Time for Dirty Dave ?

D'Artagnan

Without Doubt Sir David came off looking better than Reid in this exchange.

Thats obviously a matter of opinion.

Maybe so but you present half the story of the exchange, one that would paint the chaiman in a poor light.

You would probably be better telling the full story next time. He used his media savvy well on this occasion and made Reid rush in and end up with egg on his face, like you (i would imagine) i wish he would use it more often.

If the thread has been about the recent exchange between Murray and Reid then it would have been prudent to lead the whole story of the exchange.

But it wasnt - its about their continual refusal to play by the rules, hence the subsequent comparisons.

Now perhaps General, you could wipe that yoke from your chin.

Errrrr D'Art......

This is a yoke........yokell6.jpg w500.png

I'm in pedant heaven!!!

If you read GCLs post again, i dont think he was saying that YOU had egg on your face, but that you agreed with him in his wish that SDM would use this "media savvy" a bit more often.

Bp9 & Vasily.....what a surprise, usual suspects. :2g:

Inverness High School obviously taught you well young man. ;)

It was all those days i spent with my desk directly outside the headmasters office. :blush:

Ammended accordingly WVB (tu) - fancy a job as my proof reader & spellchecker ?

Is it a cash-in-hand job? I preferred the title "publsiher". :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Doubt Sir David came off looking better than Reid in this exchange.

Thats obviously a matter of opinion.

Maybe so but you present half the story of the exchange, one that would paint the chaiman in a poor light.

You would probably be better telling the full story next time. He used his media savvy well on this occasion and made Reid rush in and end up with egg on his face, like you (i would imagine) i wish he would use it more often.

If the thread has been about the recent exchange between Murray and Reid then it would have been prudent to lead the whole story of the exchange.

But it wasnt - its about their continual refusal to play by the rules, hence the subsequent comparisons.

You misrepresented the exchange as part of your general point, anyway i agree with your general point in this case so it probably is of little consequence

Any misinterpretation was not deliberate GLC, I can assure you - I just felt Reid's response was enough to demonstrate that they are not prepared to observe unwritten rules of etiquette, without quoting SDM's subsequent response.

Generally while I was pleased that Murray (and Bain) got involved in this debate last year I'm not so sure they handled it well enough. Certainly the issue has died down (for now) but I'd much prefer a more aggressive stance (either privately or publicly).

I thought Bain's response to the Famine Song debacle was excellent to be honest. But such a stout reply needs to be part and parcel of a much wider policy of defending the club and the support.

His comments in that statement demonstrate they are acutely aware of the lack of parity in this whole issue.

Generally while I was pleased that Murray (and Bain) got involved in this debate last year I'm not so sure they handled it well enough. Certainly the issue has died down (for now) but I'd much prefer a more aggressive stance (either privately or publicly).

I thought Bain's response to the Famine Song debacle was excellent to be honest. But such a stout reply needs to be part and parcel of a much wider policy of defending the club and the support.

His comments in that statement demonstrate they are acutely aware of the lack of parity in this whole issue.

Agreed.

The club have shown they obviously agree with the support's concerns in many ways.

They just need to take the extra step of not just commenting on it but addressing the issue to our satisfaction.

In the original article SDM mentioned the political arena that Reid was once involved in, now we all know that SDM will sell once he finds an interested party who he feels will take the club forward and have the club's interests at heart. Now SDM has been linked with a move into politics and is it possible that his actions/lack of actions stem from this as he has one eye on his own future?

In the original article SDM mentioned the political arena that Reid was once involved in, now we all know that SDM will sell once he finds an interested party who he feels will take the club forward and have the club's interests at heart. Now SDM has been linked with a move into politics and is it possible that his actions/lack of actions stem from this as he has one eye on his own future?

Someone as rich as SDM couldn't possibly be that cynical.

Someone as rich as SDM couldn't possibly be that cynical.

Why would he need to go into politics - he can just buy their opinions for a few grand at fundraisers!