Ferguson

He didnt touch the ball for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and was off the park receiving treatment when Mendes scored.

if he was still involved, Davis wouldnt have been central and wouldnt have been able to link up superbly with Novo and Mendes.

Hes a liability

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson was only good in the 2nd half today because he played where he should!

In the first half Mendes stayed deep and Ferguson tried to get forward but it just didnt work...

Once Fergie sat back not only did he make some crucial interceptions and good tackles, he allowed Mendes to go forward and we looked much more balanced as a result!

Ferguson played some nice balls, put in some hard tackles and i thought he was brilliant in the second half because he was playing the more defensive role.

Ferguson of old might have got some goals and set up a few chances but with Mendes in the team he should stay back and allow Pedro the freedom to create chances!

In the first half Mendes stayed deep and Ferguson tried to get forward but it just didnt work...

Once Fergie sat back not only did he make some crucial interceptions and good tackles, he allowed Mendes to go forward and we looked much more balanced as a result!

Ferguson played some nice balls, put in some hard tackles and i thought he was brilliant in the second half because he was playing the more defensive role.

Ferguson of old might have got some goals and set up a few chances but with Mendes in the team he should stay back and allow Pedro the freedom to create chances!

(tu)

Id watch the game again mate.

He was 1 of the worst players on the park........ And we all know who the other player who was murder was.

Played in his natural role holding midfield.Our man of the match in the 2nd half.Good to see flashes that he can still be what he was for us.Would have liked some of the younger boys to get a run out today rather than whittaker.

why do people always think Ferguson lays well hes pish

exactly

Id watch the game again mate.

He was 1 of the worst players on the park........ And we all know who the other player who was murder was.

In the 1st half he was awful but in the second he was good!

He cleared at least 3 dangerous balls into the box and put in a few good tackles, the one on Cowie at the edge of the box was a belter, hard and clean a tackle that Thomson would have been proud of!

I would much rather Ferguson sat back and picked up the ball then played out of the defense, than Weir or Broadfoot get it and just hump it long!

Ferguson - MOTM in the 2nd half <cr>

What about Mendes, Davis?

Mendes was obviously MOM, but, the OP has a good point. 2nd half, ferguson played the holding role, as he SHOULD in this side, and it let Davis and Mendes push up, which had its obvious benefits. He put a fair few good tackles and blocks in, and, played well for me. Hopefully, when you said he was finished, you meant as an AM, which, I hope so too. He had a good 2nd half.

I still prefer Thomson there, but, If Ferguson keeps in that role, allowing those 2 to attack, we can all be hapy

Mendes was obviously MOM, but, the OP has a good point. 2nd half, ferguson played the holding role, as he SHOULD in this side, and it let Davis and Mendes push up, which had its obvious benefits. He put a fair few good tackles and blocks in, and, played well for me. Hopefully, when you said he was finished, you meant as an AM, which, I hope so too. He had a good 2nd half.

I still prefer Thomson there, but, If Ferguson keeps in that role, allowing those 2 to attack, we can all be hapy

(tu)

(tu)

Agreed. Not MOTM but he played quite well.

Played in his natural role holding midfield.Our man of the match in the 2nd half.Good to see flashes that he can still be what he was for us.Would have liked some of the younger boys to get a run out today rather than whittaker.

I agree mate, Ferguson was in his best postion and was our man of the match. Although its going to take more than one good performance for him to show hees back to best.

:rangers::rangers::rangers: