Tottenham Sack Ramos, Appoint Redknapp

52nCountin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i were a Spurs fan, i'd be quite saddened by this news. Like the PLG era at Rangers, i got the impression that despite all of Ramos' failings, Spurs were actually going somewhere. The one good thing to come out of this is the fact that Damien Comolli is now jobless.

The people who say that Ramos achieved what he did at Sevilla purely because of the DoF system in place at the club are talking nonsense. Sure, Ramon Monchi did discover the likes of Dani Alves, Luis Fabiano and Julio Baptista and basically built the team, but it's unfair to diminish Ramos' role in the revitalisation of Sevilla. He gave them that little bit extra in a tactical sense, and was superb when it came to man-management. Ramos is a good manager in his own right and has overachieved at every club he's managed, his disastrous spell at Espanyol apart.

I'll always respect him as a person as well as a manager due to the way he handled the death of the tragic Antonio Puerta, and i hope he gets himself back to La Liga as soon as possible.

As for Redknapp, it's a good, safe appointment, but i really doubt he's the man who will get them into the top 4.

Credit to Redknapp, im just finished watching Spurs vs Bolton and Spurs looked really good.

Modric was simply outstanding. He was absolutely everywhere and his "flick volley" that led up to the penalty was breathtaking. Hell, even Pavlyuchenko looked good!

Credit to Redknapp, im just finished watching Spurs vs Bolton and Spurs looked really good.

Modric was simply outstanding. He was absolutely everywhere and his "flick volley" that led up to the penalty was breathtaking. Hell, even Pavlyuchenko looked good!

It's amazing how quickly things can change when a new manager comes in.

Things are looking up for them now but they still have a long way to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Defoe back to Spurs as hes only on loan. Anyone think think with Gomes in very dodgy form, he might go for David James in January?

They only signed him on loan as there wasn't enough time to complete the deal before the window shut.

It was made a permanent move in March I think.

Diarra has been linked with Tottenham since last March, so he might make the move.

As a short term option, I don't think Boupa Diop would be out the question. Redknapp likes him and he would add some much needed steel to that midfield area.

He might be tempted to pair Modric up with Kranjčar aswell.

Outwith those three, I doubt there will be many, as Tottenham have a superior squad to Porstmouth.

Things are looking up for them now but they still have a long way to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Defoe back to Spurs as hes only on loan. Anyone think think with Gomes in very dodgy form, he might go for David James in January?

They only signed him on loan as there wasn't enough time to complete the deal before the window shut.

It was made a permanent move in March I think.

Diarra has been linked with Tottenham since last March, so he might make the move.

As a short term option, I don't think Boupa Diop would be out the question. Redknapp likes him and he would add some much needed steel to that midfield area.

He might be tempted to pair Modric up with Kranjčar aswell.

Outwith those three, I doubt there will be many, as Tottenham have a superior squad to Porstmouth.

Diarra to Spurs is a foregone conclusion, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Redknapp actually told Levy that he needs him during the contract negotiations.

The Portsmouth fans would probably pay Bouba Diop to leave, they can't stand him, but for some odd reason Redknapp rates him. I personally think he's woeful, he's like Seyi Olofinjana with a decent right foot.

The Portsmouth fans would probably pay Bouba Diop to leave, they can't stand him, but for some odd reason Redknapp rates him. I personally think he's woeful, he's like Seyi Olofinjana with a decent right foot.

I think the fact that Willie McKay is his agent probably has something to do with why Redknapp likes him.

Diarra is exactly what Spurs need... I wonder though, will he take defoe back to spurs :rolleyes:

Diarra is a great wee player, id play him instead of Modric anyway . somehow i dont think hel take defoe back though, im sure hel still want Pompey to do well and Defoe is playing well at the moment .

Diarra to Spurs is a foregone conclusion, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Redknapp actually told Levy that he needs him during the contract negotiations.

I agree as Harry hinted today that they maybe need some steel in the midfield. Wonder if Zakora could do that though or Jenas?

Never has beating Bolton at home felt so good :D

I still maintain Gomes in one of the best keepers about. He's actually playing with a broken rib or 2 right now and is heavily strapped up.

It's all about 'arry ^_^

Very interesting point from Phil Mcnulty's blog, and it sounds familiar

Ramos's English was improving but he was an almost peripheral touchline figure, struggling to get his message across. His players were trying but when they looked for guidance and inspiration, none came.

Ramos's English was improving but he was an almost peripheral touchline figure, struggling to get his message across. His players were trying but when they looked for guidance and inspiration, none came.

They missed Ledley King for that.

Lots of managers sit and do little until HT, they needed a leader on the park.

Ledley King is a weird one.

I really don't see the value in a guy that can't play two consecutive games more than three times a season.

Ledley King is a weird one.

I really don't see the value in a guy that can't play two consecutive games more than three times a season.

I've read that King's knee has no cartlidge and that the bone is basically rubbing on bone!

Only seen the highlights of the game today, but Mordic looked to be involved a lot more. Did 'Arry give him more freedom than Ramos?

He simply pushed him further up the park.

Ramos playing Modric at defensive mid was baffling to be honest.

Only seen the highlights of the game today, but Mordic looked to be involved a lot more. Did 'Arry give him more freedom than Ramos?

Yes, all these expensive signings who looked tragic under Ramos looked completely different yesterday.

Modric finally playing like his price tag would dictate, Hutton being his attacking natural self, and even Pav looking good.

Spurs don't deserve their current plight and it's clear Ramos was a woeful manager for them.

Funny also how their DOF in particular got so many harsh criticisms on here yet he's still there and a new manager alone makes the difference.

Told you guys it was down to Ramos.

Yes, all these expensive signings who looked tragic under Ramos looked completely different yesterday.

Modric finally playing like his price tag would dictate, Hutton being his attacking natural self, and even Pav looking good.

Spurs don't deserve their current plight and it's clear Ramos was a woeful manager for them.

Funny also how their DOF in particular got so many harsh criticisms on here yet he's still there and a new manager alone makes the difference.

Told you guys it was down to Ramos.

Comolli was sacked along with Ramos and his coaching staff.

As somebody who is pretty much an outsider looking in, I think Comolli is actually getting a lot of unfair stick.

He handled the whole Berbatove situation horribly. That should have been done and dusted in July IMO.

However he has managed to bring in some very decent youngsters: Danny Rose, Chris Gunter, Garteh Bale, John Bostock, Oscar Jansson, dos Santoos, Dean Parrett and Paul-Jose Mpoku.

And despite the massive wages that these players were obviously offered, he surely deserves credit for managing to attract Champions League class players like Hutton, Gomes, Modric, Bentley, Woodgate, Modric & Pavlyuchkenko to White Hart Lane in the first place?

As I said he's getting a lot of stick now, but when these players gel are people going to ackowledge the role he played in making sure these guys actually ended up Spurs players at all? Or is it all going to be down to Redknapp?