Smith's tactics 100% right

Guest Andypendek

If the personnel had been different, we'd have won (tu)

Kerr, McDonald, Aluko, Duff, Miller and Mackie were not allowed to play, Jimmy Calderwood said it himself. They'd have over run us in midfield had we played 4-4-2, just like they did against celtc.

Formation spot on, personnel - shite.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-5-1 was the right way to go about it...however, near the end when we were dominating everything and we were preparing Novo, we HAD to go for it. Change McCulloch for Novo and put him and Boyd up front with Fleck wide left and had a good go, instead of playing the same formation throughout, knowing full well we needed all 3 pts badly, was criminal.

Well i suppose i just disagree. 4-5-1 never worked for us in the SPL last season so it certainly wasn't going to start now. But indeed, if it was going to be 4-5-1 McCulloch shouldn't have been the holding midfielder and Novo or Boyd should have been ahead of Miler.

Boyd can't play the lone role. He'd have been just as effective as Miller imho.

Well i suppose i just disagree. 4-5-1 never worked for us in the SPL last season so it certainly wasn't going to start now. But indeed, if it was going to be 4-5-1 McCulloch shouldn't have been the holding midfielder and Novo or Boyd should have been ahead of Miler.

I actually thought he was more threatening than Miller when he came on. I know he can't play the lone role, i'd rather neither played in that position, but right now if it was a choice between one or the other i'd pick Boyd, he'll at least add a goalscoring threat, Miller is just a headless chicken these days.

I actually thought he was more threatening than Miller when he came on. I know he can't play the lone role, i'd rather neither played in that position, but right now if it was a choice between one or the other i'd pick Boyd, he'll at least add a goalscoring threat, Miller is just a headless chicken these days.

(tu) Spot on, Boyd headed the ball down for Barry to have a shot. More than Miller did all day!

(tu) Spot on, Boyd headed the ball down for Barry to have a shot. More than Miller did all day!

The thing is, it should have been a striker he nodded on to, not a midfielder and certainly not Barry

if we were going to play 4-5-1, would we not have been better pushing davis in the middle, barry holding, novo and fleck/miller on the flanks supporting boyd? it makes NO sense that you drop your most in form player who gets you goals EVERY week...No matter how you look at it, we didnt do enough to win...we have have had the possession by a mile, but we created squat in the final third and even if we did play 4-4-2 i am not convinced that the dons midfield would have run riot - they may have had some more possession, but they wont have over run us...we missed an excellent opportunity to show we had the ability to win the league and we blew it

Glasgow rangers this century are crap. Stop supporting this team now. better off supporting Peterhead.

F*ck me Bailey! I'd have had me sniff sniff icon out faster than you could say "Miller has missed another chance" if i wasn't so sure you were a straight up kinda bloke.

These are shite times mate and we have to carry out the words of a great American songster, Mr Steve Perry.

Don't stop believin'!

Without faith we are just like any other football club.

But that's what sets us apart - we believe - we think things will get better - we hope we can enjoy the successes our forebears have brought us.

Never lose hope mate. We are Rangers.

Glasgow rangers this century are crap. Stop supporting this team now. better off supporting Peterhead.

I took this as sarcasm ? :unsure:

I think he meant it, but as a genuinely pissed off Bear. Maybe just got in?

He said on another thread that he has been a bear since 1963, if that is true, then he should know things will get better :cheers:

McCulloch shouldn't be near the reserves, let alone the first team.

If yer playing 4-5-1, why not bring in Hemdami? He's suited to it, its his game doing that. Why play that big diddy, out of place? Hemdami should have played. Certainly fuckin' better than fuckin Lee McCulloch.

He said on another thread that he has been a bear since 1963, if that is true, then he should know things will get better :cheers:

Aye i know rab, but maybe, just maybe, he's a had a bad night other than the Gers?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt anyway

That is true but does it make it any better. I really have lost the plot for the moment, but i now agree with some posters that SDM and Smith must go. Something I did not believe before.

Aye i know rab, but maybe, just maybe, he's a had a bad night other than the Gers?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt anyway

As will I :cheers:

Aye Ok then, cheer up Baileyseye :cheers:

I'm trying too. :21:

Good man :5260:

Here's hoping Walter will be gone by the end of the season, he is not what he was, Leiven will come in IMO :541: