PES 09 Legend Mode

JR

Been playing this mode all day today - absolute mint.

Takes a little time to get used to only controlling one player in a team but imo makes it absolutely addictive. I originally built a profile as a Striker but found that a little too easy - banging them in for fun, so deleted that and started again as an Attacking Mid.

Much better.

You start off with little in the way of skills and being a midfielder its tough at first to shine but once you get into it and start making sub appearances in the first team then making the starting xi things just get better.

I've just knocked back the first offers and decided to cement my place in the Willem II starting line -up. Really enjoying this :)

Anyone else doing this?

im doing this too!

currently playing for FC Twente, made myself a wing forward, so usually play on the RW

i know what you mean when you say it takes a wee while to get used to, but when you do its amazing! you really focus on the space and draging defenders about!

im liking pro evo more than fifa at the mo!

Been playing this mode all day today - absolute mint.

Takes a little time to get used to only controlling one player in a team but imo makes it absolutely addictive. I originally built a profile as a Striker but found that a little too easy - banging them in for fun, so deleted that and started again as an Attacking Mid.

Much better.

You start off with little in the way of skills and being a midfielder its tough at first to shine but once you get into it and start making sub appearances in the first team then making the starting xi things just get better.

I've just knocked back the first offers and decided to cement my place in the Willem II starting line -up. Really enjoying this :)

Anyone else doing this?

I hadn't even looked at it. I may have a go at this mode at some point :)

It gets a little frustrating sometimes though because most of your AI teammates are shit!!

They cant cross, they shoot when they should square it to you when your calling for it and they cant tackle without giving a foul away.

The most annoying thing is getting subbed when you are winning and 8 times out of 10 the opposition go straight up the pitch and score.

Grrrrrrrrrr :angry2:

Just started this last night.

Playing for Tolouse as a second striker. Scored two in my first game but have had a bad couple of games since. What I didn't realise is the strengthening bit. I thought you gained points which you could attribute after matches to upgrade your player but it turns out you have to allocate the different aspects before the game to work on. doh

I am enjoying it so far though.

ps. can you use your player in an online 10 vs. 10 mode like fifa? (you can tell I just whacked the game on without reading about it, can't you. :D)

Is it automatic when you get a red card you get bumped back down to B team?

I'd had about 4 or 5 yellows then got a red. Had to work way back up again.

Pain in the teets

Don't think so.

I got a red card and got promoted to the bibbed team <cr>

Is it automatic when you get a red card you get bumped back down to B team?

I'd had about 4 or 5 yellows then got a red. Had to work way back up again.

Pain in the teets

Don't think so.

I got a red card and got promoted to the bibbed team <cr>

I must just have been playin shit to boot doh

It gets a little frustrating sometimes though because most of your AI teammates are shit!!

They cant cross, they shoot when they should square it to you when your calling for it and they cant tackle without giving a foul away.

The most annoying thing is getting subbed when you are winning and 8 times out of 10 the opposition go straight up the pitch and score.

Grrrrrrrrrr :angry2:

Agreed. It's completely ridiculous! I just made a post on PESFan about this:

The AI is ridiculously bad. They've barely touched it at all.

Be A Legend is 100x more frustrating than FIFA's BAP because of it.

It's embarrassing to watch your teammates play, with their horrific passing choices and dribbling decisions, running straight into the opposition and not passing when you're in a great position, even when you're calling. It's annoying when they randomly refuse to cross the ball too.

Since they've changed the gameplay a little and controlling the ball is clunkier, you can't run past players so easily, so you have to RELY on these idiots...

I used to do BALegend mode on PES6 (PS2/PC version) with the "fixed cursor" and the AI is exactly as bad and does the same things.

PES is falling way behind.