Rory Loy

Poetry_In_Blue

Just out of interest, if you were Walter, who would you drop at present to give Loy his chance?

There is a queue of strikers itching to get into the first team already, is he really better than Lafferty, Boyd, Miller, Novo, Velicka etc...

I think he's a better striker than Novo, and i think he's a far better striker than Velicka.

I hope he gets a run out against Hamilton in the CIS Cup. Loy is 21 now and he wont learn much more in the reserves.

Love to see some of the kids play for Rangers

Rory Loy is 21, he's not a kid ;).

I agree though but it'll never happen.

How much better is Lafferty than Loy? Surely we should have given him a chance before spending around 3million on Lafferty?

Both seem like similar players, albeit Loy's a bit more direct.

McCoist said himself that the boy has come on leaps and bounds in the last six to seven weeks. Lafferty was bought before that. Also, just because he has come on well doesn't mean that he is at the same standard as others. Lafferty is a full international.

Loy has been scoring for fun in our reserves for about 2 seasons now. I think Lafferty was given his debut when he was 18 aswell so he's had a much better chance to develop than Loy. I just think we need to put more faith in our own youngsters rather than spending millions on other teams'.

Its one of the biggest problems for us.

Our demand for success makes it very hard for any manager to take a chance on untried players. If it backfires the supporters would be on his back, and the players, very quickly indeed.

I'd love to see a lot more youth coming through but can we afford to lose/ draw any games to allow this to happen?

If we can't fit in a youth player or two without losing to the likes of Hamilton then we have a major problem.

The CIS would be a perfect opportunity to play a few but even though they get overlooked.

How much better is Lafferty than Loy? Surely we should have given him a chance before spending around 3million on Lafferty?

I firmly believe that Walter bought lafferty to play on the wing.

McCoist said himself that the boy has come on leaps and bounds in the last six to seven weeks. Lafferty was bought before that. Also, just because he has come on well doesn't mean that he is at the same standard as others. Lafferty is a full international.

Loy has been scoring for fun in our reserves for about 2 seasons now. I think Lafferty was given his debut when he was 18 aswell so he's had a much better chance to develop than Loy. I just think we need to put more faith in our own youngsters rather than spending millions on other teams'.

Our demand for success makes it very hard for any manager to take a chance on untried players. If it backfires the supporters would be on his back, and the players, very quickly indeed.

I'd love to see a lot more youth coming through but can we afford to lose/ draw any games to allow this to happen?

Surely playing a promising youngster rather than Charlie Adam, McCulloch etc would bring us more success? I'm not saying flood the team with them obviously. The odd sub appearance here or there mixed with the odd start for players like McMillan, Shinnie, Furman, Fleck, Loy or FFS even Aaron who hasn't had a sniff of first team action yet!

Youngsters give the fans a lift, the team a lift and surely that's important in getting results

We should do a Arsenal, and play all youth in the cup :)

yeah and what happens when we get beat

we should play at least 3-4 youth in the cup mixed with some of the first team. The idea of throwing a full youth team into the cup is not something we should do

is loy not round about the same age as him??

so why does WS play him??

Lafferty is only 6 months older than Loy but Smith would rather let another team develop a player and buy him for £3m than do it himself.

says something about WS if he doesnt trust our youth system!!

I firmly believe that Walter bought lafferty to play on the wing.

Wouldn't suprise me - Lafferty is a striker and that is where he should be played!

Aint gonna come through.

In Scottish terms, hes just a kid at 21.

Debut will come around 23 if we still have him.

On a serious note, its fucking ridiculous the players rotting in our reserves. Fitting one or 2 in every now and then isnt gonna lose us the league fuck sake.

Don't know if its possible but we need a feeder club like Madrid and Barca. Their B teams play in the lower spanish leagues and Im sure some of there big stars would have come through them. Saying that they don't use reserves thats why we got Aaron on loan as they also don't retain as many youth players within their squads.

Maybe even loaning out a half dozen or a dozen of those guys for 3-6 months to lesser clubs would allow us to gain more from there exposure to first team regular football.

I hope it works for Lennon and Furman as both players look like quality.

As for Fleck why isn't he played before Adam and McCulloch, doesn't he also play left midfield? Get him back fit and back into the first team squad as soon as possible. If Rooney, Aaron Lennon and Theo Walcott can make a big impact for the teams that brought them on, then surely that can work for Rangers.

Rooney Everton to Man Utd. £25 million approx. Lennon Leeds to Spurs £6 million approx and Walcott Southampton to Arsenal £5 million approx. In the current climate thats good business.

Wakey wakey Walter, Murray and Bain if it can work for small clubs like Everton, Leeds and Southampton then surely it can work for us.

Rory Loy will be sold to Motherwell for 200,000 pound in January. Only a guess, but how many could argue against that actually happening?

If we can't fit in a youth player or two without losing to the likes of Hamilton then we have a major problem.

The CIS would be a perfect opportunity to play a few but even though they get overlooked.

Look at what happened in the last cup game and think about it, we had a very experienced squad out against Partick and it tok Extra Time to progress.

If we had sent the youths out we would be screamin if we got put out, managers cannot win, its that simple.

Ross McCormack was given a free transfer to Motherwell 2 years ago (despite the Porto goal at 18/19). He is the same age as Laugherty who moved for 3.5 million! McCormarck plays in the same role as Kyle (left sided attacker) and has scored more goals than Lafferty in a 6th of the number games in the championship!

McCormack also appears to have a better first touch, technique, pace & finishing prowess! The only thing I think Kyle has over Ross is height in my opinion!

I think it is a disgrace (although under different management) that McCormack was freed, and a far inferior player of the same age was bought for 3.5 mill! That is mismanagement in the highest extreme! I'm not sure why this is not picked up on more regularly!

The day McCormack was booted our was a big mistake by PLG, in my opinion one of his worst errors!