Edu snubs loan option

bringonthbarca

Rangers midfielder Maurice Edu has revealed he is uninterested in seeking a loan move away from Ibrox.

Edu has struggled to make an impact at Gers since signing from Toronto FC for £2.6million last summer.

The 22-year-old American has featured just twice so far this term, but is determined to make his mark in the SPL.

He told the Daily Record: "I just want to focus on trying to get in the team here.

"A couple of people suggested me going on loan but I want to make my mark at Rangers.

"The coaches have been encouraging me and told me to be patient as my time will come.

"Everyone has a role to play in this team whether it is starting the game or coming off the bench."

Another non-story from the Daily Rebel by the looks of it.

One of the most idiotic signings rangers have made in a long time.

He'll never ever get a game. Stuck behind an on form Thomson who then picks up a serious injury. Then Barry returms and gets thrown straight back into the first 11.

Edu will be stuck behind both these players for years. Last place in the world we needed to spend 2.6million. Another showing of poor management by Rangers Football Club

He might aswell pack his bags now.

stupid am sick of these future players is that not what murray park is for you dont just spend 2 mill on a futre player unless hes a wonderkid

and you should only really be signing 1 futre player you dont need to sign about 3 of them for nothing.

we want players that will be good for us right now

I actually think Walter's scared to bring Edu in.

Imagine our £2.75m signing comes in and has an absolute stonker of a game, walks away with a goal and MOTM.

It would put the gaffer in a such a hard position in terms of dropping his captain. Well, Walter would see it as a hard position but it would be a no-brainer for almost everyone else.

Posted this the other day and I'll (sadly) stand by it.

Well Edu and Lafferty and Velicka add up to 7m wasted in my opinion and you can add McCulloch and Whittaker to that. Total now is 11m+ add Beasley and thats 12m wasted and then SDM and Walter tell US to get real?!