Marseille to test Rangers resolve on Magic

Poetry_In_Blue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this was reported before, but apparently their bid is going to be in the region of £4 million, and not the £3 million that had been previously reported. To be honest I would be surprised if Walter allowed this to happen as Magic can be classed as an important player for us, and not one of the deadwood.

MARSEILLE are lining up a January transfer swoop for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra.

The French side have admitted they have been monitoring the Algerian's performances and will test Rangers' resolve with a £4m bid.

The Ibrox side paid £2.5m for the 26-year-old, who has replaced Carlos Cuellar at the heart of the Rangers defence.

Bougherra didn't play for Algeria in their friendly against Mali on Wednesday night in Rouen because of injury but did travel to France to watch the game.

Marseille Sporting Director Jose Anigo admitted he was there to watch Bougherra and has publicly admitted that the French side are interested in him.

"I came to see Bougherra, in whom we have a great interest, but I learned he would not play," said Anigo.

Bougherra denied any talks had taken place.

"I haven't had any direct contact with Marseille," he said.

"I am flattered that they are interested in me, but there is nothing concrete. We will see in January, but I am happy at Rangers."

The defender missed last week's game against St Mirren with a calf injury, but is expected to feature for Rangers against Aberdeen at Ibrox tomorrow.

What does concern me though is the quote from Magic, but not sure if this is a part quote or been taken out of context of what he might have said.

4,000,000 Eh? forget it.Whatever we got for Cuellar,double it,and add on the figure they first offered, and we might think about it.Bougherra is by far a better

CB than the impressive Cuellar will ever be IMHO. (tu)

I don't know much French , but from what I can glean from the article , Magic has been scouted during an international match by Marseille's Technical Director (Director of football I guess!) , and Marseille have made it a priority to sign a defender for the remainder of the season...somebody at the Club has sounded Magic out about a move there , that player may well be a chap called "Ziani".

The last bit looks to be speculating about Magic looking for a new challenge or being content where he is. I honestly can't tell for sure which.

I don't know much French , but from what I can glean from the article , Magic has been scouted during an international match by Marseille's Technical Director (Director of football I guess!) , and Marseille have made it a priority to sign a defender for the remainder of the season...somebody at the Club has sounded Magic out about a move there , that player may well be a chap called "Ziani".

The last bit looks to be speculating about Magic looking for a new challenge or being content where he is. I honestly can't tell for sure which.

Julie loves French btw! :mutley:

Next time I see her , it'll be "va va voom Julie , hows about it doll"

Next time I see her , it'll be "va va voom Julie , hows about it doll"

:mutley:

She was the only one of my Managers there today :drool:

I thought of reasons to go speak to her from Mainframe training, Underpaid Wages and the Waitrose Wines Buffet!