Bougherra could miss out again

Ibroxblue

While I was appalled beyond words when Cuellar departed under these circumstances, I wouldn't miss Bougherra one bit.

If I dare to say I don't rate Bougherra, I tend to get abuse around here. So I'm not going to say that.

But I will say a few million for him would be a good deal and he'd be easily replaced. Such as by Stranzl.

Word in the media is that we won't be following up our interest in Stranzl, so maybe, just maybe, that's a pointer to whether Bougherra is staying or going?

Last thing I see is dated the 18th and it still looks promising.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think we've more to see from Bougherra.

I've been absolutely delighted with him, but he's being asked to fill the Cuellar role of covering for Weir both on the deck and in the air and that's something that i don't think he's totally comfortable with. Lets face it, Bougherra isnt Cuellar; he can't read the game as well and he can't anticipate the game as well. That's no slight on Bougherra of course, being a step down from Cuellar is nothing to be ashamed of.

I reckon he'd take his game to a whole new level with a more mobile and self reliant partner like Stranzl alongside him. His pace and ball distribution would mix well with Stranzl's dominant and physical approach.

I still think we've more to see from Bougherra.

I've been absolutely delighted with him, but he's being asked to fill the Cuellar role of covering for Weir both on the deck and in the air and that's something that i don't think he's totally comfortable with. Lets face it, Bougherra isnt Cuellar; he can't read the game as well and he can't anticipate the game as well. That's no slight on Bougherra of course, being a step down from Cuellar is nothing to be ashamed of.

I reckon he'd take his game to a whole new level with a more mobile and self reliant partner like Stranzl alongside him. His pace and ball distribution would mix well with Stranzl's dominant and physical approach.

His pace and distribution along with his man marking are his best attributes. His reading of the game, as you say, is not spectacular (personally I think it's pretty outright poor) and he's lousy in the air.

Frankly these are basics for defenders and if he's not great at them, then why is everyone so regaling of him?

That all said, I remember was it Polar Bear suggested him playing in midfield. From what I've seen, he would be much better there than defence because he's surprisingly comfortable on the ball. And we agree he's pretty quick and has good distribution.

While I was appalled beyond words when Cuellar departed under these circumstances, I wouldn't miss Bougherra one bit.

If I dare to say I don't rate Bougherra, I tend to get abuse around here. So I'm not going to say that.

But I will say a few million for him would be a good deal and he'd be easily replaced. Such as by Stranzl.

Word in the media is that we won't be following up our interest in Stranzl, so maybe, just maybe, that's a pointer to whether Bougherra is staying or going?

Andy Devlin in todays Sun:

Rangers are unlikely to follow up their interest in Spartak Moscows' Martin Stranzl.

It is the Sun tho, so there is still hope!

Andy Devlin in todays Sun:

Rangers are unlikely to follow up their interest in Spartak Moscows' Martin Stranzl.

It is the Sun tho, so there is still hope!

My heart was sinking as you said 'Andy Devlin in today's...' then I saw the word 'Sun' so I'm feeling happier again :D