***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started new season with Rangers any good cheap players?

depends on how cheap you want mate

have a look at young loan listed players from the top english teams

play your cards right and you could have a cheap purchase price once you have had them for a season

i paid 500k i think for kelvin etuhu for a season loan, with the option to buy him for 2.1 put in the deal, was a steal if you ask me as he won fans player of the year in his loan season

also try and get james mcarthur from hamilton before someone else dows, his stats and therefore his price rockets once he's had 3 seasons at a good team

Kermit Erasmus Bkay - his finishing is 19 with me at the moment he is only 23 years old. Young spanish striker called Bueno aswell. and Fernando Arce Mexican winger.

Anyone ever went Valencia?? All I ever get is bloody injuries!!! Despite this managed to get 3rd in my first season and am 4th midway through 2nd season, just need Villa and Silva and Milevskyi to stay fit!!!

Any tips on how to get the best out of Veloso, blows hot and cold for me. When hes good hes amazing but then he has a fair few games where he averages less than a 6. Not that it matters this season he has a broken leg!!!!

started new season with Rangers any good cheap players?

RB Michael Morton (orlando pirates) good squad player cost me £18k

CB Hugo (desportivo brasil)good squad player 5k sold for £4.75m

CF Olexander Gladky (shaktar donetsk) got him for about £1.1m and sold him for £11.75m 55 games 35 goals

Started game with Rangers few months ago and some Austrian Businessman bought out Murray :D and gave me £40million to spend :D

current staff

2vl3yhi.jpg

into 5th season going for 5 in a row

currently on 70 match unbeaten in spl want to get to 100

team & tactics

rrquzk.jpg

the big one :D :D :D won it in my 3rd season

2vay5xv.jpg

honors so far

spl-4

league cup-2

scottish cup-4

champions league-1

super cup-1

world club cup-1

Just won the league for the 5th time in a row there..

Shall check out how many Scottish cups/league cups I've got. ;)

I got to the final of the UEFA cup I think too but lost.

im in 3rd season now after some business man bought out murray, kirkpatrik or something like that

won 2 consec trebles and last season i got to semi's of champs league, liverpool put me out

this season i topped my group stage, and so far in scotland i have only lost 5 goals in the league and its late january now

anyone wants a cracking defender by stefan radu, bought him for 13 mill and immediately put his price up to 50 mill

2 teams are apparently interested although ive issued a hands off warning, is there anyway to put the price up further

Champions League quarter finals against Real with my valencia team. 1-1 after first leg at the mestalla. 1-1 in 2nd leg, 4 minutes of injury time shown and its a valencia corner, the ball is cleared. Its put straight back into the box. VIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! But no its been disallowed, GUTTED!!! 97th minute (still injury time) Sergio Ramos scores a 30 yard screamer (the Oooooomph pure inspiration type) Am well gutted, I hate and love this game at the same time!!!!!

I had FM issues AGAIN and so i had to reinstall the game.And,ofc,i just started new season with Rangers.

Martin Bain bought the club from Murray and said he`s not going to invest any money in it.But thanks to that 24 mounts option,i managed to get a few good players.

2ahw7xf.jpg

Mata,Deggen,Gudjohnsen,Aurelio,Pogrebnyak - i set 24 mounts option to pay the full money and the clubs accepted.I only paid immediately 10 mil for Vermaelen and 4.5 for Mattock.

Mattock is great player,in my 2nd season Man City offered 20 mil for him and i rejected.He has the potential to far exceed Vermaelen and Aurelio so...

That Lee Robinson guy was bought in Man City doh.Now i`m in my 2nd season and he`s transfer listed :lol:

Managed to get treble in my first season btw.Pogrebnyak has scored 35 goals in 50 games.Good boy.

I`m currently playing my 2nd season.I rejected 12 mil offer for Thomson from Man City and then they have made 7 mil offer and i rejected again,but that bastard chairman Bain decided to sell him doh

I bought Derbyshire,as Jama recommended :) Great player,in 4 games against Celtic this season he scored 7 goals :lol:

22bwb4.jpg

I`m currently playing my 2nd season.I rejected 12 mil offer for Thomson from Man City and then they have made 7 mil offer and i rejected again,but that bastard chairman Bain decided to sell him doh

I bought Derbyshire,as Jama recommended :) Great player,in 4 games against Celtic this season he scored 7 goals :lol:

22bwb4.jpg

Chris Smith :ph34r:

Anyone give me a good central defender for Rangers? I'm in 2012 and got £20 million to spend. Was going for Jagielka but £14million seems a bit much.

Italian guy Criscito, What a fucking defender!!!1

Anyone give me a good central defender for Rangers? I'm in 2012 and got £20 million to spend. Was going for Jagielka but £14million seems a bit much.

Look for a guy called miloslav hanke i think his name is i think you should find himhe is a right back but i trined him into a central defender if it aint in 2012 then its 2014 check but man at right back :| 14 goals and im in december but i play him at right back

I had FM issues AGAIN and so i had to reinstall the game.And,ofc,i just started new season with Rangers.

Martin Bain bought the club from Murray and said he`s not going to invest any money in it.But thanks to that 24 mounts option,i managed to get a few good players.

2ahw7xf.jpg

Mata,Deggen,Gudjohnsen,Aurelio,Pogrebnyak - i set 24 mounts option to pay the full money and the clubs accepted.I only paid immediately 10 mil for Vermaelen and 4.5 for Mattock.

Mattock is great player,in my 2nd season Man City offered 20 mil for him and i rejected.He has the potential to far exceed Vermaelen and Aurelio so...

That Lee Robinson guy was bought in Man City doh .Now i`m in my 2nd season and he`s transfer listed :lol:

Managed to get treble in my first season btw.Pogrebnyak has scored 35 goals in 50 games.Good boy.

:lol:

I thought this '24 mounts' was some dodgy cheat. It would appear it's latin for '24 months'.