McCulloch Runs His Mouth

BlueSuedeSambas

Forward Lee McCulloch believes his Rangers side can still win the Scottish Premier League despite Saturday's defeat by leaders Celtic.

Walter Smith's team will go into 2009 seven points behind following the 1-0 loss at Ibrox and have 18 matches to try to overhaul the champions' lead.

"I don't think it's impossible for us to claw it back," said McCulloch. "Celtic did it to us last season.

"We won't stop fighting. We need everybody pulling together."

McCulloch has been out of the first-team picture in recent months, but he is backing those in possession to keep Rangers in the title hunt.

"We will be back on the training ground working hard for it and believing we can get the points back and hopefully win the title," he said.

"We need big characters, but there are a lot of personalities in that dressing-room.

"That won't be a problem, but the loud ones need to get louder and the ones who are not so loud need to stand up as well.

"We all need to put an extra yard on to our game.

"I think a lot of fans might have chucked it now. But, in the dressing-room, we haven't.

"We still believe we can put a run together and get it back. If they can do it to us, we can do it to them.

"I think we have to look at going unbeaten. We can't afford to drop silly points away from home again.

"Our home record has been good up until Saturday and we will be looking to get that form back.

"We are a good enough team to do it. We believe in each other."

From the BBC.

yet again we have seen the two usual suspects: Adam and McCulloch running their mouths after a defeat.

These two more than anybody else need to do their talking on the park, yet they coonstantly fail to deliver.

Forward Lee McCulloch believes his Rangers side can still win the Scottish Premier League despite Saturday's defeat by leaders Celtic.

Walter Smith's team will go into 2009 seven points behind following the 1-0 loss at Ibrox and have 18 matches to try to overhaul the champions' lead.

"I don't think it's impossible for us to claw it back," said McCulloch. "Celtic did it to us last season.

McCulloch has been out of the first-team picture in recent months, but he is backing those in possession to keep Rangers in the title hunt.

"We will be back on the training ground working hard for it and believing we can get the points back and hopefully win the title," he said.

"We need big characters, but there are a lot of personalities in that dressing-room.

"That won't be a problem, but the loud ones need to get louder and the ones who are not so loud need to stand up as well.

"I think a lot of fans might have chucked it now. But, in the dressing-room, we haven't.

"We still believe we can put a run together and get it back. If they can do it to us, we can do it to them.

"I think we have to look at going unbeaten. We can't afford to drop silly points away from home again.

"Our home record has been good up until Saturday and we will be looking to get that form back.

From the BBC.

yet again we have seen the two usual suspects: Adam and McCulloch running their mouths after a defeat.

These two more than anybody else need to do their talking on the park, yet they coonstantly fail to deliver.

To be honest, what if Mendes or Davis had done these interviews? Would the response be the same?

To be honest, they are probably saying these things to the press, when TOLD to by the club, almost as much as to help the team believe they can still win it, since, the encouragement and support isnt coming from the stands

Rangers are run like a fcuking amateur club - every time I await our players coming out and bumping their gums, the usual suspects, McCulloch, Adam, Broadfoot and Ferguson.

celtc must be absolutely pissing themselves everytime we drop points for a number of reasons.

Just goes to show the level of management at the club - non existant.

I don't know if anyone saw Sammy Lee's interview after the Liverpool game yesterday? - but he was a joy to listen to.

From the BBC.

To be honest, what if Mendes or Davis had done these interviews? Would the response be the same?

To be honest, they are probably saying these things to the press, when TOLD to by the club, almost as much as to help the team believe they can still win it, since, the encouragement and support isnt coming from the stands

I'm sure you're right there, and both the press and the club are to blame for this sort of non-news, but it does get a bit tiresome and predictable. If the talk were backed up by results on the pitch, we wouldn't be stuck in "Groundhog Day" reading these responses over and over. I'm sure they believe it, which is good; I believe it is possible too, but it will take some agressive, creative thinking on the part of the Gaffer to solve our current woes, which is why I retain a healthy skepticism.

