Time for Dirty Dave ?

D'Artagnan

Well Sir David.

How are you feeling now that your attempts to re-establish the code which sees OF chairmen not criticising each other’s clubs have fallen on... as they say...on deaf ears ? Actually let me re-phrase that...have been rejected completely.

How did you put it again ?

“I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition - but I am a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John and I think he's got to be careful and realise he's not barracking in the House of Commons any longer.”

Forgive me Sir David...but “a wee bit concerned” ???? Er ....might I respectfully suggest that rather than be “a wee bit concerned” you are screaming at the walls with rage till you are blue in the face.

And his response to you was as follows...

We all want to be a little indulgent to David on his twentieth anniversary, but I'm not entirely sure of the points he is trying to make regarding inference and innuendo.

“In any case, no one should be under any illusion that in defending the welfare of Celtic and our supporters I will continue to comment when appropriate, without fear or favour.

Quite simply Sir David...he told you to get stuffed.

But I’ll bet inside he was laughing with delight. Given his unpopularity with certain sections of the dark side support I’m sure this latest joust of public sparring will have done him no harm whatsoever in the popularity stakes.

But he does deserve some credit. You see while you are playing by the rules...the unspoken code..he with his “House of Commons barracking” is making sure our club gets well and truly shafted. And that’s what he has realised during his short tenure...which despite your 20 years at the helm you have not quite grasped....

We are in a war here – and all is fair in love and war. And if you keep trying to play by the rules we are continually going to get shafted.

Perhaps in a country with an impartial media you could have hoped for a fair hearing...a sense of balance and partiality, but we all know that is a forlorn hope. Buts that certainly another time and another place, in the Scotland we live in and know today.

You see while you are going overboard about banners about offended buses and One Scotland etc banners, in an attempt to appear whiter than white, (to such an extent I may add that you have alienated much of the Rangers support) they channel their energies to actually defending their fans and players.

When their night out in Newcastle went Pete Tong a few years ago and the Record led with the banner “Thugs and Thieves” the following Saturday at Parkhead they displayed the headline on their big screens. The intention was quite clear – don’t buy it.

Contrast this with Ron McKay making light of the Ibrox Disaster in the Sunday Herald – how do we respond ? We gave them prime advertising space at Ibrox.

Whilst you were kicking Donald Findlay out of Ibrox for his karaoke antics, or fining Big Boab for his autograph signing...they were denying and defending Pearson and Hartson for their IRA karaoke antics. It was so bad that even Nil By Mouth were critical of the Celtic “investigation”

When a St Mirren tannoy announcer implored them to stop singing sectarian songs at Love Street, Lawell came out with the gem that there singing may be offensive but it was.... “political rather than sectarian”

As Boy Wonder would say to the Dark Knight...”Holy Toledo” There was me thinking that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA all these years. Let me re-phrase that..."Holy Deflection Batman"

Quite simply Sir David this latest exchange between you and Reid should serve as a wake up call. They will not play by the rules and will do anything to defend the name of their club. For goodness sake they even covered up child abuse at the club for fear of the damage it would cause. That’s the kind of people we are dealing with. Thats the lengths they will go to.

So long as you continue to play by the rules you will continue to find our club and its support on the back foot.

I repeat...All is fair in love and war. We love our club and its in a war.

Time to get dirty Mr Chairman. And if you cant do it - get someone who can.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er - normally like your posts BUT this one is a bit outdated as this subject was last months topic - or are you just sobering up after a longg December ? Quite a rant you got going there against a great Chairman.

Well Sir David.

How are you feeling now that your attempts to re-establish the code which sees OF chairmen not criticising each other’s clubs have fallen on... as they say...on deaf ears ? Actually let me re-phrase that...have been rejected completely.

How did you put it again ?

“I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition - but I am a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John and I think he's got to be careful and realise he's not barracking in the House of Commons any longer.”

Forgive me Sir David...but “a wee bit concerned” ???? Er ....might I respectfully suggest that rather than be “a wee bit concerned” you are screaming at the walls with rage till you are blue in the face.

And his response to you was as follows...

We all want to be a little indulgent to David on his twentieth anniversary, but I'm not entirely sure of the points he is trying to make regarding inference and innuendo.

“In any case, no one should be under any illusion that in defending the welfare of Celtic and our supporters I will continue to comment when appropriate, without fear or favour.

Quite simply Sir David...he told you to get stuffed.

But I’ll bet inside he was laughing with delight. Given his unpopularity with certain sections of the dark side support I’m sure this latest joust of public sparring will have done him no harm whatsoever in the popularity stakes.

But he does deserve some credit. You see while you are playing by the rules...the unspoken code..he with his “House of Commons barracking” is making sure our club gets well and truly shafted. And that’s what he has realised during his short tenure...which despite your 20 years at the helm you have not quite grasped....

We are in a war here – and all is fair in love and war. And if you keep trying to play by the rules we are continually going to get shafted.

Perhaps in a country with an impartial media you could have hoped for a fair hearing...a sense of balance and partiality, but we all know that is a forlorn hope. Buts that certainly another time and another place, in the Scotland we live in and know today.

