Strikeforce

Scott-RFC

Strikeforce  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see starting up front?

• Boyd
    • Miller
    • Lafferty
    • Velicka
    • Novo

Miller and Lafferty??? don;t make me laugh, would score about 15 goals between them all season.

You don't know until you try it.

But fuck trying something new, just as long as Boyd features. The all-round performance and what works best for the team as a whole doesn't matter.

The sooner Kris Boyd is dropped or sold, the better. The longer he continues to play against the likes of Dundee United, Hearts, Motherwell, celtc, the longer we continue to drop points. I hear people telling me that when Boyd plays, we should play in a way that suits his game - bullshit. Yes we should just not fire up every ball to him but we can't change our way of playing just to suit him as we don't have the manager to get this right, we don't have the players, we lack the quality and we play in a way that suits the opposition. No player is bigger than the club and that applies when picking a team against a certain opposition.

Lafferty has not been given a chance in his proper position, when he has in the brief minutes he's played there, he's looked not too bad. Out on the left he's looked and been shite.

Lafferty looks an intelligent footballer, his link up play with Miller, Mendes and Davis could be pretty effective. He's shown that he can strike a ball, hold it up and his movement is so much better than Boyd's. I think if he was played up top, he' give defenders a lot of trouble with his movement.

Boyd should NOT be automatic choice but until w have another striker that can put the ball in the net regularly then no. Lafferty has a scoring record so far that is barely on a par with millers which siggests anything but prolific. Our curren problem is NOT the strikers it is the lack of threat from midfield and the lack of width.

Miller and Lafferty??? don;t make me laugh, would score about 15 goals between them all season.

You don't know until you try it.

But fuck trying something new, just as long as Boyd features. The all-round performance and what works best for the team as a whole doesn't matter.

The sooner Kris Boyd is dropped or sold, the better. The longer he continues to play against the likes of Dundee United, Hearts, Motherwell, celtc, the longer we continue to drop points. I hear people telling me that when Boyd plays, we should play in a way that suits his game - bullshit. Yes we should just not fire up every ball to him but we can't change our way of playing just to suit him as we don't have the manager to get this right, we don't have the players, we lack the quality and we play in a way that suits the opposition. No player is bigger than the club and that applies when picking a team against a certain opposition.

Lafferty has not been given a chance in his proper position, when he has in the brief minutes he's played there, he's looked not too bad. Out on the left he's looked and been shite.

Lafferty looks an intelligent footballer, his link up play with Miller, Mendes and Davis could be pretty effective. He's shown that he can strike a ball, hold it up and his movement is so much better than Boyd's. I think if he was played up top, he' give defenders a lot of trouble with his movement.

Boyd should NOT be automatic choice but until w have another striker that can put the ball in the net regularly then no. Lafferty has a scoring record so far that is barely on a par with millers which siggests anything but prolific. Our curren problem is NOT the strikers it is the lack of threat from midfield and the lack of width.

totally agree , we have good individuals in the midfield , but as a unit they have been poor recently

How many games has Lafferty played upfront, how many minutes on the park has he had compared to Miller?

Our problems at times are the strikers. How many chances have they had in matches that we have dropped points and not finished them, Pittodrie, Love Street and Fir Park are three examples. Against celtc and Hearts they did absolutely fcuk all. Yes they never had the service at times but they never even hurt them. For these type of matches you should go with players who are going to be more effective, that's why you leave Boyd out.

End of the day, it's all about opinions.

How many games has Lafferty played upfront, how many minutes on the park has he had compared to Miller?

Our problems at times are the strikers. How many chances have they had in matches that we have dropped points and not finished them, Pittodrie, Love Street and Fir Park are three examples. Against celtc and Hearts they did absolutely fcuk all. Yes they never had the service at times but they never even hurt them. For these type of matches you should go with players who are going to be more effective, that's why you leave Boyd out.

there must be a valid reason why lafferty isn't getting played upfront muff, he has surely been outed there in training and it must not be coming off for him.

there must be a valid reason why lafferty isn't getting played upfront muff, he has surely been outed there in training and it must not be coming off for him.

That suggests you trusts Smiths judgement on a player, which surely cannot be the case?

That suggests you trusts Smiths judgement on a player, which surely cannot be the case?

correct i don't but he has a team (questionable that they are) who are just not seeing the kyle lafferty that can play up front. Who would you want upfront 2007?

correct i don't but he has a team (questionable that they are) who are just not seeing the kyle lafferty that can play up front. Who would you want upfront 2007?

For the majority of games id go with Novo and Boyd

For the tougher games id go with Lafferty and Novo

For the majority of games id go with Novo and Boyd

For the tougher games id go with Lafferty and Novo

see personally i can't see what lafferty is going to bring to us that miller doesn't already.

You won't until he's given the chance. He could be brilliant, he could be fcuking brutal. We don't know until we try it - and Smith has made far more stranger decisions. I don't see the problem with trying out a player we paid £3.5m for in his proper position?

I'd be very hesitant to put Lafferty up front, that's why I chose Boyd/Miller because it's the best we've got.

There was a good post on here a while ago from a N.I. Bear who has watched all of Lafferty's starts up front at international level- nothing special, and nothing to rave about. If he couldn't cement a place up front with Burnley, what makes you think he is going to be this revelation for us?

And while his play on the wing isn't totally comparable to what he could do up front, the signs aren't encouraging. His ball control, first touch, vision, and instincts seem to be very mediocre, and these are traits every decent striker needs. Of course Boyd/Miller are not world class at any of those things, but they look to be a hell of a lot better than Lafferty.

I know he's young and everything, but me thinks we wasted 3.5 million on him.

Boyd and Miller for me.

Novo, Naismith and Lafferty are all possible starters depending on the opposition, but could also be played wide.

Velicka is the odd man out at the moment IMO.