Wee question on kris boyd for yous all

It's a pity he couldn't be trusted to perform against Celtic last year, when it mattered.

Or against Zenit, when it mattered. Hell, Burley couldn't even trust him against Norway!

As much as it's not Boyd's fault for any defeat, the fact that every manager he's played under hasn't trusted him for big games speaks volumes. Having to reshuffle your front line every time a big games comes up because your 'star-striker' is a man down can't be a good situation to be in.

Aye and look where that got us doh

On what basis do you base your opinion that Boyd would have performed in these big games?

The same basis that someone else could come in and score all the goals he has since he joined Rangers

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pity he couldn't be trusted to perform against Celtic last year, when it mattered.

Or against Zenit, when it mattered. Hell, Burley couldn't even trust him against Norway!

As much as it's not Boyd's fault for any defeat, the fact that every manager he's played under hasn't trusted him for big games speaks volumes. Having to reshuffle your front line every time a big games comes up because your 'star-striker' is a man down can't be a good situation to be in.

Aye and look where that got us doh

On what basis do you base your opinion that Boyd would have performed in these big games?

The same basis that someone else could come in and score all the goals he has since he joined Rangers

But we've got hard evidence he can't perform in big games.

Where's your evidence that someone couldn't come in and score all those goals?

So you are happy with that?

Pity he can't do that in the games at places like Tynecastle, the piggery, Easter Road, Pittodrie....

Your happy with the other aspects of his game?

Nah, i'm not, i'd love for him to improve on those parts of course.

But, i just think we need as many goals as we can get at the minute, in this title race, and of course, like most fans were when he scored im sure, im happy that at the moment he is scoring the goals we need to win games, tap ins, penalties or whatever, wins a win in this scenario at the moment really, we need to catch up with the unwashed.

And..did he not score against hearts in august? The sheep in November? Against Hibs in December?

That leaves the tims now!

Like i said in previous posts, these "hard games" against the sheep, hibs and hearts he has scored..

score against hearts in august? The sheep in November? Against Hibs in December?

He's still proving the people like myself right about how a slight improvement in his game would bring more goals, let's not forget that.

To think that improving your play outside the box is exclusive of scoring more goals is just daft.

Like i said in previous posts, these "hard games" against the sheep, hibs and hearts he has scored..

score against hearts in august? The sheep in November? Against Hibs in December?

Scored a good goal v Dundee Utd at Tannadice, I'll give you that.

Very rarely performs outside the comfort zone of Ibrox, unless it's in his old comfort zone of Rugby Park :D

I think ALOT of people are forgetting his shocking start to the season aswell.

Horrendous, just one awful performance after another. Now he's scoring freely against the low teams we wouldn't dream of selling him.

If someone told me that Birmingham City would offer 3.8millon for him in January i would have thought i was talking to RDB....

What, 1 goal in 5 starts against celtic (more than JCD/sebo)? 5 or 6 european goals in about 10 or 11 starts? 4 cup final goals, 7 in 15 for scotland... or do you count every misplaced pass? If he had a partner who could score, he would have a hell of a lot more assists and hes already played a part in a lot of our goals this season with his albeit improved linkup play

he once scored 5 goals in one game at tannadice and a hat trick there for us before, 2 goals at easter road before, he hasnt scored at pittodrie IIRC, so heres hoping that changes at the weekend

What, 1 goal in 5 starts against celtic (more than JCD/sebo)? 5 or 6 european goals in about 10 or 11 starts? 4 cup final goals, 7 in 15 for scotland... or do you count every misplaced pass? If he had a partner who could score, he would have a hell of a lot more assists and hes already played a part in a lot of our goals this season with his albeit improved linkup play

:lol:

Your Celtic stat is complete semantics. One goal against Celtic in his whole fucking CAREER!

6 European goals? When?

The Cup Final goals brought my unbridled joy.

And much like the criticisms he suffers for Rangers, who were his Scotland goals against? Faroe Islands and Bulgaria's B team provided a fair few of them, possibly four I think.

Were any of those away from home?

It's a totally different kettle of fish playing away from home, especially these days with the players we have.

So first it was "is he scoring against the bigger teams?" now its "away from home"? :lol:

Winning away from home is a major thing these days, but i don't know why there isn't a discussion on Millers lack of goals (albeit you did make a thread on pullinh him from the team!)

Bulgaria's B team, Faroe Island, Lithuania, South Africa and Georgia.

Even McFadden and Caldwell managed one against France ;)

Is that the same lithuanian b side the rest of our squad couldn't beat with Kaunas? :lol:

Oh, and 3 goals in 15 European games for us.

Brilliant!

Like i said, i'd say he's better in front of goal now than before, i could see him doing better in europe.

We'll have to wait and see now i guess.

Were any of those away from home?

It's a totally different kettle of fish playing away from home, especially these days with the players we have.

So first it was "is he scoring against the bigger teams?" now its "away from home"? :lol:

Winning away from home is a major thing these days, but i don't know why there isn't a discussion on Millers lack of goals (albeit you did make a thread on pullinh him from the team!)

It's both, so called bigger teams home and away.

It's harder to score away from Ibrox, those games are where you need everyone to perform, Boyd hasn't.

And to keep on par with you :lol:

Is that the same lithuanian b side the rest of our squad couldn't beat with Kaunas? :lol:

Lithuania B?

Bulgaria B I said!

Lithuania B?

Bulgaria B I said!

No i ment the Kaunas team, being lithuanias international side (forget the b bit doh)

It was just a self digging joke at our shite performance that two games :lol:

Your Celtic stat is complete semantics. One goal against Celtic in his whole fucking CAREER!

6 European goals? When?

And much like the criticisms he suffers for Rangers, who were his Scotland goals against? Faroe Islands and Bulgaria's B team provided a fair few of them, possibly four I think.

It was 1 more than kenny up until august this year :unsure:

He doesnt score in the big games, why? because he doesnt play, nah, get him the ball and he will, there in lies our problem, we, rangers footbal club, are not good enough to create the chances for boyd to score against the big teams, lets just wait for a dodgy penalty, a scrappy corner/free kick or a moment of magic that is displayed maybe once every couple of months by a different player each time

Lithuania B?

Bulgaria B I said!

No i ment the Kaunas team, being lithuanias international side (forget the b bit doh)

It was just a self digging joke at our shite performance that two games :lol:

Self digging :D

Our performance against Kaunas deserves all it gets.

Oh, and 3 goals in 15 European games for us.

Brilliant!

Like i said, i'd say he's better in front of goal now than before, i could see him doing better in europe.

We'll have to wait and see now i guess.

His performance against Pana away last season was nothing short of embarrassing. He hasn't improved much since then, except for being marginally less lazy.

6 European goals? When?

It was 1 more than kenny up until august this year :unsure:

He doesnt score in the big games, why? because he doesnt play, nah, get him the ball and he will, there in lies our problem, we, rangers footbal club, are not good enough to create the chances for boyd to score against the so called big teams, lets just wait for a dodgy penalty, a scrappy corner/free kick or a moment of magic that is displayed maybe once every couple of months by a different player each time

Indeed.

Eck, look mate, I agree with you on everything but this.

I'm not blaming Boyd for any loss, but he has to prove that he's worth the start. As I said in the Aberdeen Official Thread, I'd play him on Saturday because if a ball drops to him in the box then he WILL score.

It's all about proving he's worth the 'risk' in big games, and so far he's been (in general) a complete let-down when he's been trusted.