. Stick with it for two years then move onto another club.

That's the best way to play FM for me. I'm thinking of leaving City and going into the Championship to rescue a sleeping giant.

As for Benzema :lol:

Had enough of his gash performances, so I came out in the press and called him a flange. He promised to buck up his ideas after that and has scored nine goals in his last five games :D :D

:lol: i never sign him anymore did so for Barca when i first got it and if he wasnt injured he just wasnt scoring so never sign him anymore PLENTY of players to sign.

i know what you mean about the bottomless pit, i may have only got 8.75 but the chairman keeps pumping 3m into the club every month, the bank balance at the start of the season was 14m its now at over 30m :lol: im going to have some spending spree in the summer me thinks :)

Just finished season 1 with Rangers, won the league, league cup and scottish cup. Also managed to get to the UEFA cup final but lost 1-0 to City. Got £35M to spend after selling a few folk, I need a central defender, a left and right back, and a right and left winger, any suggestions?

Anyone? :unsure:

Just finished season 1 with Rangers, won the league, league cup and scottish cup. Also managed to get to the UEFA cup final but lost 1-0 to City. Got £35M to spend after selling a few folk, I need a central defender, a left and right back, and a right and left winger, any suggestions?

Anyone? :unsure:

Obassi from Hoffenheim for Right winger is awesome

Carlos Eduardo- Left winger also Hoffenheim

lorenzo de silverstri - Lazio plays right back.

at the mo i cant think of any left backs

Left back - Vermaelen from Ajax.

Right back - Degen from Liverpool.

Central defender - you could try with some brazilian folks - Leo,Andre Ruiz(i`m not sure for his first name),etc.

Left winger - Juan Manuel Mata,Andrew Driver,Andre,Marko Babic.

Right winger - Clint Dempsey,Freddy Adu.

I found a very useful link with lots of players to look at.The screens have been made in 2015,so you can check what`s their progress at that time.

CLICK

It`s amazing how much money some teams are ready to pay for the likes of McCulloch,Hemdani,Adam,Beasley,Burke,Broadfoot,Papac.

6.5mi for Papac,McCulloch and Burke.

7.5 for Beasley.

4mil for Adam and 5 for Broadfoot...I even managed to get 7 mil for Hemdani once,usually 4 or 5 max.But you have to offer him a new deal right before you put him on the transfer list,cause noone`s gonna pay 7 mil for him when he`s in his last year of contract.

Of course most of them are going to the Championship so you have to wait for 12 or 24 mounts till you get all transfer money,but it`s still good prices.

Someone give me a player to buy for Queen of the South ? Obviously has to be cheap :P By cheap I mean free.

try the trinidad squad or some caribean teams etc, i signed a stonker of a left/right Am for around 20k from some unknown team i'll find it tonight when i get home see if i can post some fecking screenshots (tu)

or take a look at the link Demise posted some cracking players on there that are really young etc and wont cost much

I got £8Mil for boyd and I think it was £15M and £19M for Davis and Thomson :unsure:

Knocked back £7Mil I think it was for a player I got on a bosman aswell

15 and 19 <cr> My best transfer is Boyd - 12 mil to West Brom.Usually Wigan,WB,Bolton or Stoke are ready to pay for him.Stoke once offered 14 mil for him but he chooses to go West Brom for 12mil,the bassa.

I got £8Mil for boyd and I think it was £15M and £19M for Davis and Thomson :unsure:

15 and 19 <cr> My best transfer is Boyd - 12 mil to West Brom.Usually Wigan,WB,Bolton or Stoke are ready to pay for him.Stoke once offered 14 mil for him but he chooses to go West Brom for 12mil,the bassa.

Just fired it up just now

£15Million for Thomson > Newcastle

£17Million for Davis > Man City

£7.5Million for Boyd > West Brom

I took in £52M for sales of players total, after the first season

Im sure I have seen that number before. :21:

I just offer trials to players for a few weeks and I don't have to pay them any money. Got Besiktas in the draw to qualify for the group stages of UEFA Cup and I drew with first leg away in Turkey 1-1. Next match it was 0-0 and then up comes the 93rd minute..... :( they score so I started again because I feel like those matches have been decided what the score will be already :ph34r: ended up losing the second leg 2-1 and that's Queen of the South out of Europe. Lost to St. Johnstone in the Challenge Cup final as well :anguish: 3rd in the league though.

I just offer trials to players for a few weeks and I don't have to pay them any money. Got Besiktas in the draw to qualify for the group stages of UEFA Cup and I drew with first leg away in Turkey 1-1. Next match it was 0-0 and then up comes the 93rd minute..... :( they score so I started again because I feel like those matches have been decided what the score will be already :ph34r: ended up losing the second leg 2-1 and that's Queen of the South out of Europe. Lost to St. Johnstone in the Challenge Cup final as well :anguish: 3rd in the league though.

cheaty pants

£12 million for Ferguson > Liverpool at the end of the first season. January transfer window they offered him back for free!!!!

My Man City side went unbeaten in the league last year, winning 33 games and drawing 5.

Won by 17 points in the end :)

I also win the League Cup and the FA Cup, but lost in the CL Quarters to Inter even though I humped them over two legs.

Most importantly, I actually managed to run the club at a a profit of £5m for the season!

My Man City side went unbeaten in the league last year, winning 33 games and drawing 5.

Won by 17 points in the end :)

I also win the League Cup and the FA Cup, but lost in the CL Quarters to Inter even though I humped them over two legs.

Most importantly, I actually managed to run the club at a a profit of £5m for the season!

I find in FM the least important thing is running the club at a profit.

If the board throw money at you then so be it.

In FM08 I spent £63m on Joao Moutinho made up of a huge lump sum then paying another huge sum over 18 months. The club were skint fo 18 months paying back the transfer.

Ended up about £40m in debt and still kept the job.

I love FM! :D