We are not a team, we're a group of individuals

GOAT

No-one seems to know, or want to play as a team. Everyone has their individual way of playing, and they are more interested in doing as such, than actually playing and winning as a team. The biggest culprit for this is Barry 'McStay' Ferguson. I counted twice today the ball was falling to Mendes and this eejit twice, ran in front of him to intercept the ball and in fine Paul McStay style, he passed it backwards. Allan McGregor...I don't know if he is told to do it, but why the **** does he punt the ball up to either the smallest guy on the park, against the biggest defence in the SPL or to a guy who quite simply, wont jump off his fat arse to header a ball. Kris Boyd....You can't fault his goal scoring record, but when he doesn't score what else does he do? I like the big guy and we truly need his goals but he needs to work on his game. Steven Whittaker...His individual way of playing is more suited to a First division relegation side. Easily bet, backs off and lets players run at him and is the worse passer of the ball you're likely to see.

Now on to the game today. Putting Broadfoot at left back is probably the most baffling decision I've seen from Smith since he came back. Watching Broadfoot try to cross a ball with his left foot was embarrassing. Surely the management team must realise he has such a poor left foot? So why the hell play him at left back? Then, as I touched on earlier, is the decision to make McGregor punt a ball up to six foot plus defenders. No wonder Levein has us sussed, it's so predictable. His defenders were just lapping it all up, they must have been thinking "we could play Rangers every week". On to Davie Weir, I realise he's getting old and his eye sight isn't the same, and he should be on a couch infront of a window, slippers on and a pipe in his mouth, but c'mon to feck, learn to ****ing pass a ball! As for Davis and Fleck, they played well but they run through the middle too much and because of this we're lacking badly in width. Great Rangers teams of the past always had width and that's why they where great.

Now, if one thing everyone should learn in football, it's we can't give teams time on the ball. Everytime Dundee Utd had the ball we just sat back and let them play. It's shocking. When you watch us with the ball every Dundee Utd player shut us down, ran at us and gave us a tough time. That's why it was hard for us. We should be doing the same! Overall pass marks go to Fleck, Mendes, Bougherra and maybe Davis. Everyone else today was a passenger. Whittaker was a man down.

Walter Smith is predictable. He needs to go after the season ends. Thank you for the 90's but this isn't 1990 anymore, football has changed and so have tactics. You haven't. Long balls to those defenders today shows you have not got a clue and ran out of ideas. He talks about the deadwood, well today proves we need width and we don't need Barry McStay, Kirk Broadfoot, Steven Whittaker, Kenny Miller or Davie Weir. They just aren't good enough anymore. If Celtic win tomorrow and god forbid, beat us next month, then it's time for Smith to drop the wasters and play youth...what have you got to lose?

I'd also like to say well done to Kyle Lafferty today, got a goal and when he came on for the last 15 minutes (another Smith trait...75 min subs) and was the only player who ran and chased every ball and he took his goal well. He should have scored before it though, mind you. He get's a lot of stick on here, but I thought he changed the game in our favour. We seemed to go for it in the last 15 minutes...just like Aberdeen ironically...another Smith trait.

A win papered over the cracks today, but I am one very angry bear.

I wonder if they will all settle back down again after the window closes....the board has made it clear anyone is for sale and clubs know we need the cash so its very possible someone will phone Sir Dave Monday morning and bid for any player they want ...Boogie, Mendes anyone ...and said player could be shoved out the door with a sweetner if the financial pressures Sir D is under demand it. Playing under those circumstances isn`t easy. Lets hope the window closes without any of our favourites being sold on and then the team can get back to being a team again