Summer Football - Yes or No

Bluepeter9

Summer Football  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

I see the subject has come up again - my daughter plays u16 football and they are just moving to summer football - Starts March, month of July off and finished by end November. I see issues with European cups but other countries seem to manage. I think I am against it - what do you think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - TV would love it (Sky would love to keep subs going over the summer for instance, so they'd put serious bids in for the rights against Setanta etc), attendances would go up, less injuries and postponements, clubs would be fitter for European qualification rounds etc...

What would happen if there was an event on such as a world cup or euro's??? Althought there arent that many players invovled from spl clubs at the moment think how that would change if scotland were present in one of these competitions?

yes for me would help us when we enter european football as it is the now were caught cold just look at Kaunas they were half way through there season when we played them. Russian football teams do well in europe alot as well and they play summer football im sure

I see the subject has come up again - my daughter plays u16 football and they are just moving to summer football - Starts March, month of July off and finished by end November. I see issues with European cups but other countries seem to manage. I think I am against it - what do you think?

No for me. Partly because I like to get some fishing done in the summer so that's not really a good reason I admit.

BUT - The season you've just described is only 8 months long. The football season lasts from late July to mid May at the moment, even in years when there isn't a major Championship. Matches can be affected from December through to March - there's no way you can have a break for the whole of that period so you'll have to schedule matches during part of it - the weather might be fine during the shutdown and poor during the period games are scheduled.