Present Situation

nvager

UTTER FRUSTRATION

We know that we have sold Ricksen, Clement, Buffel (most likely) - three midfielders and all not too bad.

We let J Rod go.

PLG did not spend all his money. SDM said more was available.

We MUST have money.

We have had THREE rubbish bids turned down by Falkirk.

We NEED cover for the above players in m/field, plus a winger and a striker.

We hear nothing, but why release players if we do not have replacements?

IF we penny pinch and get no-one, we will have one SMALL POOR squad to get 2nd place. If we dont get 2nd what have we saved? NOTHING, but lost millions!

We dont need to throw money away, but lets be reasonable and get things done.

Sheer frustration.

Q Am I the only one feeling this way?

:(

NVA, I'm with you all the way buddy. We are embarrassing ourselves with these low bids - if the guys aren't worth much, then we shouldn't be buying them.

The lack of vision at the board level in our club is very troubling to me. At this point, our only chance of rescuing something from the season is to try to have a bit of a run in the UEFA and to take control of our results in the SPL so that we are not just scraping second but making it our own. That will help show we are on track for really challenging next year.

Sadly, none of these things seem to be happening and we don't seem to be organising ourselves much better for next season and years to come. Walter and Ally need support.

I have to agree NVA, the most gauling bit is we seem to be at thesame old game of quibbling over 100K for players, FFS it isnae 2 or 3 million we are arguing over.

I blame BAIN. I think he tries it on too much with initial bids, etc.

Why don't you just wait till the end of the transfer window and see what we have in place. doh

We can wait and see what tomorrow brings but what do you feel is the BEST CASE SCENARIO?

Hartley, Gow, McCulloch, Brown and Thompson all sign on deadline day... thats best case?

I don't think anyone believes that Brown and Thomson are going to sign.. do you?

That leaves McCulloch, Gow and Hartley... none of them are really very exciting are they?

What do you want then? I mean there seems too be no pleasing some people. You are saying that none of these players are very exciting, would you rather we signed another Buffel who has all the ability to be an "exciting player" but a lack of commintment?

These players are solid and dependable if not spectacular. All three will definetly improve our team and help us consolidate our position. Thats what is important this season consolidating. Not spending millions just to show people that we still have money. Not many players of the quality that some people are expecting us to sign are going to want to come to a team playing in the UEFA Cup and battling for second in the league, most of them will be cup tied anyway.

Before I get bashed for defending theese players then think about this: Can you to name players outside of Celtic who are better than Gow, Weir, Webster, McCulloch and Hartley in the SPL in there positions?

What do you want then? I mean there seems too be no pleasing some people. You are saying that none of these players are very exciting, would you rather we signed another Buffel who has all the ability to be an "exciting player" but a lack of commintment?

These players are solid and dependable if not spectacular. All three will definetly improve our team and help us consolidate our position. Thats what is important this season consolidating. Not spending millions just to show people that we still have money. Not many players of the quality that some people are expecting us to sign are going to want to come to a team playing in the UEFA Cup and battling for second in the league, most of them will be cup tied anyway.

Before I get bashed for defending theese players then think about this: Can you to name players outside of Celtic who are better than Gow, Weir, Webster, McCulloch and Hartley in the SPL in there positions?

Hartley is the 2nd best midfielder in Scotland, behind Ferguson. Great, exciting signing.

Weir is just behind Pressley and McManus. Webster too.

McCulloch is just sh*te tho!

I too am annoyed about the penny pinching we are doing, but am preparered to reserve judgement until the summer.

I think alot of our signings have been what we, the fans asked for.We said we wanted more players who know what its like to play for Rangers and now we are getting that you have people complainig about our play being boring now and u snot having exciting players. I agree that McCulloch is no world beater but in the SPL there wont be many better than McCulloch, I think alot of us my be over rating how good the SPL really is if they think our signings are not that good