Does any other club have a 'grass a fellow fan' culture like ours?

Tontospal

I don't personally know any Rangers or other fan who would 'grass' a fellow supporter for singing a song, regardless of the words or context.

I know plenty that would have a quiet (or in some cases not so quiet) word if it was deemed out of order.

I detest the people who are ruining our club, as I do the fans/stewards who are doing their bidding.

Next month I would estimate that at least 30,000 will be singing TFO. Will the club turn a deaf ear and blind eye to it or will they issue stewards with a list of seat numbers and get them to tick off those that are singing? Imagine if they banned all of those guilty of singing it (as per the precedent sat by the Rangers Stasi Stewards at Rugby Park) - we'd be playing to crowds of 20-25,000

My view is that TFO will be sung louder and by more of our fans than ever before and that it will send a message to all and sundry that the majority of our fans are sick to the back teeth of being persecuted from within and outside the club.

Back to the original question - does anyone know of any other club with such a culture?

Man Utd fans singing of Hillsborough, Liverpool and Leeds fans singing of Munich, Aberdeen singing about the Ibrox Disaster etc - are these fans reported by their fellow fans or ejected by stewards for songs which are far more insulting and provocative that TFO?

I don't personally know any Rangers or other fan who would 'grass' a fellow supporter for singing a song, regardless of the words or context.

I know plenty that would have a quiet (or in some cases not so quiet) word if it was deemed out of order.

I detest the people who are ruining our club, as I do the fans/stewards who are doing their bidding.

Next month I would estimate that at least 30,000 will be singing TFO. Will the club turn a deaf ear and blind eye to it or will they issue stewards with a list of seat numbers and get them to tick off those that are singing? Imagine if they banned all of those guilty of singing it (as per the precedent sat by the Rangers Stasi Stewards at Rugby Park) - we'd be playing to crowds of 20-25,000

My view is that TFO will be sung louder and by more of our fans than ever before and that it will send a message to all and sundry that the majority of our fans are sick to the back teeth of being persecuted from within and outside the club.

Back to the original question - does anyone know of any other club with such a culture?

Man Utd fans singing of Hillsborough, Liverpool and Leeds fans singing of Munich, Aberdeen singing about the Ibrox Disaster etc - are these fans reported by their fellow fans or ejected by stewards for songs which are far more insulting and provocative that TFO?

Aberdeen fan got grassed up by his mum for singing the song about David Murray. 2 david murrays I think it was.

Why say fans/stewards? They are different things. A steward doing the bidding of the club is doing his/her job I'd have thought.

I, personally, have never saw a Rangers supporters grass on another one at a match.

In my opinion the grass should be banned from Ibrox.

At the end of the day, I don't see the need for anybody "grassing" on a fellow Rangers fan, if the Steward does their job properly then they should be ejected by them, not by the assistance of a Rangers fan.

Aberdeen fan got grassed up by his mum for singing the song about David Murray. 2 david murrays I think it was.

:mutley: By his mum?

'haw hamish fit ye thinkin aboot? Fit dae ye mean twa davie morays?'

Yep read it in the sun the other day (yes I bought the sun). His mum took him to the game and then grassed him up for singing the song and posting the video of it on youtube. Boy got his season ticket took off him by Aberdeen :D.

I, personally, have never saw a Rangers supporters grass on another one at a match.

In my opinion the grass should be banned from Ibrox.

quiet day on RM yawn! yawn! so start this topic again indifferent0023.gif

Start the what again? :unsure:

Some folk on here sound like Krays-style gangsters: "Gor blimey guv, yer don't grass on yer own". ;) I'm not suggesting you run to the police or stewards at the slightest misdemeanour but some "fans" are a menace to the club and the support. It's better we protect ourselves than have the authorities coming after us again.

Some folk on here sound like Krays-style gangsters: "Gor blimey guv, yer don't grass on yer own". I'm not suggesting you run to the police or stewards at the slightest misdemeanour but some "fans" are a menace to the club and the support. It's better we protect ourselves than have the authorities coming after us again.

Or it would be better to say fuck the authorities. The authorities willl never dock us points for singing the famines over.

Some folk on here sound like Krays-style gangsters: "Gor blimey guv, yer don't grass on yer own". I'm not suggesting you run to the police or stewards at the slightest misdemeanour but some "fans" are a menace to the club and the support. It's better we protect ourselves than have the authorities coming after us again.

Yes, and it's the job of the stewards to get to those fans.

Let's imagine you go to Ibrox with your father, would you give grass him if he sang 'The famine is over' ?

Or even better: Why give in to ridiculous stuff as 'Don't sing TFO, it's racist' ? Why not stand up and fight those who wish to harm our club with lies ?

Who grassed ?

Let's imagine you go to Ibrox with your father, would you give grass him if he sang 'The famine is over' ?

Aye. I'd tell my mammy! :D

Seriously, my point is a general one. Maybe we shouldn't just shrug our shoulders and say, "That's the job of the stewards" when it comes to serious bad behaviour.

Seriously, my point is a general one. Maybe we shouldn't just shrug our shoulders and say, "That's the job of the stewards" when it comes to serious bad behaviour.

Well perhaps we could tell the stewards if the person in question was really out of line, for example when he's abusing children and women, harassing other people,...

But NOT when he or she sings a song which is not racist at all.

Well perhaps we could tell the stewards if the person in question was really out of line, for example when he's abusing children and women, harassing other people,...

But NOT when he or she sings a song which is not racist at all.

Am i missing something here. Did a fan grass on someone for singing TFS ?

Why say fans/stewards? They are different things. A steward doing the bidding of the club is doing his/her job I'd have thought.

fair point but there is a difference between a steward getting someone ejected/arrested for a violent act and for singing a song.

why anyone would choose to be a steward is beyond me - same with police, traffic wardens and referees.

when i was at the red star belgrade game a guy says he would get me flung out he wis a polis and showed me his badge... for singing the cry was no surrender with the whole stadium. he says to me do you want us to get flung out of europe, are you Arangers fans cause your acting like a celtic fan and says it was sectarien.WTF :angry2: