Are we in danger of running out of cash?

Bluedell

Do you know what is really interesting? How many posters do you think have read this thread and then gone into the Boyd thread and slated Murray for letting him leave?

I don't often have sympathy for the man but for those of us who can see the big picture there isn't much else Murray can do. If he doesn't sell our assets and we fail to qualify for the Champions League next season the club is as good as bust. Sacrifices have to be made, it is all well and good blaming people for the situation we are in but we also need to realise that the only way out of trouble is through selling.

There will certainly be much more of that to come.

Its a fair point, but, at the same time, if we sell all our assets, those are the players that we need to qualify, the time to sell would be IF we didnt qualify, surely doing it now decreases the chances of qualifying?

The 2nd part being, easier to sell them if we have to in the summer, than to have to go out and buy a team capable of competing if we DO qualify

It is because of our heavy spending and not qualifying this season that has led to us having to sell our players. If we don't recoup those losses the debt is only going to increase. If we take the gamble of not selling our stars and then not qualify next season there won't be time to sell players after that.

It would be catastrophic.

So, should we sell off our best players now, and take the defeatist approach, or, supremely confident appraoch really, which means going into qualifers (I am assuming that after we strip the squad, it will be a team of McCulloch and Dailly and the like which will not win the league) with a shit team hoping to get through?

I would rather take the risk and give us the best chance of both. Win the league, stright to the group stages, nothing to worry about, finish 2nd, then, all summer to adjust the squad

That cannot happen mate, the banks will dictate so. If they see us being stagnant when it comes to reducing the debt this season then they are going to come down hard on us before we even get a chance to participate in next season's qualifiers.

I'm no expert on the subject so Bluedell will have to confirm this but i'm positive that unless we reach ouroverdraft limit, which will happen at the current rate before the season finishes, then Murray will have to either walk away or inject more if his own cash into the club.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what is really interesting? How many posters do you think have read this thread and then gone into the Boyd thread and slated Murray for letting him leave?

I don't often have sympathy for the man but for those of us who can see the big picture there isn't much else Murray can do. If he doesn't sell our assets and we fail to qualify for the Champions League next season the club is as good as bust. Sacrifices have to be made, it is all well and good blaming people for the situation we are in but we also need to realise that the only way out of trouble is through selling.

There will certainly be much more of that to come.

Its a fair point, but, at the same time, if we sell all our assets, those are the players that we need to qualify, the time to sell would be IF we didnt qualify, surely doing it now decreases the chances of qualifying?

The 2nd part being, easier to sell them if we have to in the summer, than to have to go out and buy a team capable of competing if we DO qualify

It is because of our heavy spending and not qualifying this season that has led to us having to sell our players. If we don't recoup those losses the debt is only going to increase. If we take the gamble of not selling our stars and then not qualify next season there won't be time to sell players after that.

It would be catastrophic.

So, should we sell off our best players now, and take the defeatist approach, or, supremely confident appraoch really, which means going into qualifers (I am assuming that after we strip the squad, it will be a team of McCulloch and Dailly and the like which will not win the league) with a shit team hoping to get through?

I would rather take the risk and give us the best chance of both. Win the league, stright to the group stages, nothing to worry about, finish 2nd, then, all summer to adjust the squad

That cannot happen mate, the banks will dictate so. If they see us being stagnant when it comes to reducing the debt this season then they are going to come down hard on us before we even get a chance to participate in next season's qualifiers.

I'm no expert on the subject so Bluedell will have to confirm this but i'm positive that unless we reach ouroverdraft limit, which will happen at the current rate before the season finishes, then Murray will have to either walk away or inject more if his own cash into the club.

The financial situation may be worse than I have calcuulated and it could be that we don't have the option but to sell. If we have reached the limit of our credit then we would not be able to function and pay the wages.

If we take the approach of Outlaw and we don't qualify we could be taking a gamble with the future of the club.

I posted on another site info I was given by two old and trusted friends ,that Rangers had through Willie MacKay notified clubs in England that EVERY first team player was available for transfer.

After this was posted for two days I was phoned and asked to get it removed as one of my friends was gettin serious grief about thi info being in the public domain , it also transpires that certain journalists know about this and are debating whether to run the story now or wait till the bigger picture emerges , a picture that aint going to look rosey for us

willie Mackay is acting on behalf of players that he doesn't represent or he isjust tellign people we are willing to sell anyone.

Both sound very unlikely

Also journalists sitting on a story to wait for facts....i've heard it all now....... <_<

Willie MacKay has been appointed to represent newcastle on all plaayers transfers , he doesn't need to represent any players , also Murray has told MacKay to inform clubs that all first team players are available, also dont know if you have been reading he papers but 7 of our first team have been linked with moves away and there has hardly been a cheep from our leaders .

lastly if you think Rangers selling a few players is a bigger story than Rangers going to the wall well that's up to you , I know this is fact as I know the journalist involved and they aint printing anything yet

No good news in January then!

Will Aaron then get a chance? Youngsters coming through?

Walter and his 7m spend on strikers before the Kaunas debacle sunk the ship!

Agreed. Some terrible decisions taken.

However, I think the problems lie further back. When we were winning 9 in a row and sitting on our laurels, we should have been tapping the expat communities, setting up training academies in Africa, N America and Asia and positioning ourselves for the global marketplace that was ever more obvious as the 90's rolled by.

Short termism has led us to this precipice and who knows what comes next.

I posted on another site info I was given by two old and trusted friends ,that Rangers had through Willie MacKay notified clubs in England that EVERY first team player was available for transfer.

After this was posted for two days I was phoned and asked to get it removed as one of my friends was gettin serious grief about thi info being in the public domain , it also transpires that certain journalists know about this and are debating whether to run the story now or wait till the bigger picture emerges , a picture that aint going to look rosey for us

willie Mackay is acting on behalf of players that he doesn't represent or he isjust tellign people we are willing to sell anyone.

Both sound very unlikely

Also journalists sitting on a story to wait for facts....i've heard it all now....... <_<

Willie MacKay has been appointed to represent newcastle on all plaayers transfers , he doesn't need to represent any players , also Murray has told MacKay to inform clubs that all first team players are available, also dont know if you have been reading he papers but 7 of our first team have been linked with moves away and there has hardly been a cheep from our leaders .

lastly if you think Rangers selling a few players is a bigger story than Rangers going to the wall well that's up to you , I know this is fact as I know the journalist involved and they aint printing anything yet

Oh so we are going to the wall now and your jhourno mate is sitting on the story........tell your mate he isn't very goodf at his job if he is telling half of Glasgow instead of printing it as an exclusive in his rag.........

The rst of your post is barely worth a reply......

Both sound very unlikely

Oh so we are going to the wall now and your jhourno mate is sitting on the story........tell your mate he isn't very goodf at his job if he is telling half of Glasgow instead of printing it as an exclusive in his rag.........

The rst of your post is barely worth a reply......

well why bother then , sorry to waste your precious time but arseholes like you are one of the reasons we are in this mess , constantly accepting that everything is ok and nothing bad will ever happen to us because Sir Dodgy is in charge , well general cartmanlee or should that be custer you better get a grip and realise what is happening in front of your very eyes .

Sorry but I do not hold editorial decisions for national papers , they must have a reason and the info given so far has been bang on , and he is pretty goodf ( what ever that is meant to mean )at his job

You would be better going back to sticking your nose up murrays arse