Smith fears protest damage

true we have to get some way to work together on this Murray Bain n Walter cant and wont be going anywhere so lets just concentrate on winning the SPL and uniting behind the manager, boardand most of all the team( we can then moan later again :craphead: )

SSN

Walter Smith is concerned about the possible fallout from a recent fans' protest against the Rangers board.

Supporters have called for club owner Sir David Murray to step down after growing increasingly frustrated at the direction the club are heading.

The 'We Deserve Better' campaign has been condemned by the Rangers Supporter Assembly, the umbrella organisation representing the club's followers across the world, but continues to remain in the public eye.

Smith fears further protests will be staged during the Gers' SPL clash with Falkirk on Saturday and admits the continued ill-feeling brewing in the stands could prove detrimental to performances on the pitch.

"If people are unhappy with the way we're going, they've got the right to express that disquiet," he said.

"I just hope it doesn't affect us too much. There is an awful lot going on around the club at the moment.

Problem

"So far, I don't think it has affected anything on the footballing side of things and that's the most important aspect from my own point of view.

"If there is going to be a protest tomorrow, I'm not quite sure how many people actually support those who have been critical this week.

"If it's a huge element of the support then obviously we will have a problem that we will have to overcome. Hopefully, it won't affect anybody on the pitch.

"I'm sure if we go out and play well enough then we can quiet them a little bit. We just have to keep trying to win games."

Meanwhile, Smith has dismissed reports linking Kris Boyd with a move to Lazio and highly-rated teenager John Fleck with Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham.

"We've not had one enquiry for any of our players at the moment," he said.

Smith knows a lot of the fans are unhappy with things recently - all the dropped points and losing to Celtic.

He also knows he screwed up royally over Kaunas.

The signing of Mendes and Davis had an uplifting effect and we were playing very well then came the St. Mirren away game and the Thomson injury and things changed.

Walter I feel made a big mistake in bringing back Barry F far too soon. Walter and Barry both said he would be given time to recover fully, but that did not happen. We have never really played well since Barry came back. Barry is not as yet anyway the same player of a few years ago. Nothing like it.

Smith will have to in my opinion turn to Fleck, Aaron and Naismith to get this side going again.

Sadly at the same time our defence has shaded off and that may be a big problem as we lack quality there. McGregor may have recovered form, but the rest have shaded off quite a bit.

As I said Walter has a few big decisions to make and youth must get a bit of a chance soon.

If he turns to these three players the fans will back him. That is my view.

losing to Kaunus, the millions spent on Edu Lafferty and Velicka

is a lot down to Wattie

just have to hope if Boyd goes Lafferty gets to play through the middle and start putting in good performances and that Ally's recent predictions about Mo come good

thing is its water under the bridge now and all we can do is put it behind us and get this title back

Smith knows a lot of the fans are unhappy with things recently - all the dropped points and losing to Celtic.

He also knows he screwed up royally over Kaunas.

The signing of Mendes and Davis had an uplifting effect and we were playing very well then came the St. Mirren away game and the Thomson injury and things changed.

Walter I feel made a big mistake in bringing back Barry F far too soon. Walter and Barry both said he would be given time to recover fully, but that did not happen. We have never really played well since Barry came back. Barry is not as yet anyway the same player of a few years ago. Nothing like it.

Smith will have to in my opinion turn to Fleck, Aaron and Naismith to get this side going again.

Sadly at the same time our defence has shaded off and that may be a big problem as we lack quality there. McGregor may have recovered form, but the rest have shaded off quite a bit.

As I said Walter has a few big decisions to make and youth must get a bit of a chance soon.

If he turns to these three players the fans will back him. That is my view.

Walter's close season signing policy was so short sighted it wasn't true. It was clear to a blind man that the defence was creaking and needed shoring up, not just replacing Cuellor with Bougherra. We are now in the position of having to shunt players around out of position the result being that we have the most unbalanced and unreliable defence for some time. Meanwhile we have a glut of midfield players, the only reason Mendes, Davis and Ferguson are all getting a game is because of Thomson's injury. Then we have the puzzler that is Kyle Lafferty. Will Walter ever play him up front through the middle? Or has he so convinced himself that Lafferty is in fact a natural winger? Totally agree about showing some faith with the youngsters. The fans will definately get behind them and support their selection. What does Walter have to lose? Well his job of course but he's more likely to lose it by continuing on his current path. :uk: