Marseille to test Rangers resolve on Magic

Poetry_In_Blue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose Bougherra then it's curtains for our SPL hopes.

I know we don't have the funds to bring in a partner for him to replace the ageing Weir but we could soldier on until the end of the season. Losing Bougherra though would be a disaster.

Guest Andypendek

You're all missing the point, which is our cunning plan to deny Celtic the automatic CL place by performing dismally for a few seasons. Knowing we can rely on all other Scottish teams to be crap, Murray has cleverly worked out that selling best players = European failure > co-efficient falling. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Dr Reid!

If Magic goes for 4m then we are in trouble. McCulloch is no replacement. Weir cannot hang on another season. We need at best to get rid of some deadwood and bring in replacements for them. Not sell Magic. We need another Magic. Two, not selling the first.

If Magic goes for 4m then we are in trouble. McCulloch is no replacement. Weir cannot hang on another season. We need at best to get rid of some deadwood and bring in replacements for them. Not sell Magic. We need another Magic. Two, not selling the first.

Totally agree. If we sell Bougherra we might as well just give them 4 in a row.

Good a player as he has been, I dont think he has been needed as much as Cuellar was last season in that we have not relied upon him alone to carry us through matches even in Scotland. Wether that is down to better overall team play I dont know, but I just dont think his loss would be of major consequence were he to leave, assuming we get a decent replacement that is not a Left winger/striker/centre half/Scottish/Bazzas mate/useless...I would happily take £6M+.

I hate chopping and changing the team in January. We were lucky the season Boumsong was sold.

Fringe players can leave. Players can come in but other than that...

Conduct our transfers in the summer time. Too big a gamble to do in any otherway, last year is a lesson we should learn from.

I hate chopping and changing the team in January. We were lucky the season Boumsong was sold.

Fringe players can leave. Players can come in but other than that...

Conduct our transfers in the summer time. Too big a gamble to do in any otherway, last year is a lesson we should learn from.

Agreed

Exactly - the selling of Hutton and Cuellar are different. Hutton was sold in January with no possibility of replacement. I really think we would have won the league if he had stayed. We therefore lost automatic CL money. Hutton could still have gone for big money in the summer. Terrible piece of business.

Now I realise Boughera was signed before Cuellar was sold but we still had options to replace Cuellar because it was the summer window - we chose not to buy Loevens because he wasn't worth the silly money Celtic were prepared to pay.

Smith himself has said that January is a bad time to buy because "teams don't want to let their best players go halfway through the season". That's right Walter because it's a stupid thing to do.

From Magic's point of view its his dream move, he was brought up a Marseille fan. I wouldnt grudge him the move as long as we get a good profit on him and have already identified a better replacement.

If I signed for Marseille in the summer and the Bears were wanting me in January? Well .......... I'd be doing everything possible behind the scenes to make it happen.

le directeur technique de l'OM JOSE ANIGO a vu BOUGHERRA lors du match algerie vs mali à rouen , il lui a fait part de la priorité olympienne de le recruter pour l'année 2009

Il est vrai que Bougherra est tenté par le challenge de l'OM , notamment grace à ZIANI qui doit l'encourager à venir à l'OM

Affaire à suivre.......

Pour moi Magic doit rester deux ans au rangers minimum et si le club peut faire une belle affaire en le vendant apres, les deux parties seront content

le directeur technique de l'OM JOSE ANIGO a vu BOUGHERRA lors du match algerie vs mali à rouen , il lui a fait part de la priorité olympienne de le recruter pour l'année 2009

Il est vrai que Bougherra est tenté par le challenge de l'OM , notamment grace à ZIANI qui doit l'encourager à venir à l'OM

Affaire à suivre.......

Pour moi Magic doit rester deux ans au rangers minimum et si le club peut faire une belle affaire en le vendant apres, les deux parties seront content

Eh? <cr>

Affaire à suivre.......

For about the 43rd time - in English please!

Affaire à suivre.......

For about the 43rd time - in English please!

sorry i am not english

i am MOLIERE and not SHAKESPEARE :harhar: