***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to start playing my Rangers game in 2014 again..

20 million in the bank, the squad harmony is low because I didn't let a few players leave. Had sold Keirrison and Guilherme the season before for 70 million altogether. Still got Freddy Adu, put Ekici and Enyeama on loan as they were unhappy, and my reserve team is just full of potential youth stars.

My first team is full of stars in the game with high stats, many of them young so they'll improve even more..

GK Makaridze

LB Bianconi

CB Soumare (great center back but shall sign an even better one in the summer)

CB Hayrettin

RB Montuori

DM Arouca

LAM Watt (Scottish wonderkid I signed when he was 16!)

CAM Oscar

RAM Wilshire

ST Grasso

ST Cardozo

On the bench, I've got the 20 million signing Tulio De Melo who is 6'4 and six other players who are better than every SPL player.

It's amazing what your team can end up like once you sell your two best players. :D

Keirrison is at Inter Milan, and Guilherme is at Liverpool. Fleck is at Arsenal (sold for 20 mil), and I'm not sure where all of my other superstars ended up. Freddy Adu is still with me but has been dropped as he's unhappy that I didn't let him leave.

Just noticed I've got a solid center back who is 21 and goes by the name of Eduardo - he's my vice captain!

He's injured though, that's why Soumare is getting played.

izny that solid then eh, pussy :craphead:

Trying to win African Nations in FM makes me realise how hard it is to win in real life :lol: Drew my first game against Cameroon then beat Ivory Coast 1-0 in the last minute. Beat Senegal 2-0 in the final group stages match to finish top. :) Got Nigeria next round and beat them 3-2 in the last minute. Next was South Africa and they went down in extra time 1-0 :) The final was against Cameroon again and I won it 4-3 a.e.t.

Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Nigeria, South Africa, Cameroon.

went Hoffenhiam

2nd place in first season :pipe:

can i get some Screenshots of your signings and what tactic did u use i failed with them :(

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

is that the latest patch ?

can never get that money for the shite hoffenheim players :lol: (im still on the first)

went Hoffenhiam

can i get some Screenshots of your signings and what tactic did u use i failed with them :(

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

can never get that money for the shite hoffenheim players :lol: (im still on the first)

its is OC and I dont know how the fuck I got the money, :lol:

went Hoffenhiam

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

i see you got 7.5 for commper i got 2.5m (record fee recieved) :anguish:

chairman is a belter tho, every month he puts at least 2-3M into the account i got 60m to spend in the second season after finishing 11th in the first season. :lol:

went Hoffenhiam

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

i see you got 7.5 for commper i got 2.5m (record fee recieved) :anguish:

chairman is a belter tho, every month he puts at least 2-3M into the account i got 60m to spend in the second season after finishing 11th in the first season. :lol:

i don't get alot of cash to splash to be honest mate. 17 million budget

Became the east stirling manager in the second season.Bought plenty of players and won the league by two points in front of annan three points in front of stranraer.Enjoyed the season but i will need to find a really good tactic for next season and get a couple of prolific goal-scorers in.Really looking forward to this challenge as im aiming by the year 2015 to have won the SPL :D .

Was able to get Leeds to the EPL in 2 seasons, now have 20 million to spend. Any ideas for a left winger and CB?

Diego Buonanotte or Dimitri Payet have always been successful for me at left wing

Freddy Adu. If he's an Attacking Mid right, train hin for the left.

For center back, the American Onyewu is brilliant and also Subotic or something from Borussia Dortmund

A started off with Partick got to just after christmas with them in 3rd 3 points behind 1st placed dunfermlin after a beat them 6-0 then Hamburg Offered me the job of replacin Martin Jol so a took it all ma players have fallan out am sittin 11th not played a game yet

Is there anyway of boosting everyones moral tried to get ma captian to call a meeting to sort it out but he came out worse so stripped him of captiance and alot of ma players have signed pre contracts so al have a shite team come the start of the season lol

im in 2016 so if anyone needs a screenshot of anyone then let me know and i will get one for ya (tu)

inuwa (not sure on the spelling, nigerian left back)

Luis gustavo

san roman

Robert Lewandowski( striker starts at lech poznan, not the shakhtar player )

i'll get some more after i have a look at my team cant remember the names of some of the younger players i bought in the first season at hoffenheim (tu) cheers

A started off with Partick got to just after christmas with them in 3rd 3 points behind 1st placed dunfermlin after a beat them 6-0 then Hamburg Offered me the job of replacin Martin Jol so a took it all ma players have fallan out am sittin 11th not played a game yet

Is there anyway of boosting everyones moral tried to get ma captian to call a meeting to sort it out but he came out worse so stripped him of captiance and alot of ma players have signed pre contracts so al have a shite team come the start of the season lol

In your team talks before the game, give them the positive ones like "You can win today" "Wish luck" and after the match, even if you get beat say you were pleased with them etc should get the moral up, then once it's up go about your normal team talks.