Left Back/ Wing Back

jjcale27

As much as I like Papac, I feel it's time we had a new left back. He doesn't give us enough attacking wise & I feel that it effects our left sided midfielder/wingers when going forward. Forget McCullogh, Papac could be an ideal replacement for Weir as centre-half. I hope Stevie Smith can return to the form of before otherwise we should make left-back number 1 priority in January

Great idea, lets bin our steadiest most improved player, any more nuggets?

yeah, we should sign Nigel Quasie, he'd be a great addition to the squad....smart arse <cr>

He has just signed for Birmingham, thank feck you dont negotiate the transfers.

well i'd rather have papac at centre back than lee mcculloch!!!! We could do with more from sasa in an attacking sense although he has been doing more recently and made some good runs today, its the player in front of him we need to sort out.

well i'd rather have papac at centre back than lee mcculloch!!!! We could do with more from sasa in an attacking sense although he has been doing more recently and made some good runs today, its the player in front of him we need to sort out.

Aye lets hope Wattie ditches that idea to play Lee at centre back,Papac is solid enough but for Europe yea id llke a change,not going to happen though

moving a steady reliable central defender, come left back, back to centreback is hardly binning him

On the odd occaision i have seen Papac at centre back he does not inspire, he has come on leaps and bounds at left back, and i'm loving his more adventurous attitude, know whats best of all? he is not injury prone, a huge bonus.

Ideally a good RB, CB and LB would be brought in, especially with the midfielders we have.

I wouldn't have Papac anywhere near the CB position - LB or on the bench should we eventually get a better one in(which I don't see)or Stevie Smith makes a comeback?

The kid easton from hamilton looks a good prospect.

Not saying he will be a first team player right away, worth a gamble imo

Rather see one of our youngsters get a chance than sign a mediocre SPL player!

yeah, we should sign Nigel Quasie, he'd be a great addition to the squad....smart arse <cr>

He has just signed for Birmingham, thank feck you dont negotiate the transfers.

fucking helll, irony ain't lost on you

Funnily enough, I'd replace both our wingbacks. Maybe not as first priority, but I feel we'd be a much more balanced side with two natural wingbacks.

Papac and Broadfoot are sufficient just now, but I really do see them getting torn apart in the CL. I'd also go as far to suggest that Sasa has been 'off-form' so far this year.

Still, as I said, they'll do. There are other areas of the team that need sorted first, but if the chance arose to sign two natural fullbacks I'd take it.

Funnily enough, I'd replace both our wingbacks. Maybe not as first priority, but I feel we'd be a much more balanced side with two natural wingbacks.

Papac and Broadfoot are sufficient just now, but I really do see them getting torn apart in the CL. I'd also go as far to suggest that Sasa has been 'off-form' so far this year.

Still, as I said, they'll do. There are other areas of the team that need sorted first, but if the chance arose to sign two natural fullbacks I'd take it.

I'd agree with most of that, including Papac being a bit off form at the moment, but he has shown in the CL that he does not get 'torn apart'.

I rate Papac very highly as a defender and having one full back who can defend is vital, especially when you think of the number of goal line clearances he has made. I do not like the idea of 2 full backs being caught up the pitch, leaving the central defenders exposed as we saw so often in PLG's time.