Witch-hunt

Chef

Ferguson - been injured, has been good for us but still seems hes an unwanted man, to me he is a ranger and should say till the end of the season. cant do without him, as i said if we get injuries we may regret it, i dont blame him for wanting a new contract, good on ya fergie.

Boyd - minority feel we should ship our goal getter of the season and every season, why ? so we can perish for the rest of the season and hope that someone can get the goals he does, not likely, fair play to you boyd for speaking out for barry, why not he is part of our club and only shows a good bond in the team, good on u boydie.

McGregor - feel its an absolute shame people are calling for his head, whats he done that any other keeper hasnt, had a wee wobble, big deal, he doesnt seem to get any praise now, even his save from cally which was certain to be a goal. gets stick for coming out and defending himself with the parking bay incident, quite right why shouldnt he defend himself. seems all to easy to forget what he did last season.

seems to some and certainly myself that there is a bit of bias between these players in our squad, if you take these three out we may still have a midfield but we aint gonna get near the tally of goals we have achieved.

i also feel if these were to go now the heart of the squad is gone, why is it when there are so many other underperforming players these are the target,

I disagree with yo about McGregor. I still think he's prone to a a few errors. Cost us a few points when Alexander should have been in goal. Cannae mind Alexander having "a wee wobble", guy got his shot in goals, never made a mistake and he got papped out. Didn't think that was right. But Shagger has been better in recent weeks. I don't want a Rangers player to be in the papers every week which might affect his performance on the pitch.

yup ok but he has let a couple in which to me could have been saved, in hindsight we can say he could have or he could have but do you feel mcgregor doesnt deserve the first pick due to a wee lapse, if he is dropped it will effect his performance and it looks like he is coming good, was being touted as a 10mill keeper last season now he aint worthy of being in goal to some. in my opinion i dont think alexander is good enough for the rangers number 1, if we sold mcgregor i would hope they would buy a good replacement.

Boyd's ok if you're getting the ball into the box with ease.

If the team's not getting it in the box, then he's useless, since he doesn't contribute to getting it in there.

Ferguson has failed to hit the heights, barring an odd fleeting glimpse, since his return.

McGregor seems unreliable these days.

If the team's not getting it in the box, then he's useless, since he doesn't contribute to getting it in there.

Ferguson has failed to hit the heights, barring an odd fleeting glimpse, since his return.

Agree with pretty much all of that...

Although i feel that in recent weeks, bar the Celtic game, even if Boyd doesnt score he still contributes which would not have happened the past 2 seaons...I agree as well that we dont sometimes get the service to him and that does limit his game but the same can be said for other great strikers who dont do much else but score!

Agree with pretty much all of that...

Although i feel that in recent weeks, bar the Celtic game, even if Boyd doesnt score he still contributes which would not have happened the past 2 seaons...I agree as well that we dont sometimes get the service to him and that does limit his game but the same can be said for other great strikers who dont do much else but score!

AGREED

Ferguson - been injured, has been good for us but still seems hes an unwanted man, to me he is a ranger and should say till the end of the season. cant do without him, as i said if we get injuries we may regret it, i dont blame him for wanting a new contract, good on ya fergie.

Boyd - minority feel we should ship our goal getter of the season and every season, why ? so we can perish for the rest of the season and hope that someone can get the goals he does, not likely, fair play to you boyd for speaking out for barry, why not he is part of our club and only shows a good bond in the team, good on u boydie.

McGregor - feel its an absolute shame people are calling for his head, whats he done that any other keeper hasnt, had a wee wobble, big deal, he doesnt seem to get any praise now, even his save from cally which was certain to be a goal. gets stick for coming out and defending himself with the parking bay incident, quite right why shouldnt he defend himself. seems all to easy to forget what he did last season.

seems to some and certainly myself that there is a bit of bias between these players in our squad, if you take these three out we may still have a midfield but we aint gonna get near the tally of goals we have achieved.

i also feel if these were to go now the heart of the squad is gone, why is it when there are so many other underperforming players these are the target,

It's not really a fair comparison to make between the squad as it is now and the squad with three of our first team players simply removed: clearly the squad is better now in that situation. In reality we'd be replacing all three of these players, so until we know who those replacements are you can't say for certain that the team would be worse.

However, the real reason why these three are targeted is that they represent the kind of players who some fans perceive as holding us back from becoming the successful, well run, modern European club we'd like to be. Leaving aside any discussions of how good these players are (two of them I have serious doubts over and one of them is no more than average in my opinion) they're seen as a clique which stubbornly clings to the old outdated principles of the past - the drinking culture is acceptable, fitness and looking after your body is an afterthought, you don't need to master the basics of modern possession football because you can score goals (Boyd), being a Rangers man and a leader on the pitch necessarily makes you the first name on the teamsheet (Ferguson), etc. Rightly or wrongly these players are associated with these ideas and that's why they're a target for some of those who would like to see the club reformed along modern European lines.

McGregor seems unreliable these days.

What you said. (tu)