Brewster in demand as a striker

CooperSF

Forfar have joined Third Division rivals Montrose in the race to revive Craig Brewster's playing career.

The 42-year-old lost his manager's job at Inverness this week and has intimated that he could be tempted to pull the boots back on again.

Brewster began his career at Station Park and the lure of Forfar's Scottish Cup tie with Rangers may be tempting.

Meanwhile, St Mirren have invited Brewster to train with them but admit they are unlikely to sign him.

Buddies boss Gus MacPherson told BBC Scotland: "I've offered Craig facilities here because he'll be coming back down the road but I doubt if we'll be signing him, we already have five strikers."

Forfar manager Dick Campbell, whose side host Rangers in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup next month, said: "I've been trying to get in touch with Craig since he left Inverness to see what his plans are because he's someone I'd love to have here.

"He's 42 but that doesn't mean anything when you're talking about someone like Craig. You never lose the ability he has and fitness-wise I don't see any problems because he has always been one to look after his body."

"I don't know if coming here would appeal to him but it would appeal to us.

"I also like the fact he won't be cup-tied and we have a pretty big Scottish Cup clash just around the corner.

"I know he started out at Forfar and perhaps that might help us."

On Wednesday, new Montrose manager Steven Tweed, who played in Greece at Ionikos with Brewster, told BBC Scotland: "I would love to have Craig.

"It would be great to have him around the place with all his experience and to get him back playing football."

Brewster was an imposing striker for Dundee United, Hibs and Dunfermline before moving into management with Inverness, where he continued to play.

After an unsuccessful spell in charge at Dundee United, he resumed playing with Aberdeen, scoring four goals in 17 appearances.

He returned to manage Inverness in August 2007 but limited himself to just two outings as a player at the start of that season.

"All said and done, despite the fact that he is a manager and has not really played this season, he still has a lot to give the game as a player," added Tweed, who accepts the Third Division side may face stiff competition for Brewster's signature.

"I think people may be looking at him from so-called bigger clubs and that might be more interesting for him."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ose/7842737.stm

I wonder what else he is demand for..... :pipe:

allegedly.

lmao Mr Proctor will be gutted big Brewster got the bullet.

If Proctor signs for the same team as Brewster, Forfar perhaps, then all bets are very much off! It would be so funny if it happens.