Shane Ferguson?

Ibroxblue

Rangers And Celtic are set to battle it out for Newcastle starlet Shane Ferguson.

The 17-year-old midfielder, rated as one of the brightest prospects on Tyneside, is out of contract at the end of the season and has been watched on several occasions by the Old Firm duo.

Ferguson, who represented Northern Ireland at U-17 and U-19 level, won his first U-21 cap in a 3-1 victory over Scotland this month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20970988/

Scouting young players with great potential?

That has hardly worked for us in the past, especialy since our current youth won't get a chance.

We should be concetrating on sorting out our first team first before chasing players with potential.

He used to play for a local team here in Londonderry (maiden City academy),

Shane is skillful but before he moved away he needed to bulk up big time, he was small for his age before he left, but I don't really know what hes like now after his move 'across the water' 1/2 years ago.

But I wouldn't say for 1 minute he'd pick celtc over us, he's a catholic, but he's not a timmy supporter, he also had the chance to go play for ROI but opted to stay in the NI set up

Guest therabbitt

Shane is skillful but before he moved away he needed to bulk up big time, he was small for his age before he left, but I don't really know what hes like now after his move 'across the water' 1/2 years ago.

But I wouldn't say for 1 minute he'd pick celtc over us, he's a catholic, but he's not a timmy supporter, he also had the chance to go play for ROI but opted to stay in the NI set up

Where abouts in Derry you from mate?

Also, its strange that his NI versus ROI decision might be echoed in whether he signs for us or them.

Where abouts in Derry you from mate?

Also, its strange that his NI versus ROI decision might be echoed in whether he signs for us or them.

The Waterside, although I watch the matches in the city side (Tavern)

Yourself?

My best mate played football with him at maiden city and he said shane isn't the slightest bit sectarian, so I'm not sure whether he would sign for us or not,

doubt anything will happen tbh anyway

o ryt fair play just assumed he wud av supported them lol

never heard of him, dont think we need any more central midfielders tbh

Think he might play wide.

aye m8 just looked on the newcastle website doesnt say his position but says hes a huge admirer of ryan giggs and james milner so he probly does play wide lol

Scouting young players with great potential?

That has hardly worked for us in the past, especialy since our current youth won't get a chance.

We should be concetrating on sorting out our first team first before chasing players with potential.

Those words I have never heard with Rangers and Walter Smith before!

never heard of him, dont think we need any more central midfielders tbh

Think he might play wide.

aye m8 just looked on the newcastle website doesnt say his position but says hes a huge admirer of ryan giggs and james milner so he probly does play wide lol

hes definitely a midfielder, but i'm not sure whether he's central or a winger, but i'll find out, give me 10 minutes :craphead: