Mendes Can't Leave in this window

andyboy66

I'm sure BBC Radio Scotland have got it totally wrong, the only competitive game that Mendes played in was the Charity Shield prior to the new season starting. It doesn't count as a competitive match in the same way an EPL game or European game counts.

He joined us on the 15 August 2008, the last official game he played for Portsmouth was the FA Cup final on 17 May 2008. As for the Carling Cup, EPL clubs don't play in the first round which started roughly the 12 August, and the EPL clubs come into the competition until about a month later.

Their first game in the EPL was on 17 August I believe, after Mendes signed for us, the only possibility depends on the rulings for friendlies, as Portsmouth played a friendly on the 11 August against a team called Gosport Borough, don't know if Mendes played though?

its kinda clear that you don't really know - no offense but its been getting on my nerves when everybody has been criticising me for saying he cant leave. also if the sfa have confirmed this then its not in the equation that the bbc have got it wrong.

You want specifics? I'll make it very specific for you, I said roughly and about because not every team plays on the exact same date, as I said he joined us on the 15 August, I'm sure you're not questioning that?

Portsmouth fixtures: 10 August Charity Shield this doesn't count as I'm sure you're aware. 11 August a friendly, I honestly don't know if they do count. 17 August (after he signed for us) the first EPL game of the season. Portsmouth didn't feature in the Carling Cup until the 24 September. So actually I do know what I'm talking about.

yeah ok fair enough, ill bend over and take my spanking!

it just used to piss me off the number of people who would come on here and talk a load of pish just to sound intelligent.

however i have learned that you are intelligent

consider your arse kissed :hail:

:lol:

No probs, not intelligent mate, I just do my research first. :D

nobody is interested in him , lets hope it stays that way

Newcastle were after him on loan... <_<

Newcastle seem to be after every man and his dog getting! :rolleyes:

Yeah however Murray was quoted in the Daily Mail that contact had been made about Mendes and that Mendes agent was not best pleased...

Anyways Mendes has played for years in the Premiership (for Portsmouth and Tottenham), he is now at a team which can guarantee a european place every year therefore why would he go to a mediocre English team again... surely we were not the only team after him in the summer...

......except this year! doh

He's proved that European football doesn't nescessarily mean that much to him. I'm sure he'd not be too happy NEVER getting European football, but still...he knowingly signed for us with no European football to play this season! (tu)