You see while you are going overboard about banners about offended buses and One Scotland etc banners, in an attempt to appear whiter than white, (to such an extent I may add that you have alienated much of the Rangers support) they channel their energies to actually defending their fans and players.

When their night out in Newcastle went Pete Tong a few years ago and the Record led with the banner “Thugs and Thieves” the following Saturday at Parkhead they displayed the headline on their big screens. The intention was quite clear – don’t buy it.

Contrast this with Ron McKay making light of the Ibrox Disaster in the Sunday Herald – how do we respond ? We gave them prime advertising space at Ibrox.

Whilst you were kicking Donald Findlay out of Ibrox for his karaoke antics, or fining Big Boab for his autograph signing...they were denying and defending Pearson and Hartson for their IRA karaoke antics. It was so bad that even Nil By Mouth were critical of the Celtic “investigation”

When a St Mirren tannoy announcer implored them to stop singing sectarian songs at Love Street, Lawell came out with the gem that there singing may be offensive but it was.... “political rather than sectarian”

As Boy Wonder would say to the Dark Knight...”Holy Toledo” There was me thinking that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA all these years. Let me re-phrase that..."Holy Deflection Batman"

Quite simply Sir David this latest exchange between you and Reid should serve as a wake up call. They will not play by the rules and will do anything to defend the name of their club. For goodness sake they even covered up child abuse at the club for fear of the damage it would cause. That’s the kind of people we are dealing with. Thats the lengths they will go to.

So long as you continue to play by the rules you will continue to find our club and its support on the back foot.

I repeat...All is fair in love and war. We love our club and its in a war.

Time to get dirty Mr Chairman. And if you cant do it - get someone who can.

(tu)

Er - normally like your posts BUT this one is a bit outdated as this subject was last months topic - or are you just sobering up after a longg December ? Quite a rant you got going there against a great Chairman.

Well next time you see our club getting shafted again...and we maintain a dignified silence....tell me its "outdated"

A week & more has passed Bp9. You are, once again, talking bollocks. :pipe:

Excellent post, maybe because SDM has finally appointed some form of PR team he is now also fed up and has decided to take a more verbal action, remember, we might have been waiting for years for a more outspoken approach, but it's something that can't happen over night.

When SDM/Walter/Rangers whoever spoke at the different times the press automatically blew certain things out of proportion and twisted anything said to create another slur against us to that end there wasn't actually any benefit in saying anything, good example is the Dundee scenario, SDM said some website forum members spout different types of bile etc, but not once did he mention the word secretarianism, but the press did, they put their own spin on it.

This PR team will be backed up by lawyers etc, and it will be over the next couple of months before we will see if there is any positive effect for the fans, i.e. showing support for the vast majority of the fans, as even you must agree there is a very small minority who say they support Rangers but still deliberately go out of their way to be difficult and probably without meaning to, get Rangers into trouble.

With regards to Mhedia though that is always going to be out of our control as the press appoint who they want and will print the "truth" as they see it. It will only be cases which can be classed as more libelous (spelling) where Rangers could take legal action, and what would happen then, a small paragraph apologising.

Can't you just debate against the point instead of making a cheap wee childish dig against a very intelligent man? That opening post deserved a better response.

A very good read D'Art. :unionflag:

Can't you just debate against the point instead of making a cheap wee childish dig against a very intelligent man? That opening post deserved a better response.

Cheers Davy

I think some on here are desperate to win "the most contraversial poster award" :mutley:

Cheers Davy

I think some on here are desperate to win "the most contraversial poster award" :mutley:

:ohmy: A spelling error from D'Art?

Someone call an ambulance.

Cheers Davy

He must be a Tim!

Cheers Davy

:lol:

Cheers Davy

Outed !!!

Honest it was a typo error...and it wiz oanly wan word...

Murray has been criticised for not speaking out enough but when he does.......he still gets criticised.

I don't see any problem with what he said. Reid obviously made his reply, but his response didn't do Murray or Rangers any harm.

And it's only one quotation from the 'statement' or interview that Murray gave. I thought he put his view across in a well judged manner.

I do find it has changed since John Reid has come in. I know he represents a broad church of Airdrie and Shotts people and it's very easy now to be brave and cross that line when he doesn't need to be voted back into office.

......I'm disappointed in some of the quotes that John has said.

I know that members of his political party encouraged the Famine Song to become a public item in the agenda. I received letters from Labour MPs and Scottish Office ministers which backed John and made it a bigger story than it would have been.

.......are many other things in society and I think that John must agree he's not in the House of Commons now, barracking people across the chamber. We're now in the West of Scotland world of Rangers and Celtic and I think we all have a responsibility to act in a sensible manner. The fact of the matter is that he can afford to be brave because he doesn't have to be elected again and I think there's a strong argument, especially in the west of Scotland that to have a politician in charge of a football club is verging on the dangerous.

A week & more has passed Bp9. You are, once again, talking bollocks. :pipe:

Ah ha - WVB is alive - after hiding 'cause you didn't want to admit I was right - again!!

Can't you just debate against the point instead of making a cheap wee childish dig against a very intelligent man? That opening post deserved a better response.A very good read D'Art. :unionflag:

No - it didn't.