Set Piece Taker

broxibear87

How badly do we need someone who can take a decent corner?

Or at least make the goalkeeper work from a free kick?

Set pieces are a important part of the game, a good percentage of goals come from them. But I feel we would add a lot more goals to our team if we got someone in who can strike a free kick. Celtic have Nakamura, Robson, Maloney, etc. All capable of scoring from a set piece.

But Boyds toe pokes and Charlies poor efforts just dont do it for me. Anyone agree?

I would agree almost entirely, seems like we've been saying this for years tho.

I quite like boyds blasts. reminds me of the alan shearer free kicks from back in the day but a bit of variety wouldn't go a miss.

There is really no excuse for it, lok at teams like bolton and Hull and how many goals they get against premiership defences just by set pieces. We could probably double that up here especially as walter seems to favour taller/bigger players.

Aaron is a wicked set piece taker, some of his deliveries are magical.

Adam is actually terrible at them, he doesnt strike the ball well at all.

Beasley takes a good corner sometimes, its a bit hit or miss though.

Thomsons deliveries are pretty good, as are Mendes' but other than that there isnt much in the set piece department of us im afraid.

How badly do we need someone who can take a decent corner?

Or at least make the goalkeeper work from a free kick?

Set pieces are a important part of the game, a good percentage of goals come from them. But I feel we would add a lot more goals to our team if we got someone in who can strike a free kick. Celtic have Nakamura, Robson, Maloney, etc. All capable of scoring from a set piece.

But Boyds toe pokes and Charlies poor efforts just dont do it for me. Anyone agree?

I quite like boyds style of FK