Charlie Adam?

lukeazure

Hi, Burnley fan here. Rumours round these parts are that Owen Coyle is signing Charlie Adam off you in January (apparently a free as we are just taking over his contract). Now I know a Rangers fan and he was not very complimentary about Adam when I asked for an opinion, so I'm just seeing really if this is a widespread view or if you think he will be a good signing for us?

Also, as I see next to nothing of SPL football, hows Judas Lafferty doing? Started emailing forum moderators asking for critical posts about him to be removed yet?

Adam is an unfit waste of space and although I feel sorry for you, I will be delighted if he moves on. He is a classic example of the unprofessional Scottish footballer...drinks, eats crap food, loves a Curry at the weekend, lazy at training etc. If he was born in a different country he may well have turned out a decent player as he does actually have some talent, but that talent only shines through about once every 20 games due to the nature of his Scottish upbringing and complete lack of brains.

Adam is known for his supposedly strong left foot. Unfortunately 99/100 times his crosses and free kicks will be miles off target. He won't let that put him off though and will continue to do it time and time again.

He's possibly the most unfit player in the squad. Someone said they spotted him buying a bucket of KFC after training - a great way to undo all the cals he just burnt off and then some.

Typical of why Scotland will never produce a world class player unless the binge-drinking crap-eating culture changes.

Adam still has the potential to be a good player, alot of the time he tries too hard and fucks up the odd hollywood pass/shoots from ridiculous distances but he has had his good and bad games, in all I dont consider him Rangers class, hes a trier and can rough up the opposition but he hurt's his game by his attitude towards his own fitness and his lack of discipline when it comes to meeting the expectation's that we all expect from a professional footballer in the modern day. Overall a decent squad player, maybe more if he devoted himself to getting into shape and worked on his technique when it comes to reading a game, picking out the right passes, when too shoot etc.

Is there any chance you can see a change of club sorting his attitude out or is a total lost cause?

Lost cause i'm afraid...you would a time machine to change his entire upbringing. He is a tyypical stupid West of Scotland smoking/drinking/betting/bag of chips type of person and it is too late to change him. If he wasn't a footballer he would probably be a a binman or a brickie or something like that.