Is anyone else sick of this Up and Down B#!$&!^

Canadaready

First of all, we have no devine right to win any game in the SPL. Dundee Utd played well and were well worth their point.

Where Walter falls down at Rangers is when he fails to change the tactics and personal accordingly for each team. Just because that team beat Inverness 5-0 on Saturday, it does not mean that they will hammer Dundee Utd as well. We have a squad of 30 players, use them.

Everytime we played 4-4-2 last season against Dundee Utd, they exploited our weaknesses. Did Walter learn? Did he f**k.

During the game, Walter fails to change things quickly enough. He is stubborn and thinks "Why should I change?! This will eventually work" time ticks by and the game slips away. There was no width on the bench and no out and out striker. Everyone in the World knew Barry Ferguson was going to be the first substitute REGARDLESS of the circumstances. A substitute is their to help change the game, change the tactics, change the approach or freshen things up. We waited until the 82 minute and brought on ANOTHER central midfielder. Why? Because it was Barry Ferguson.

First of all, we have no devine right to win any game in the SPL. Dundee Utd played well and were well worth their point.

Where Walter falls down at Rangers is when he fails to change the tactics and personal accordingly for each team. Just because that team beat Inverness 5-0 on Saturday, it does not mean that they will hammer Dundee Utd as well. We have a squad of 30 players, use them.

Everytime we played 4-4-2 last season against Dundee Utd, they exploited our weaknesses. Did Walter learn? Did he f**k.

During the game, Walter fails to change things quickly enough. He is stubborn and thinks "Why should I change?! This will eventually work" time ticks by and the game slips away. There was no width on the bench and no out and out striker. Everyone in the World knew Barry Ferguson was going to be the first substitute REGARDLESS of the circumstances. A substitute is their to help change the game, change the tactics, change the approach or freshen things up. We waited until the 82 minute and brought on ANOTHER central midfielder. Why? Because it was Barry Ferguson.

No often i agree wi ye but i do with this.

Ferguson should have stayed on the bench........UTD played well but we should win our home games and a 4-3-3 would have done it last night by using width and pace against a good but 1 dimensional UTD defence

i dont want to start ranting here but all week from the cally game i was starting to feel good about us i cant tell you how much it fcuking hurts me when we have got a game that needs to be won and always we start bad by losing a goal and when we get ourselfs back in it we cut our throats again happens time and time again

am so angry we had a chance for going top and we blew it by silly daft goals i cant see the scum letting us in for a sniff of top place anytime soon they cunts just keep getting wins and that makes me so fcuking raging

and to top it all off going into work last night knowing your not going to hear the end of it they cunts shouting league leaders and shit really makes me want to kick the hell out of somthing i hate working in a celtic daft town and work

it took me till four or five this morn to stop thinking about last night and when i goto sleep it will be in my mind this morn i hate losing or dropping points i go into a mood for days and my partner says i take it to serious please tell me am not the only one

Its simple Jim we battered the scum and a high for 2 weeks carried us forward we have to do well on the domestic front this year for the obvious reason and that means one thing out performing septic which we at this time are not achieving.

worth noting Sporting Lisbon who we beat in our Uefa cup run are through to the knock out stages of the Champions league , Begs the question are our improvements the cracks papered over as some indicated or have we the depth about us now to push on and up

I am coming to the end of my rope AGAIN with this non-ability to keep form.

One game playing well followed by another where we make amateur mistakes.

What is it going to take to make things better?

Thoughts?

I assume you saw the game CR to make such a sweeping judgement - I thought the team played extremely well BUT the defence had a shocker on the night. Their first 2 goals were the only two times they ran up the park (despite what the papers try to say about United having a go). We could have buried them for 6 but, as it is football, a game where even bottom of the table spurs can draw 4 -4 with second top Arsenal in the EPL) some nights you just have games like this - the team will learn from it and over the last few games we have being playing some excellent football, attcking, with flair but it just didnt pay off tonight cause the defence had an off night - perhaps we should revert to a 451 (sic!!)

Dont panic !!

If we can concentrate on strengthening the back four in January like we did with the midfiled we'd have a solid team. Last night we played some great football at times and were unlucky not to score more goals. Unfortunately there'll be more games like that this season which is frustrating cause like everyone I wanted to see Rangers back on the top where they belong last night. If we play some of that creative attacking football against Celtic come 27th December at Ibrox I'm sure we'll once again humiliate them. WATP

I am coming to the end of my rope AGAIN with this non-ability to keep form.

