What do you think?

Danny

Going by a multitude of different aspects, this is my current first team pick. A few changes from what Walter picks.

---------------AM

Whittaker - Bougherra - Weir - Papac

-----------Davis----Mendes

Burke---------------------------DMB

----------Boyd----Miller

Ok, some reasoning here. Ferguson firstly has not earned a return. I was pleased with his brief showing against Motherwell, but against St Mirren he was invisible tbh. Davis looked good when put in the middle when Thomson was injured. So him and Mendes looks a pretty decent pairing.

Put Burke on the right who's looked good in training/reserves - almost like he's actually up for it.

DMB gets in because when on form he's the best 'winger' we have.

Whittaker would provide additional width on the right and is a lot more comfortable on the ball than Broadfoot plus more mobile.

And AM surely has to get his form back soon.

The big changes here are Davis in the middle, Burke on the right, and Whittaker at RB.

Thoughts?

I'll have what your on tonight :pipe:

Whittaker? Burke?

I do agree with Mendes and Davis in the middle of the park but not too sure about Beasley. One thing is for sure, we need wingers in January.

And we won't get them!

Whittaker? Burke?

I do agree with Mendes and Davis in the middle of the park but not too sure about Beasley. One thing is for sure, we need wingers in January.

And we won't get them!

What are you doing on RM Walter?

Whittaker? Burke?

And we won't get them!

What are you doing on RM Walter?

:shifty:

The thing is we could end up with a midfieldd 4 of:

Davis-------- Ferguson----- Mendes-------- McCulloch

No width in the team, 2 CM who can't play together- it has to be either or, not both.

A very talented CM wasted on the right and an abysmal footballer on the left.

The thing is we could end up with a midfieldd 4 of:

Davis-------- Ferguson----- Mendes-------- McCulloch

No width in the team, 2 CM who can't play together- it has to be either or, not both.

A very talented CM wasted on the right and an abysmal footballer on the left.

(tu) Cracking post.

Whittaker is a complete dud. he dusnt deserve a first teem chance and broadfoot is much better. Aaron is surely deserving of a chance and shood play ahead of beasley. and for ferguson i think he shud b in th teem but if he dusnt improve then he shood b bombed out.

burke no thanks, he'll play well for a few weeks, get a new contract and then be pish again( probably get injured yet again as well) Hes had his chance, it was the same when he came back last year, i said i would judge him when he had played more than 10 games and sure enough once he had played half a dozen good games his performance levels dropped again. Far too inconsistant, we should get rid as soon as we can and get someone in whos going to perform in every game

The only way Ferguson and Mendes could play together is if Ferguson was deployed as the player who sits and just gives the ball to Mendes.

But Ferguson wants to be in the thick of everything- corners, throw ins etc. So it will never happen.

There's no point playing Aaron on the right - he's not a winger - he's a forward - a Kaka type of player. Problem is if Burke's playing better than him in the reserves, wouldn't it be silly to play Aaron as the RW rather than Burke.

I do accept there's a lot of dubiety about Burke though, and on reflection, the best option we have for the right is actually JCD - he can't shoot and has no composure, but DOES have strength and pace and does his best work on the right wing.

As for Whittaker - I'm not quite sure how he can be described as a dud when he's never been privileged to have a run in the team like Broadfoot has. When he was fit he was shunted around all over the place - his best place is as RB - a position he's never actually been allowed to settle in.

The only way Ferguson and Mendes could play together is if Ferguson was deployed as the player who sits and just gives the ball to Mendes.

But Ferguson wants to be in the thick of everything- corners, throw ins etc. So it will never happen.

He was constantly in the way on Saturday. He just wanted to be the centre of the game, and when it didn't happen, he faded into total anonymity.

Completely agree. Ferguson should only play in the role that suited him best;in front of the back four.He is not a supporting striker which Walter believes he should play, his reaction time is too slow to play the attacking creative role.

I find it so frustrating seeing the most creative hard working player we have had for years in Mendes being forced to play second fiddle and in a more defensive role to accomodate Ferguson.

Going by a multitude of different aspects, this is my current first team pick. A few changes from what Walter picks.

---------------AM

Whittaker - Bougherra - Weir - Papac

-----------Davis----Mendes

Burke---------------------------DMB

----------Boyd----Miller

Ok, some reasoning here. Ferguson firstly has not earned a return. I was pleased with his brief showing against Motherwell, but against St Mirren he was invisible tbh. Davis looked good when put in the middle when Thomson was injured. So him and Mendes looks a pretty decent pairing.

Put Burke on the right who's looked good in training/reserves - almost like he's actually up for it.

DMB gets in because when on form he's the best 'winger' we have.

Whittaker would provide additional width on the right and is a lot more comfortable on the ball than Broadfoot plus more mobile.

And AM surely has to get his form back soon.

The big changes here are Davis in the middle, Burke on the right, and Whittaker at RB.

Thoughts?

I fancy a toastie. Bacon with emmental.

There's no point playing Aaron on the right - he's not a winger - he's a forward - a Kaka type of player. Problem is if Burke's playing better than him in the reserves, wouldn't it be silly to play Aaron as the RW rather than Burke.

I do accept there's a lot of dubiety about Burke though, and on reflection, the best option we have for the right is actually JCD - he can't shoot and has no composure, but DOES have strength and pace and does his best work on the right wing.

As for Whittaker - I'm not quite sure how he can be described as a dud when he's never been privileged to have a run in the team like Broadfoot has. When he was fit he was shunted around all over the place - his best place is as RB - a position he's never actually been allowed to settle in.

With Whittaker at RB, I would drop Weir for Broadfoot. In fact, i would actually drop Weir for Lee! I find that less embarrassing than a 38 year old

Jcd cant stay on his feet mate! Needs to work on that

I actually don't know what I'd like to see and that comes down to having a poor squad which does not have the right balance.

I'd like to see Broadfoot dropped and Whittaker given a chance at RB - just like Broadfoot has been given!

Davis in the centre alongside Mendes with Ferguson dropped.

Beasley or Aaron given a proper chance out on the left.

Maybe even at a push try Broadfoot at RB with Whittaker at RM.

Going with Burke and DMB would have us 2 men down from the start. Not a fan of either, although we have seen a handful of cracking displays from Burke, we have seen NOTHING from the American, who is rapidly becoming the new Buffel in some supporters eyes in that they think they can see something which is just not there.

I do like the formation though, however we are sadly lacking the true talent to carry it off just now.

I think until Beasley is given a proper run like McCulloch, Adam and Broadfoot have had then I can't really judge him - saying that he'd need to keep free of injuries for that to happen.

He was constantly in the way on Saturday. He just wanted to be the centre of the game, and when it didn't happen, he faded into total anonymity.

i agree he kept getting in the way when mendes tried to go forward which ment mendes had to go back and do the defensive job which also ment there was a lack in killer balls being played through which we have been getting from mendes constantly.