Kevin Nolan

papaguy51

Crazy move for Nolan IMO.

He's far too good for Newcastle. He's not the most fashionable player in the world which is probably why the bigger clubs won't be interested, but he could do far better than the sinking ship that is United.

Crazy move for Nolan IMO.

He's far too good for Newcastle. He's not the most fashionable player in the world which is probably why the bigger clubs won't be interested, but he could do far better than the sinking ship that is United.

true but the question is does he want to stay at the ever sinking ship of bolton or move get 5-10k a week more to move to the sinking ship that is newcastle

I don't really see why he's too good for Newcastle TBH

They're a bigger club than Bolton, albeit they have troubles

N'Zog can f**k off too

Or Charles Insomnia as Kinnear calls him. What a trumpet old Joe is. :rolleyes:

As for Nolan he is indeed a good player. On the other hand Mad Barton's out for a good spell.

Most Bolton fans will be doing cartwheels at this news. Nolan could have got a bigger club years ago if it wasnt for he and Allardyce's constant mouthing off about an England cap. It just got embarrassing and his form suffered because of it. He's a t****** as well, so hey ho.

I honestly think that Newcastle will be now relegated. They've all but lost N'Zogbia and Given and they still have to play Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool. If they lose to Sunderland and don't beat West Brom then I reckon they're fucked.

I rated Nolan a few years back but his performances over the last two seasons have been poor.

I don't know why anyone would go to Newcastle, especially at this stage.

I don't see why Newcastle is such a big draw for players. They haven't been in the Champions League in the past 5 years, yet they've still managed to sign 2 Argentina internationalists, Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins in this time period, among others. I doubt that anyone outside the big 4, except perhaps Spurs and Man City, could attract this calibre of player, certainly not the teams around Newcastle in the table i.e. Middlesbrough, Portsmouth etc.

Anyone know why this is? :blink:

Very few players want to go to the North East with the main reason being that it doesn't have the same wow factor as London.

The only way for teams like Newcastle and Sunderland to attract the players that they do is by giving them bumper contracts.

I don't see why Newcastle is such a big draw for players. They haven't been in the Champions League in the past 5 years, yet they've still managed to sign 2 Argentina internationalists, Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins in this time period, among others. I doubt that anyone outside the big 4, except perhaps Spurs and Man City, could attract this calibre of player, certainly not the teams around Newcastle in the table i.e. Middlesbrough, Portsmouth etc.

Anyone know why this is? :blink:

Very few players want to go to the North East with the main reason being that it doesn't have the same wow factor as London.

The only way for teams like Newcastle and Sunderland to attract the players that they do is by giving them bumper contracts.

With that logic, surely no-one would want to move to Liverpool or Manchester either?

:doh: they have european pedigree and are guarenteed to be playing UCL football, like comparing a burgatti veyron and a skoda