One game playing well followed by another where we make amateur mistakes.

What is it going to take to make things better?

Thoughts?

very fed up with it lose to St Mirrin only just got a draw last night and in between hammer Inverness

we have no euro excuses and it should be noted Celtic have been winning their games after Euro matches and appear more consistent. We had better get our act together :angry2: :angry2:

Agreed 100%. To the first part, as Scotland boss Walter was exactly the same. My last game in Scotland before I moved here was Scotland v Belorus. Although we looked flat and struggled with a 4-5-1 set up, he stood there dithering for about 35 - 50 minutes before changing the set up. If our striker had not picked up a knock, I'm not sure he would ever have made his mind up. You could see Walter, TB and Ally chatting and chatting over what to do, but no decision. Against a stronger side, that could have been fatal.

To the second point, I have not seen Barry Ferguson as a game-changing player for years. He has one playing style and only one, at least pre-op. The idea that his slow, steady approach which lacks quick moves and open passing would carve space for our forwards is bizarre. And given he has been out for months and can scarcely be fully fit, it was unfair on Barry too.

I'm looking forward to see how Barry can complement Mendes and show his real ability.

consistancy is what wins titles. Any team in the spl can beat the other team in a one off game. Ie st mirren beating us, we have beaten celtic yet are behind them in the league. We need to keep winning, theres no point beating celtic if we are going to drop the points again a few weeks later. We need to sort ourselves out.

agreed mate! Its been the same fur the last 3 fucking years!!

defence and goalkeeping have been piss poor all season

madjid papic and alexander get pass marks but the rest are not up to the task

wier to old and slow

broadfoot improved a lot going forward but defensively still poor

mcgregor nearly gives away a goal a game now he is more exposed

only hope is we patch it up in january and drop players not in form

its an unwelcome rollercoaster walter has brought to the club.

rather be on a rollercoaster than the freefall under le guen

how much longer are we going to hear about us under le guen, walter should have won the league last season but as usual his shity tactics helped us throw it away.

i love walter for what he has done for us since he came back. restored some pride won 2 trophies took us to a european final but i think we need a young exciting manager. some1 who is not afraid to change things early when things arent going so well. i am willing to give him till the end of the season because i still think we can win the league, after all we're only 2 points behind but if we lose the league we need a right good manager to take over.

Yeah, I agree to a degree, but PLG proved that it doesn't always work!

Smith could do himself a favour & change things even just a little earlier than he does. Case in point was against Zenit! Giving Boyd 5 mins at 2-0 was shocking.

Le Guen was up against from the start in my opinion. Rangers are not run or coached like a modern European football club at the moment, and IMO this has to change. Coaching wise, I get the impression it's still 1987 at Murray park. Le Guen tried to change this, but never had the stature, understanding or backing to see it through. He was a manager used to working with top class professional players, who were coached properly from a young age and most of all - were not of Scottish mentality. Quite simply, he seemed too timid to knock some of our so called athletes into shape, and the whole thing was a disaster. I still believe Le Guen might of worked if we already had the structure and athletes in place and he was given appropriate backing.

We need somebody with a bit of steel and grit there, that won't take shit from the players. Whilst having a modern approach to the game and being tactically astute.

Moyes would be a perfect manager for Rangers, however I doubt it could ever happen.

BUt surely PLG had sufficient powers to change this himself. He was manager after all & SDM wouldn't have stood in his way.

I don't beleive there was anything wrong in the style we played under him. It's just that, Clement & Papac apart, his signings were shite! He had a whole year traveling around France watching games for TV and the nest he could come up with were Svensson, Sebo & Sionko!

He did have a massive task, but I just don't reckon he was cut out for managing abroad!

when it came to le guen we were looking the best we had done in europe since wee dick has us humping the likes of psv and parma at ibrox

le guen had a style that would have eventually won over in scottish football (would have taken a few years) but i honestly believe that we could have went on to uefa semi's that year if not better. there was not one european game under le guen that we looked like losing, even against auxerre when we went behind twice it was more of a "when we score" rather than "if we score"

walter fluked the run to manchester last year without a doubt (enjoyed it so im no complaining :bouncy: ) but his old euro style has been shown up twice since his return.

we went to osasuna NEEDING to score yet he went with sebo up front

fact is le guen tried to change rangers whole style from top to bottom and was resisted by the old guard who thought they knew better