Inverness sack Craig Brewster

Muff

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have parted company with manager Craig Brewster after a run of seven consecutive league defeats.

The Highland club sit bottom of the Scottish Premier League table, one point adrift of 11th-placed Falkirk.

Brewster was in his second spell at the club, having resumed control of the team in August 2007.

The 42-year-old enjoyed a successful stint as player-manager before leaving for Dundee United in January 2006.

A miserable run at Tannadice ended after just three victories in 10 months and Brewster signed on as a player with Aberdeen before his return to the Caledonian Stadium.

Assistant manager Malcolm Thomson has also been asked to leave, with football director Graeme Bennett taking over on a temporary basis, along with first team coach John Docherty and goalkeeping coach Stuart Garden.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Give your reaction to Brewster's dismissal

Chairman George Fraser said: "This decision was not taken lightly but we feel it is in the best interests of the club looking forward.

"We thank Craig and Malcolm for their endeavours and extend our best wishes to both for their future.

"The process of identifying a new management team is under way with the target of an early appointment geared to ensuring that the club retains its SPL status for the 2009-10 season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/7837715.stm

Was only a matter of time. Craig Brewster is a truely awful manager.

One of my mates who supports aberdeen just texted me saying "looks like we're getting a new striker!"

ICT are fucked now anyway, St Johnstone will offer more to the SPL IMO.

Yaaaaaaaaas get it right up them.

Word up there is that john roberson is waiting in the wings to go back in , i was told that before christmas, he hasnt moved from there since his last spell with them, and was working for some company at ardersier.

Today just gets better as it goes on.

Word up there is that john roberson is waiting in the wings to go back in , i was told that before christmas, he hasnt moved from there since his last spell with them, and was working for some company at ardersier.

Yeah I saw John Robertson's name popping up. That would be a terrible appointment.

Yeah I saw John Robertson's name popping up. That would be a terrible appointment.

Absolutely, so fingers crossed it happens..

Blue monday, it sure is..

Where is John Robertson these days, I know he got the bullet at Derry but never heard of him since?

Also, has he not been sacked at every club he's managed?

Inverness would be better off going for Derek McInnes.

3 points

1) Derek McIness should not touch this job with a barge pole. All going well, his current team will be playing in the SPL next season, whilst ICT will no doubt replace them in the 1st Division.

2) I think Alex Rae would be good for the club given some of the contacts he has. He'd also fire them right up against Celtic! If they go back for John Robertson they'll be making the same mistake twice, as they done with Brewster.

3) Yes, Brewster is a very poor manager and he has been found out once again.

Where will the unnamed member of the ICT squad get his bumfun now :'(

who, ***** *******. :pipe:

He'll be off down the divisions with him, he has been at every other club he has been with.

Where will the unnamed member of the ICT squad get his bumfun now :'(

who, ***** *******. :pipe:

He'll be off down the divisions with him, he has been at every other club he has been with.

Hmm interesting, who is it? I'm one for gossip btw.

Just on reporting scotland there that Terry Butcher is among the front runners

That was something that started on ict forum this afternoon, by one poster saying his name, as someone he would like to see there.

Cant believe the press have picked up on that.