Victory means more to Boyd than scoring

RANGERS striker Kris Boyd is determined to rediscover his goalscoring form this weekend but admits a win over Inverness is more important than him adding his name to the scoresheet.

Boyd found the back of the net in six successive matches until drawing a blank in last week's Old Firm derby.

The 1-0 defeat to Celtic leaves Rangers trailing their rivals by seven points in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League and Boyd admits points are far more important than personal plaudits.

He said: "Like any striker I love scoring goals and want to score as many as I can but the team is the most important thing and winning at Inverness on Sunday is my only priority."

Boyd boasts an impressive tally of 18 goals this season but he knows he has to work on other aspects of his game to ensure he remains a part of Walter Smith's plans this season. He said: "There is more to being a footballer than just getting goals and you can never rest on your laurels."

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Victor...Boyd.4838485.jp

RANGERS striker Kris Boyd is determined to rediscover his goalscoring form this weekend but admits a win over Inverness is more important than him adding his name to the scoresheet.

Boyd found the back of the net in six successive matches until drawing a blank in last week's Old Firm derby.

The 1-0 defeat to Celtic leaves Rangers trailing their rivals by seven points in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League and Boyd admits points are far more important than personal plaudits.

He said: "Like any striker I love scoring goals and want to score as many as I can but the team is the most important thing and winning at Inverness on Sunday is my only priority."

Boyd boasts an impressive tally of 18 goals this season but he knows he has to work on other aspects of his game to ensure he remains a part of Walter Smith's plans this season. He said: "There is more to being a footballer than just getting goals and you can never rest on your laurels."

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Victor...Boyd.4838485.jp

well he has certainly changed his tune, lets hope he makes up with burley. :rolleyes:

There is more to being a footballer than just getting goals

Well said that man - I wish some on here would also realise that at times.

It is a true statement Muff, unfortunately for Boyd some people expect Ronaldo for £400K, the biggest problem we have is that Boyd is still our best option, Walter would not know a scout of he sat on his face and only seems to be able to buy players that have played against us. As a team we were pish on Saturday (should still have won the game imo) but the level of criticism aimed at Boyd is out of order imo.

It does seem to me that he is taking on board the criticism and working at other aspects of his game.

another player mouthing of after failing to deliver sounds like bs to me as well as he strikes me as selfish and greedy

would you rather they came out and said "F*ck it we're a load of pish?" and ruin the credibility of the club?