Loy goes out on loan

Ibroxblue

with rangers sending lot of youngster out on loan who do we think if any will get a chance next year.Does any1n know how these players are getting on out ??on loan i have noticed that lennon isnt getting a game at partick .

lennon=partick

furman=bradford

emslie=clyde

lowing=clyde

loy=dunfermline

best way for them to get first team experience and to show what they are made of

exactly. We need these players to get some first team experience before we can expect them to get a chance in the first team here. Not sure how any of the mentioned youngsters are getting on apart from furman. He has played 12 games for bradford and mccall wants to keep him to the end of the season so he must be doing something right

Being a cynic I think Walter just wants them out the way and is hoping their loan teams take them off our hands.

One of the youth coaches in his first spell told me that Walter thinks if a youngster hasn't managed to get into the first team before he is 20 then he has no future at the club.

Since he is reluctant to give our youngsters a chance that might explain why in his 12 or so years at the club he has seen only a couple of home grown players get a regular game for Rangers.

Being a cynic I think Walter just wants them out the way and is hoping their loan teams take them off our hands.

One of the youth coaches in his first spell told me that Walter thinks if a youngster hasn't managed to get into the first team before he is 20 then he has no future at the club.

Since he is reluctant to give our youngsters a chance that might explain why in his 12 or so years at the club he has seen only a couple of home grown players get a regular game for Rangers.

in all fairness, that may be true for the likes of lowing and lennon

http://www.dafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1488449,00.html

Twenty year old Rangers reserve striker Rory Loy joined Dunfermline on a six week loan and made his debut in Saturday's match against Queen of the South. Rory explained after his introduction replacing Andy Kirk in 62nd minute:-

"All the reserves at Rangers were told on Friday that they could go out on loan. When I heard Dunfermline were asking then this was the club that I wanted to come to. I phoned my agent, spoke to the Manager and got it sorted."

Former Rangers keeper Callum Reidford is still friendly with Rory and the Pars understudy to Paul Gallacher was able to report the great team spirit that surrounds Jim McIntyre's team.

"I looked to see that Dunfermline had two really good forwards but did not have too many so I thought I might get an opportunity and when I heard the gaffer wanted me I was more than happy to come. I knew that they were in second place, going well and from what I had heard I knew that they were a good passing team that liked to get the ball down and play.

"I don't know the boys or Manager too well yet. I will get to know them over the next week or so."

Rory's parents come from Dumfries, living just across the road from Palmerston Park. Rory was brought up in Stranraer, starting his football with Lochryan Boys Club before moving to Girvan at the age of 14, on to Ayr United and Kilmarnock then Rangers. Greg Shields was a Kilmarnock when Rory was there as a part timer and didn't really cross paths.

The on loan striker felt that his new team deserved to win by more.

"Queens equalised but we had so many chances and didn't take any. I was delighted to come on at 1-1 to make my debut. I felt I did well.

"I played 35 minutes against Queens so it's hard to judge the difference between SPL Reserve League and the First Division. Rangers management just want me to go out and get some experience, see what its like to be involved every week, hopefully playing most weeks or getting on and experiencing first team football.

"It is not just about scoring goals, it is about performing well. If I am being watched every week hopefully that will be just as well as scoring goals. In the reserves you are trying to do well and get spotted but when you come to the First Division you are playing as a team and trying to win the league. I will be trying to put in as many good performances as I can.

"I like to run at people, get the ball down and run up the channels. I enjoyed today, it was quite an open game which suited me.

Reidford's glowing report of the morale at Dunfermline did not let Rory down:-

"You could see the celebration when we scored the winner and the team spirit in the dressing room afterwards was great."

Playing first team at least gives you abit more of an idea of what actual level the players are at, Lennon looked good in the reserves and U-19's but has been absolute gash for Thistle. By all accounts Lowing and Emslie are barely first division standard as well.

Furman's done well for himself though. (tu)

Playing first team at least gives you abit more of an idea of what actual level the players are at, Lennon looked good in the reserves and U-19's but has been absolute gash for Thistle. By all accounts Lowing and Emslie are barely first division standard as well.

Furman's done well for himself though. (tu)

I think there's a signal to the players that have been loaned out that they're not wanted.

Maybe apart from Furman.

It makes sense considering that the reserve league is finished until February.

I hope that he makes a big enough impression for them to extend it beyond the original 2 month duration. He's completely outgrew reserve team football and he really needs to start getting some senior level action.

I wish I could believe this explanation, but from what I'm hearing this is part of an ongoing downsizing of our playing staff ("take a player on loan and hopefully you'll want to buy him" would appear to be Murray's mantra).

As others have said on this thread, how many of these 'loan' deals actually return to Ibrox?

We need to look at the bigger picture - Murray is pratted and mortgaged to the hilt - he needs the cash coming in, like... NOW!!!