Motherwell Fans Singing "Why Don't you Go Home" to McCarthy

Ace

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reported on Clyde that the 'Well fans were abusing Jamie McCarthy during the match.

What will be the reaction of the press ???

whats up with that we sing that if the famine bit is not in it good on the well fans

Keevins was interviewing Mark McGhee & asked him about the singing/chants...

McGhee replied ... "My God, i though you were talking about the colour of his skin" describing Hugh's build up to the question as if it was blatant racism.

McGhee stated that if a player decides to play for another country then he must expect some abuse & he certainly didn't think it was "Racist".

Keevin's sounded shocked but didn't berate him as he would've done if it was a caller on the phone-in making the same point.

Hope this stance is taken by more then McGhee, certainly he has went up in my estimation of him.

McGhee replied ... "My God, i though you were talking about the colour of his skin" describing Hugh's build up to the question as if it was blatant racism.

McGhee stated that if a player decides to play for another country then he must expect some abuse & he certainly didn't think it was "Racist".

Keevin's sounded shocked but didn't berate him as he would've done if it was a caller on the phone-in making the same point.

Hope this stance is taken by more then McGhee, certainly he has went up in my estimation of him.

I hate him but credit where its due to him he dealt with that admirably

It really is a PC world gone mad.

When booing a player is considered racist then we need to have a long look at ourselves.

The media is trying to look whiter than white in this, any kind of accusation that they are condoning it would casue them problems.

This is like the Ross/Brand "phone call" which took on a life of it's own, 2 complaints when it was broadcast 25,000 by the end of it.

One complaint over a song ... now we have phone-ins dedicated to it

Exactly, it really is getting to the stage now where it will only by smashy and nicey at football matches