I guess some people just don't get tired of the same old bullshit, promises, the same old guttless performances, the same old inconsistant performances, the same old shitey results, the same old drivel from our players....

'we must win every game'

'we let the manager down'

'maybe it's the kick up the arse we needed'

'we'll bounce back and go on a winning run'

'we'll give our all' - should that not happen every match?

'we are all working hard and it will soon click'

Fcuk off you bunch of heartless b*stards - the pitch is where you do your talking - if our players played like the way they talked, we'd be European, SPL, CIS, Scottish and World Club Champions.

The club puts players up for interviews as all clubs do. The players generally say boring, obvious things as McCulloch does here (which is what any club wants its players to do). No need for hysteria. :)

I reckon they just take the piss when they get a hold of him sniggering and nudging each other saying

Listen to this big useless c-nt !

He shouldnt be let loose in the good name of Rangers

From the BBC.

In defence of him I doubt he left his house, phoned up Clyde 1 and demanded to be put on air.

If a journo, be it for radio, BBC or indeed the club news asks him in a conference or whatever 'do you think we can win the league' - what the heck else is Mr McCulloch gonna say.

But I do agree it gets tiring hearing the same empty rhetoric over and over again.

If Mendes had said it., the replies here would be 'see, that's the right attitude, if only his team mates had the same fire in their belly and never say die approach'.

That is how they reacted when Mendes first said 'we must win the title back from Celtic' when he joined.

Maybe people would prefer it if the players and managers showed the same, lame, defeatist attitude a multitude of fans have?

As for the same old thing, they are footballers, interviews havent changed ever! Always the same shit over and over, why would it be any different now? People dont like these interviews, purely because its players some people dislike that are doing them

was the same a while back when we dropped points and burke came out and said we'll beat them in the next 3 old firms and win the league.bawbag.

I thought the captain talked shite but he knows better, stay away from the cameras and dont say anything the bears are angry and would like to have you for lunch

If Mendes had said it., the replies here would be 'see, that's the right attitude, if only his team mates had the same fire in their belly and never say die approach'.

That is how they reacted when Mendes first said 'we must win the title back from Celtic' when he joined.

I agree, then again, he is popular. If they put his name on that interview, with the same words, the reaction would be different. Sad really

Maybe people would prefer it if the players and managers showed the same, lame, defeatist attitude a multitude of fans have?

As for the same old thing, they are footballers, interviews havent changed ever! Always the same shit over and over, why would it be any different now? People dont like these interviews, purely because its players some people dislike that are doing them

It always seems to be those struggling on the pitch that give these interviews - that does not help either. Its just not necessary. Let Walter speak.

It always seems to be those struggling on the pitch that give these interviews - that does not help either. Its just not necessary. Let Walter speak.

That also does not help :craphead:

I agree, then again, he is popular. If they put his name on that interview, with the same words, the reaction would be different. Sad really

That said, he and Davis have given a lot this season, so would be forgiven for such rhetoric. They get away with it as their ability backs it up. But comedians like Adam, Burke and McCulloch haven't given us anything on the pitch this year, and seem to try to compensate with verbal diarheaa off it.

The players have already shown this on a number of occassions this season!

Again, they should listen to Sammy Lee's interview yesterday and Liverpool in general. He said they never come out bumping their gums, they never mouth off....they just get their heads down, mind their own buisness and let their football do the talking. Most clubs do it that way yet ours, for years and years, decide to come out with the same old bullshit.

The players have already shown this on a number of occassions this season!

Again, they should listen to Sammy Lee's interview yesterday and Liverpool in general. He said they never come out bumping their gums, they never mouth off....they just get their heads down, mind their own buisness and let their football do the talking. Most clubs do it that way yet ours, for years and years, decide to come out with the same old bullshit.

How do you expect ours to do the talking on the park when we have a bunch of public park players with not one ounce of skill belief or motivation