When was....

Muff

Porto at Ibrox.

That is the last time I remember him playing at the peak of his abilities.

He outclassed their entire midfield - and that included Brazil's Diego.

This is the last '02-03-esque' performance i can remember from Ferguson.

Porto had Diego and Lucho Gonzalez in the middle, we had Ferguson and Ian Murray. He and Prso dragged the team kicking and screaming to victory that night.

Barry has been poor since his return but who do we replace him with in the current squad.

Edu.

That's right the guy who says he finds reserve games too fast and aggressive.

I would suggest restricting Ferguson to playing in front of the back 4 and tell him he cannot play every role in the same game.

agree totally

For me, his last standout game, wasnt a game, it was the 2nd half on Sunday, doing exactly that. He sat, and let Mendes, then Davis, run things in an attacking sense, and we looked all the better for it.

Also, as I have said before, I still prefer Thomson in that role however,

Porto at Ibrox.

That is the last time I remember him playing at the peak of his abilities.

He outclassed their entire midfield - and that included Brazil's Diego.

This is the last '02-03-esque' performance i can remember from Ferguson.

Porto had Diego and Lucho Gonzalez in the middle, we had Ferguson and Ian Murray. He and Prso dragged the team kicking and screaming to victory that night.

I think that goes well with my point, he is aging, and, midfielders tend to drop back with age. People remember games like that and expect him to put in those performances, when it clearly isnt his game anymore, Davis and Mendes are far better at it now, so his role needs to change as above, which leaves him in the role most people dont notice, its less glamourous, but, still important

Barry has been poor since his return but who do we replace him with in the current squad.

Edu.

I would suggest restricting Ferguson to playing in front of the back 4 and tell him he cannot play every role in the same game.

agree totally

For me, his last standout game, wasnt a game, it was the 2nd half on Sunday, doing exactly that. He sat, and let Mendes, then Davis, run things in an attacking sense, and we looked all the better for it.

needs to be done more often. Ferguson can still do a job for us but I'd rather Mendes and Davis run the attacking side of our game

There were some last season.

Stuttgart (2-1), Celtic (3-0), Hibs (2-1), Hearts (4-0) and Dundee Utd (3-1)

Just the ones I remember.

there was also the Hearts Semi final played great then - but apart from that what has he ever done ?????? You have to laugh at the anti-Barry brigade. I just wonder when Thomson returns how many games he will get to get back to peak fitness ? I suspect a lot more time than Barry got - and no one seems to mention he gets better week by week. (which IMHO he does).

Edu.

agree totally

needs to be done more often. Ferguson can still do a job for us but I'd rather Mendes and Davis run the attacking side of our game

every time! (tu)

There were some last season.

Stuttgart (2-1), Celtic (3-0), Hibs (2-1), Hearts (4-0) and Dundee Utd (3-1)

Just the ones I remember.

there was also the Hearts Semi final played great then - but apart from that what has he ever done ?????? You have to laugh at the anti-Barry brigade. I just wonder when Thomson returns how many games he will get to get back to peak fitness ? I suspect a lot more time than Barry got - and no one seems to mention he gets better week by week. (which IMHO he does).

Thomson will get plenty of games. However they will mainly bounce games and reserve team level games.

He wont be 'shoehorned' back into the first team depiste his glaring lack of match fitness.

If Ferguson is still lacking in match fitness then Smith should take him out the firing line and make him play at reserve team level to allow him to improve his fitness.

Thats what would happen if it was any other player.