Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

RANGERS ANNOUNCE SIGNING OF JACK BUTLAND

JACK BUTLAND

PREV ARTICLE

RANGERS Football Club are delighted to announce the pre-contract signing of Jack Butland from Crystal Palace. Jack will officially join the club on July 1, on a four-year deal, subject to international clearance.

The 30-year-old goalkeeper, who has been capped nine times by England, becomes Michael Beale’s third signing of the summer following the arrivals of Kieran Dowell and Dujon Sterling.

Butland arrives with significant Premier League experience, starting his career at Birmingham City before making the move to Stoke City in 2013.

The Englishman racked up over 150 appearances for the Potters across a seven-year spell, earning the club’s Player of the Year award in both the 2015/16 and 2018/19 campaigns for his impressive performances.

In the meantime, Butland continued to gain international recognition and boasts the honour of being England’s youngest ever international goalkeeper after making his debut as a 19-year-old in a friendly against Italy.

The goalkeeper then joined Crystal Palace in 2020, before moving on loan to Manchester United for the second half of the 2022/23 campaign as Erik ten Hag’s side lifted the Carabao Cup, reached the FA Cup final, and secured a top four finish in the Premier League.

Speaking after signing for Rangers, Butland said: “I’m over the moon. The club speaks for itself. No matter where you are in football, you know about Rangers Football Club. This is a huge opportunity for me, and I’m delighted to be here.

“I feel great and motivated at the age that I am, and I feel excited at what the future holds. Doing that at a club that is equally as passionate about winning and being at the top was huge for me.

“It’s an important summer for the club and we need to get off to a good start. Getting the work done early is hugely important, so that we’re settled and raring to go when we come back in.”

Manager, Michael Beale, commented: “I am delighted that we have recruited Jack. It was clear from our first meeting that we have a strong alignment on football and his development moving forward.

“At 30, he is coming into the prime years of his career having already amassed huge experience with 300 appearances in senior football, including almost 90 in the Premier League.

“In addition, he has played for England at every level, including nine caps for the senior team and five for the Great Britain Olympic team.

"I feel that we have recruited an excellent goalkeeper and, importantly, a top person. We are delighted to have Jack and his young family arriving in Glasgow and look forward to seeing him excel in his time at Rangers.”

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Grow up 😊 nothing wrong with the thread, welcome to Rangers JB. Announcement posts. 

Nothing much more to it, away finger blast yer cats.

You said it was official before it was official, desperate to start the thread before anyone else. Clearly have a weird cat fetish as well.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

I reckon he will be a class signing.

We are signing players at the right age, with the right attitude, hungry to play football, hungry to win and hungry to prove themselves.

Turning down your boyhood club, who probably offered a decent chunk of money, shows he's eager to be a number one still and not a backup.

Do for me.

Just now, TamCoopz said:

You said it was official before it was official, desperate to start the thread before anyone else. Clearly have a weird cat fetish as well.

He's sent me numerous pm's of sexy cats mate absolute weirdo. I've reported him a number of times but he keeps doing it.

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

He's sent me numerous pm's of sexy cats mate absolute weirdo. I've reported him a number of times but he keeps doing it.

I’ll find something to report him for as well, absolute freak.

anyway welcome to Rangers Jack Butland, sorry the thread wasn’t better.