Summer Football - Yes or No

Bluepeter9

Summer Football  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

I've heard a few 'experts' talk about how they think the climate here has something to do with why we're so shite at football.

Minstral makes a good point. If we could somehow associate football with ideas of warmer weather, more daylight hours etc then more people would probably take it up.

Again though, it can snow any time from October to February nowdays, so it's impossible to predict.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say no. It would feel wrong somehow.

It's not as wrong as having 5 games called off every week.

In saying that, it's not really an SPL problem (unless someone turns the heating off at Fir Park), but it could hinder us when we play away at lower league teams in the cup.

Oh, I entirely understand the reasons for it. I just think playing football in the SPL in June would be extremely strange. And we'd probably find something to complain about if we did it :)

Aye, we'd all be on holiday :bouncy:

Due to the fact fans have to sit in the freezing cold most of the football season,

then I am all for scrapping football in winter time.

I couldn't care how it affects other aspects of football tournaments as they can be re arranged in some way.

Apart from world cups and euro championships. But we are not in the tournaments for long anyway so that's not going to affect us too much either.

Hated it when all covered stadia was introduced because when you did get a bit of sunshine, you are in the shade

and still get cold. Unless you are lucky and get a seat in the stand where the sun does get in for a bit.

I would probably go to a lot more games in the summer.

i say YES . wouldnt we make more money ? Sky and whoever else would be wanting to cover it if the Prem isnt on.

But also need to think what would attendance be like with everyone going on holiday and stuff . :/ i still say yes though

i say YES . wouldnt we make more money ? Sky and whoever else would be wanting to cover it if the Prem isnt on.

But also need to think what would attendance be like with everyone going on holiday and stuff . :/ i still say yes though

A very good point indeed.

It may be the marketing niche that Scottish Football has been looking for.

On a personal note it would be great to get all year round footie without those dreaded summer months!!

Yes, yes and yes. Only an insane person would decide to stage a game that is required to be played on grass, a living organism that doesn't grow much at all in the winter months at this latitude, in winter. MONG!

Then you have games postponed, games that are virtually a farce due to really bad weather. Our football is shit enough, time to move it to the summer months when the surfaces are good and the conditions are more conducive to good football.