RST

bouncy

The Rangers supporters trust will be in the Greenock Rangers Supporters club before the Falkirk match on saturday 17th January.

Presentation will start at 11.45am.

:mutley:

if you want to come along just reply to this thread and i will do my best to avoid you :harhar:

bus man made an error on date <cr>

If you are interested in the future or Rangers I imagine it would be interesting. Even more so if you disagree with the RST in anyway. Get yourself along and have your say face to face with fellow bears then share a pint afterwards.

The attitude by some towards the RST on this board is puzzling.

If you are interested in the future or Rangers I imagine it would be interesting. Even more so if you disagree with the RST in anyway. Get yourself along and have your say face to face with fellow bears then share a pint afterwards.

Why?

A large number of people like myself joined the RST at the begining with great expectations. The Trust have now become a one man band, with most if not all the board jumping through hoops for one man. Almost half the previous board resigned recently I guess for this reason.

A great idea turned sour in my opinion. I would love to see the trust come through the recent upheaval and fulfill the early promise but I fear this will never happen with the present board.

By the way, I hope this doesn't start another trust debate. :)

J123 agreed, The RST have lost a lot of bears through inner fighting. But, in the same token, they have alienated a lot of bear by claiming to speak for us 'ALL' ie. RFC fans without members like myself being asked for our opinion! I won't be renewing my membership next year, that's for sure.

Why?

A large number of people like myself joined the RST at the begining with great expectations. The Trust have now become a one man band, with most if not all the board jumping through hoops for one man. Almost half the previous board resigned recently I guess for this reason.

A great idea turned sour in my opinion. I would love to see the trust come through the recent upheaval and fulfill the early promise but I fear this will never happen with the present board.

And bizarrely you seek answers from me. You've got a problem with the RST then I can only suggest you go along and ask them why they split. If you ask me they have both got things to explain that we'll probably never hear about.

Though I'd love to hear what alternative if any you've got in mind

Why?

And bizarrely you seek answers from me. You've got a problem with the RST then I can only suggest you go along and ask them why they split. If you ask me they have both got things to explain that we'll probably never hear about.

Though I'd love to hear what alternative if any you've got in mind

The only answer I seek from you is why you find the attitude of some people on the board towards the RST puzzling. How is this bizzare ?

I have talked to a former board member why they split hence my opinion just now about the trust.

Don't have an alternative unfortunately, but for me the trust as it is at the moment isn't going to work and I haven't renewed for the first time since its conception.

Why Jim? no offence mate, I know you personally and I am proud to call you a mate - but one minute you are defending the RST's stance on not attacking Murray when they had the chance (regarding the famine song and press statements), then bad mouthing Murray on here at times yourself.

Im confused mate, perhaps im in the wrong and im the ignorant one mate - but the RST had the perfect chance to come out a few weeks back and defend the supporters against the famine song and they didnt... they took the diplomacy route.

Now I know you have proceedure to follow etc but we can't have it all ways?

As I said mate, no offenence. You know me, I'll speak my mind.

Why Jim? no offence mate, I know you personally and I am proud to call you a mate - but one minute you are defending the RST's stance on not attacking Murray when they had the chance (regarding the famine song and press statements), then bad mouthing Murray on here at times yourself.

Im confused mate, perhaps im in the wrong and im the ignorant one mate - but the RST had the perfect chance to come out a few weeks back and defend the supporters against the famine song and they didnt... they took the diplomacy route.

Now I know you have proceedure to follow etc but we can't have it all ways?

As I said mate, no offenence. You know me, I'll speak my mind.

John mate. The RST represent a broad membership. Frankie will tell you I've always critisized them for not being outspoken enough (always). However it's the only organization that we can approach who will listen to our views and put them forward in a democratic manner.

I understand they take decisions that wont suit everyones taste. 90% of the time I agree with what they say and I'm sure that's the case with the most on here.

Truth is since the split I've lost interest, I still feel we haven't had transparency from either side, but on these sort of threads where people rubbish them I still think it's totally uncalled for. Guys like David Edgar are happy to face the mhedia and face the backlash by making their identity public. The least we can do is either talk to them or ignore them. They certainly don't deserve scorn from people posting on a forum.

The only answer I seek from you is why you find the attitude of some people on the board towards the RST puzzling. How is this bizzare ?

I have talked to a former board member why they split hence my opinion just now about the trust.

Don't have an alternative unfortunately, but for me the trust as it is at the moment isn't going to work and I haven't renewed for the first time since its conception.

Go on then. Spill the beans!

It's bizarre cos it's laughable. Here we have a thread where the RST are willing to meet members of an RSC to discuss their position on things and it's full of people with a hell of a lot to say without the backbone to say it to their face.

It's bizarre cos it's laughable. Here we have a thread where the RST are willing to meet members of an RSC to discuss their position on things and it's full of people with a hell of a lot to say without the backbone to say it to their face.

In a nutshell Jim.

People want to moan in the interweb rather than ask the people involved.

Some folk aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

Why?

So who is this one man? Is it the current Chair? Vice Chair? Treasurer? Secretary? Who is he and why should these people jump through hoops (hoops :rolleyes: ) for him?

It's bizarre and laughable because people have an opinion on the trust.? Jesus.

Good on the trust for meeting RSC's doesn't change my mind about them at the moment.

No backbone to say it to their face? Now that is laughable. I think we're all doing the same thing on this website. That is what website forums are about.

Believe me or not about the former member I spoke to, I don't particularly care either way.

In a nutshell Jim.

People want to moan in the interweb rather than ask the people involved.

Some folk aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

If you're talking about my post mate I have asked people involved.

I was happy with the trust in the begining but things changed recently and I didn't renew my membership.

Moaning on the interweb, who does that :ph34r:

J123 agreed, The RST have lost a lot of bears through inner fighting. But, in the same token, they have alienated a lot of bear by claiming to speak for us 'ALL' ie. RFC fans without members like myself being asked for our opinion! I won't be renewing my membership next year, that's for sure.

I dont think thats a fair comment BH....when a RST spokesperson speaks they do so obo of RST members and have made that quite clear on numerous occasions.

Furthermore at least they have a mandate to speak....many of the so called "supporters representatives" used for regular quotes have never been elected by fans.

I would agree though - the inner fighting has left many disillusioned.

The problem with fans is that we don’t really have a representative voice, and we tend to howl at the moon or vent our frustrations on forums like this. It looks like the club doesn’t give a flying one about us (although I don‘t believe that), and organizations like the RST are largely agenda driven with policies that you either agree with or not - a bit like a political party. Problem is, if you don’t agree with the politics of organizations like the RST, why would you join?

I’m not saying the RST is wrong or right, but I used to contribute on the follow follow website, and some of the bears on there thought RFC and the RST were the devil incarnate because they didn’t go on national TV defending our “right” to sing about being up to our knees!

Even some of the more moderate and, arguably, astute bears criticized organizations like the RST for not being political and cute enough to fight the press on their own turf.

I might not agree with the likes of David Edgar and his ilk, but hats off to them for the work they do.

Even some of the more moderate and, arguably, astute bears criticized organizations like the RST for not being political and cute enough to fight the press on their own turf.

Good point here. Thing is I feel that everyone's an 'expert' or thinks they are, and are very quick to point the finger at 'failings' they see from a distance.

However as often as not, these mouthpieces are not in any way directly involved in trying to improve matters. So to me, it's a bit hypocritical to bad-mouth the Trust if you are not actively trying to change or adapt things for the better.

I myself am not directly involved.