How can we let such a poor Sellik team win 4 in a row?

dummiesoot

Stunned with this pish, that mob are rank, yet we lose to them and let them have a nice healthy lead in the league.

From what you read on the forum today, you would think it is because we play Ferguson.

At the end of the day, the average player at Rangers just isn't up to the take. Look at our defensive corps today, it was horrible, with Adam on a wing....

That isn't right.

Life is all about timing isn't it and wee gordon certainly breezed into the glitterdome at just the right time

Championship 1 ... Fagend of the McLeish era

Championship 2 ... PLG fiasco

Championship 3 ... The opposition have to end the season with 5 games in 10 days

Because no matter how pish they are, they give themselves a chance by playing full backs in full back positions and wingers on the wing. Celtic have been there for the taking for 3 years at least, I thought this year was to be it as the money was spent. Unfortunately it was spent on players that we did not need.

Velicka £1M

Edu £2M

Lafferty £3.5M

That is nearly £7M of what should have been spent on 2 full backs, and a wide player. And we would have ran away with the title IMO.

They have not won the league.

can you see us going on a 12 game winning run? Can you see Sellik dropping enough points because we will defo drop more between now and May?

I still think we will win the league. One bad mistake from Broadfoot cost us today, but for the most part we were well in control albeit with nowhere near enough chances being created.

Because no matter how pish they are, they give themselves a chance by playing full backs in full back positions and wingers on the wing. Celtic have been there for the taking for 3 years at least, I thought this year was to be it as the money was spent. Unfortunately it was spent on players that we did not need.

Velicka £1M

Edu £2M

Lafferty £3.5M

That is nearly £7M of what should have been spent on 2 full backs, and a wide player. And we would have ran away with the title IMO.

very fair point!

One chance they get all day and it's in the net. We have no excuses - even with the ref and linesmen being shite- for bottling it today. PUTRID result.

Our attack was powderpuff today Del ... it was increasingly obvious as the game went on that we were going to get caught with the inevitable sucker punch <_<

Velicka £1M

Edu £2M

Lafferty £3.5M

Thats what hurts even more we have had the money to improve the problem area's. :mad:

Both teams were bad, but the fact is, we still lost. We deserved at least 1 goal imo, but so did they. We need to move on like Celtic did and start winning games. I think its safe to say if we lose 1 more game, the league is over.

One chance they get all day and it's in the net. We have no excuses - even with the ref and linesmen being shite- for bottling it today. PUTRID result.

Our attack was powderpuff today Del ... it was increasingly obvious as the game went on that we were going to get caught with the inevitable sucker punch <_<

Reluctantly agree. They were there for the taking, too, which makes it even more galling.

unfortunately, i do fully believe we have to score the first goal in every game, as in games i have been to, and watched on tv, we really struggle to break down teams when they have the "two banks of four" set in place.

last week against hibs was a prime example, as was st. mirren away.

the introduction of lafferty again at left mid, was exsperarting, as week in and out, he always cuts inside in to traffic when presented one on one.

whittaker again looks like a boy who has no confidence, and for a player who ghosted by players at hibs and got crosses in, he is a shadow of that vision.

timmy, to their credit, have players who are suited to their positions.

brown, hartley-centre midfielders

nakamura,mcgeady,mizuno,maloney-wide midfielders who play wide when played.

same with the full backs in their team

us? we play 4 central midfielders in midfield, noramally 4 centre halves across the back line, and when trying to change, i feel there is no width involved, especially on a potential quick counter attack, which is rare.

timmy gets most of their goals from width, crosses in, and quick play from players played where they have made their career.

we will struggle to break down teams with so many players playing in alien positions.

As I said before, the winner of the SPL doesn't have to be a great team, just better than their OF rivals.

Celtic are now used to winning - we don't have that mentality and won't till we can win a couple of leagues on the bounce.

Overcome that and we win the league - but it feels miles off.

Velicka £1M

Edu £2M

Lafferty £3.5M

No i disgagree.

They have better quality than us in the foward area. Samaras would be brilliant for us. Much better player than Boyd. Miller is good but so is McDonald. They have so many attacking options and threats. They can score many goals from corners. Nakamura is a very good corner taker, can score from direct free kicks, and they have the quality to defend when they need to. Two commanding centre halfs who can both do a decent job. People need to remember, its the SPL level we are talking about. They are by a good distance the best team in scotland at the moment and the facts are their to prove it. We had these fuckers by the balls last season. All we had to do was play for a draw in 1 of the last 2 OF games at Celtic park and we had the title but yet we blew it and bottled it. The fixture list wasn't nice but if you want to be succesful in this day and age, you have to make sacrifices. The UEFA cup run as fantastic as it was cost us a title and in reality we should of prehaps just threw that away because we aren't getting the title back this season. Thats a 7 point gap now and we simply can't play catch up. Remember, we were infront for a lot of periods last season and yet when Celtic got infront near the end, they held onto it. We simply need better players.

We need quality on the wings, we don't have it at the moment. We need to get rid of that useless twat David Weir, sell Papac who is useless and shoot that useless broadfoot. Get some width back into the team, a proper balanced midfield with a DM and mendes running the show. Two commanding centre halfs who can make recovery tackles. The SPL game is built on direct football and balls played into the box. Celtic went on a 12 match winning run or something. We don't have the consistentcy to do that with these players.

Far too one deminsonal. That is why we need to get a new manager in, a manager with fresh ideas.

Lets face facts lads, we need better players. Celtic didn't even play one of their best players today in MeGeady and yet still ran out 0-1 winners without being tested at all in the last 10 minutes. That shows they have depth in the squad. Could we afford to suspend Mendes like that? Miller? I don't think so.

A lot of work needs to be done in the summer. This season's challenge for the title is as good as over. Celtic just need to put a good 5-6 wins in a row together now and its all wrapped up. Easy enough when you know your rivals struggle to put a 3+ game winning run together.